So I was chatting with a random person on the internet from Isreal...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Me, being up to date on my news and the treatment of people around the world... My first though was to ask him how he felt about those "people" in the Gaza strip.... Immediately, I felt a little hesitation but he did make it known that he didn't like 'them'. So, I humored him and gave a little gas to his fire... I ask him, "Well, you know that God gave that land to you, and how do you feel about them trying to take it from you?". His hesitation lowered and he opened up a little more and gave me some more in-site into his 'facts'. Near the end of the conversation, nearly where I couldn't take it anymore, I asked him "Well, take, for example a 5 year old little girl, a person that doesn't understand anything about politics or religion, and she finds herself being thrown out of her house and hated; what do you think might run through her mind?.... where would you think the best place would be for them to go after being thrown out of their home?". "Not my problem", he protested. I said, "perhaps just burn them?". "Yeah, that's a very good idea".

I'm not against Israel, but this is shocking to think that people think this way. Very shocking. Of course, I don't live anywhere near there, but if I were to feel that way about a neighbor, it would make me .... well... ......I just don't understand people.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, remember one person in Israel is the same as one in the US. Can be violently one way or the other, not necessarily representative.

I have talked to others that are completely opposite. Talked to a electrical engr in Iran the other day, he is completely bewildered by what is going on.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Mike, remember one person in Israel is the same as one in the US. Can be violently one way or the other, not necessarily representative.

I have talked to others that are completely opposite. Talked to a electrical engr in Iran the other day, he is completely bewildered by what is going on.

Don Jose de La Mancha

You know... You just put this completely into perspective for me. Thank you. I mean, I'm in Texas, and if I were to random chat with someone in my own state, they would have something hateful to say against Hispanics. Thank you. Perhaps I need to just remove this post. Really. I would HOPE that most people in Israel didn't feel the same as this one person.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Look at it like this Mike...If Texans had been persecuted,butchered,massacred,reviled and hated around the world for 2000 years, you'd be a little pissy too!
Now throw into the mix the fact that Mexico and every other US state wanted Texans obliterated and wiped off the map, and you start to get an idea of what Israelis live with everyday.
Of course there's a lot more to it, but that's my "in a nutshell" explanation. It doesn't mean it's right to treat the Palestinians the way they do, but i think it's a natural response when born and raised into a situation like that. Knowing everybody for thousands and thousands of miles all around just live for the day that you and your race and country are all dead...can have a detrimental effect on a persons thinking! :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they say Remember your past
or your doomed to repeat it.

Seems to me remembering the past causes more Problems.

Maybe it's time to forget the past,
Move on, and
Live & Let live

& Hope for the best :coffee2:

I'm sure my Great great Grandfater was wronged by somone.

I personally don't care who, why or what was done.

Dosn't effect me or my Life

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Look at it like this Mike...If Texans had been persecuted,butchered,massacred,reviled and hated around the world for 2000 years, you'd be a little pissy too!
Now throw into the mix the fact that Mexico and every other US state wanted Texans obliterated and wiped off the map, and you start to get an idea of what Israelis live with everyday.
Of course there's a lot more to it, but that's my "in a nutshell" explanation. It doesn't mean it's right to treat the Palestinians the way they do, but i think it's a natural response when born and raised into a situation like that. Knowing everybody for thousands and thousands of miles all around just live for the day that you and your race and country are all dead...can have a detrimental effect on a persons thinking! :wink:

Dano! I could not have said this better myself.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA thrill a hunt. What that kicked out Britlander didn't include in his remark -->>If Texans had been persecuted,butchered,massacred,reviled and hated around the world for 2000 years
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

soo were the OIRISH Dano yet ? No smooch ? heheheheheheheehh

Don Jose de La Mancha

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well they say there are two sides to every story. Sometimes maybe both versions can be biased.
I guess it depends on who is telling the story. I think the sooner that problem is settled the better off the world will be. But there is always the next problem. Frank

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
It would also help if people (on both sides) in that part of the world didn't raise their children with fanaticism and hate.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose de La Mancha
Thank you spart, tropi, and all!
Many seemed bewidered at the state of affairs and things today.
Who was it said, Let 'em drink coke? yeh real nice
I too, have many dearly held friend, all over this dirtball. Many races/religions/colors/creeds.

Friends, it is not someone else, doing this to someone else.
It is all of us, doing it to each other and to ourselves!
When, when are we just going to STOP!
Stop and think, stop and see!
The one we are looking at in judgment and judge, is really, what we don't like seeing, within ourselves!

We all know, we are all capable of the worst kind of atrocities, and also capable of the most heavenly and godlike behaviours.
There is the best in the worst of us and the worst in the best of us.

We are all in this together. Lay aside your weapons of hate, anger, and fear!
These do not serve you, and bring down major error, which is then multiplied, into the powers!
Replace anger and fear in your hearts with LOVE.

Love for the one you look at in judgment, all the time remembering,
There but for the grace of God, go there I.

Love your family, loved ones, neighbors, friends, and even a stranger, today, now,
with no thought of love or reward back.
Do it, because it is what is proper.

Ooookay, we need someone hear to clean up some cat-puke please! :laughing7:
we'll now all rise for prayer, which afterwards, I'll be turning the podium over to
brother or sister......................?
hehehehehehe I love ya'll

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:
Don Jose de La Mancha
Thank you spart, tropi, and all!
Many seemed bewidered at the state of affairs and things today.
Who was it said, Let 'em drink coke? yeh real nice
I too, have many dearly held friend, all over this dirtball. Many races/religions/colors/creeds.

Friends, it is not someone else, doing this to someone else.
It is all of us, doing it to each other and to ourselves!
When, when are we just going to STOP!
Stop and think, stop and see!
The one we are looking at in judgment and judge, is really, what we don't like seeing, within ourselves!

We all know, we are all capable of the worst kind of atrocities, and also capable of the most heavenly and godlike behaviours.
There is the best in the worst of us and the worst in the best of us.

We are all in this together. Lay aside your weapons of hate, anger, and fear!
These do not serve you, and bring down major error, which is then multiplied, into the powers!
Replace anger and fear in your hearts with LOVE.

Love for the one you look at in judgment, all the time remembering,
There but for the grace of God, go there I.

Love your family, loved ones, neighbors, friends, and even a stranger, today, now,
with no thought of love or reward back.
Do it, because it is what is proper.

Ooookay, we need someone hear to clean up some cat-puke please! :laughing7:
we'll now all rise for prayer, which afterwards, I'll be turning the podium over to
brother or sister......................?
hehehehehehe I love ya'll

cat, It is written somewhere something to the effect.....they will beat their swords into plowshares and spears into pruning hooks. This will happen, don't worry, but not because every human on earth suddenly decides to stop hating and uniformly decide to live in peace. Sorry....can't say anymore. I am in dangerous territory as it is.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
LOL, and in the REAL world, those who beat their swords into plowshares will do the plowing for the ones who kept their swords.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna, you are so right about that :laughing7:

So long as there are 2 people, that's right 2 people, one is going to resent the other for something. :laughing9:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the world will only ever know peace when humans disappear from it?

But then again if there are no humans then there is no world.....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason the German Roach will still be around. Heck, they even laughed at the dinosaurs :laughing7:

Maybe it's because roaches don't fight amongst themselves like people and other animals :tongue3:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate and can relate to all opinions, My mind is pretty broad.
Big brain Big brain!

Allow me please, to remind all, of the definition of insanity:
Repeating the same action, over and over, expecting a different outcome.

Ya'll keep doing what ya'll always done, ya probably gonna get, what ya always got!

No no no, now not the time for thinking, reflecting, comtemplateing, lets all REACT!

What, as usual, ya'll need me to lead the way? :laughing7:
But, we may need bail bondsmen! LOL! :laughing7:

Oh, and all think (?) of life, ya only worth, like $7.42 broken down recycled, and that's if ya ain't robbed of ya pieces parts before hand, for black market.
Who's a better friend, living person or dead person?

Make sure all hold dearly and tightly, that anger, fear, hate, and bias's, so you can forever be enslaved to it.
I got many friends, yep, dead relatives, in the ground, still control their lives.
Who controls yours?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
thrillathahunt said:
So the world will only ever know peace when humans disappear from it?

I wouldn't say it will know peace, but that's the only way there will be no human caused conflict.

thrillathahunt said:
But then again if there are no humans then there is no world.....

dinosaurs2.jpg

These guys (amongst others) disagree.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Wikipedia definition of "world" -

World is a common name for the whole of HUMAN civilization, specifically the human experience, history, or human condition in general anywhere on earth.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not a member of the VHEMT are you? (Voluntary Human Extinction Movement) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread