Lost my Whites charger.. cant remember if it was just a wall-wart, or did it...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Lost my Whites charger.. can't remember if it was just a wall-wart, or did it...

...did it have anything on it that told the charger (like, LED's etc.) that the battery was done charging. God know's where that thing is.... but I used to only use the double-A pack, and not the rechargeable. So now that I want to start cutting down on battery costs, of course, I can't find the charger for the rechargeable pack. I have ton's of wall-warts around here (being that I'm an electronics guy), but I can't remember if it had a "charge done" sense LED on it, or was it just a wall wart? My immediately thought is that it probably has an LED that lets you know when it's done (either by sensing current reduction through the charge itself, or peak voltage sensed). For the life of me, I can't remember, or find it. I've looked everywhere for that thing... I can probably build my own, but I'm hoping someone can tell me,

1). what's the rated voltage and mA rating of the wall-wart output (they usually print this on the wall-wart itself).
2). Without me literally breaking open the battery pack, does anyone know the peak voltage of the battery itself? Lithium?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Lost my Whites charger.. can't remember if it was just a wall-wart, or did it...

Try to find out the specs On whites web site, You might be able to Get one from them!!!! HH When you get a charger Chug!!!!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Re: Lost my Whites charger.. can't remember if it was just a wall-wart, or did it...

Chug and Red said:
Try to find out the specs On whites web site, You might be able to Get one from them!!!! HH When you get a charger Chug!!!!
Yeah, me being in funds compensation mode, I thought I would be better off building a hybrid charger than actually buying one. I will look for the specs on that site, but I thought there might be someone that could give me the 'run-down' of it without me looking through the documents (and the fact that I'm quite lazy). I thought I would hit you guys up first, as I know a lot of you have whites. I seem to remember a red led that blinked at three levels, Discharged, charging, and fully charged. But perhaps I'm thinking of something else.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

if I remember right, the older whites used a nik cad, and as you already know, if you don't use it, it'll lose it. mine went belly up on my DFX in less than a year. I switched to rechargeable batteries before I sold it

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

I gave up on that sucker when the Ni Cads ate the soider tab connectors.
Here are the specs-Input 120v 60 cyc. 5W -Output 11.6 VDC
I think the red LED just indicates power on.
It has 2 charge rates selected by switch overnight 85 mA and fast 280 mA.
This unit was for an XLT battery pack but I think it is the same as the DFX pack.
Whites part # is 509-0022
Good luck, Frank

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Frankn said:
I gave up on that sucker when the Ni Cads ate the soider tab connectors.
Here are the specs-Input 120v 60 cyc. 5W -Output 11.6 VDC
I think the red LED just indicates power on.
It has 2 charge rates selected by switch overnight 85 mA and fast 280 mA.
This unit was for an XLT battery pack but I think it is the same as the DFX pack.
Whites part # is 509-0022
Good luck, Frank
Thanks. It sounds like most typical non-lithium chargers... keep charging until you unplug it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread