Heads up , Poorhunter

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Some of the yuppies that have recently bought into our rural area are developing a sense of (their)
community and how to improve it .
A coalition of these ladies invaded my hollow today . Wanted me to donate toward a community
swimming pool .
Don't know what I did to upset them.
>
>
>
>
In the sense of community spirit I went in the house , filled an empty 2 litre soda bottle with tap
water , and carried it straight out to them ......................................

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friend!, Since you contributed to the filling of there swimming hole. I may have to take it upon myself to help in the same manner if they come around. With colored water. He He he he he :laughing9: :evil6:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
Well my friend!, Since you contributed to the filling of there swimming hole. I may have to take it upon myself to help in the same manner if they come around. With colored water. He He he he he :laughing9: :evil6:
That was my first inclination . But , in the spirit of community , I tried to 'make for nice'. :laughing9:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
NaturalJWL said:
You mean they don't like skinny dippin' in the creek >? :laughing7:
Nope ! At least one fish pond/swimmin hole on every farm , too . Those are 'icky' to them . Gotta have concrete , chlorine , facilities , ect.....................................

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NaturalJWL said:
FC, you gotta understand, Them city slickers keep movin around us. First its a swimming pool, then its a playground. Then next thing yuh know there is a gas station, Wal-mart,mcdonald's etc. WE DON'T WANT IT!

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I agree with you, saw it happen around here.

One fella bought a nice alfalfa feild to build on next to the dairy barn, then complained about the smell. :dontknow:

Another bought a nice pond because of the ducks and geese, next year he was cussin' goose greese. :laughing7:

They want the country life then want to change it to city.

Keep it while you can.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
NaturalJWL said:
FC, you gotta understand, Them city slickers keep movin around us. First its a swimming pool, then its a playground. Then next thing yuh know there is a gas station, Wal-mart,mcdonald's etc. WE DON'T WANT IT!
We've been fighting zoning laws outside city limits for over 30 years . Several elected county commissioners have been voted out of office for taking the wrong position on this issue over the years .
We're fixin to get rid of some more in the next election .
These housing developements that have eaten prime farm land are a direct threat to all of America . Here
in WV we don't have all that much flat ground . Plunk housing developements on that and where are we going to get food to feed these 'new' country folks ?
Sorry . I'm off my soap box now . :help:

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
truckinbutch said:
Some of the yuppies that have recently bought into our rural area are developing a sense of (their)
A coalition of these ladies invaded my hollow today . Wanted me to donate toward a community
swimming pool .
>
>
>
>
In the sense of community spirit I went in the house , filled an empty 2 litre soda bottle with tap
water , and carried it straight out to them ......................................

I'm disappointed, couldn't you have found a 3 litter bottle?? :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
GaDigger81 said:
truckinbutch said:
swimming pool .
>
>
>
>

I'm disappointed, couldn't you have found a 3 litter bottle?? :laughing9: :laughing9:
Had a cat litter bucket I coulda used . Seemed like they got pissy enough over the used soda bottle . :tongue3:

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
truckinbutch said:
GaDigger81 said:
truckinbutch said:
swimming pool .
>
>
>
>

Had a cat litter bucket I coulda used . Seemed like they got pissy enough over the used soda bottle . :tongue3:

:laughing9:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll watch out when they come around, wanting you to join thier new
"Home-Owners Association"!

Pay someone else, to tell you how to live! What a joke!
I call that prison!

and don't be throwing out my kitty litter buckets, I use them for my
shrimp, when fishing! hehehehehehe :laughing7:

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
texastee2007 said:
Those little ladies might have been ripping folks off also...is this the first time you heard about a swimming pool? A pool that size will cost several thousand dollars and they plan on raising it door to door? I wonder what happens to the money they raise if they fall really short on funding? Sounds a bit like a scam to me. Sic the dog on them next time. LOL

I wonder if I can go door to door to raise enough money to get my road paved... :dontknow: :laughing7:

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
GaDigger81 said:
texastee2007 said:
Those little ladies might have been ripping folks off also...is this the first time you heard about a swimming pool? A pool that size will cost several thousand dollars and they plan on raising it door to door? I wonder what happens to the money they raise if they fall really short on funding? Sounds a bit like a scam to me. Sic the dog on them next time. LOL

I wonder if I can go door to door to raise enough money to get my road paved... :dontknow: :laughing7:

Start with paving roads, end up with a McD's on the corner. :tongue3:

Tisk, tisk, tisk. :laughing7:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a door to door fundraising campaign is in order here. I'll need to raise a few thousand dollars for equipment to assist me in the removal of metal objects that have been buried in the park. It's part of an initiative to remove metal pollution from recreational areas and get it recycled..... ::)

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i do know a couple people who are good at writing grant applications for people, mostly for school, but hey, if Uncle Sam will buy me a Minelab, I'll be happy to put whatever money i make into circulation.....And clean up the environment.....Just trying to do my part to make the world a cleaner place ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions