spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the 4th of July.. Happy Independence Day...

I wonder how we would be celebrating this holiday, if they signed the Declaration of Independence on either January, or February 4th :laughing7:

I don't think we would see too many patriots flocking to the shorelines, or lakes in the dead of winter to watch firework displays, and have a barbecue. :tongue3: I really wonder if the forefather's didn't have this in mind when they thought of when they might be celebrating this day :icon_scratch:

For some reason I can't seem to shake the thought out of my head in seeing Betsy Ross in a thong on the beach, sitting next to Ben Franklin in his Speedo :laughing9:

A special thanks to my buddy Dano for reminding me of what I'm best at :thumbsup: :laughing9:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Our Founding Fore Fathers would be rolling over in their graves to see they died for nothing,sometimes I'm ashamed to admit I'm an AMERICAN!People wake up to what is happening to our FREEDOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All in the name of[IT'S FOR YOUR SAFTEY] my saftey is the 45 I pack!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will still celebrate Independence day this year. Hopefully I can still find someplace where fireworks are still allowed, but I do not feel as good about it as I have in the past. To me, it seems like we as a country are heading right back to the place we were before we got our independence.

God bless America! I can still say that I think.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt, Do you think England would consider taking us back :dontknow:

If they did, we can always declare our independence again down the road when things got better :thumbsup: :laughing9:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Plain and simple,the Red Coats came over on the MayFlower,things are NOT going to get any better,you can garrantee one thing though,they ARE gonna get a lot WORSE!!!!!!!Keep your powder dry.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
thrillathahunt said:
That's a good one Spart. :thumbsup: But I think we need Dano's opinion on this. :laughing9:

"Americans?...We don need no steenkeen Americans!" ;D

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Paddy was an orishman , Tammie was a theif . Tammy went to Paddy's house an stole a side of beef .
I get that right , Don Jose ?......................................... :laughing9: :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget about where the country has been, and where it's going.. Just think if Independence Day was in the dead of winter.. We are used to celebrating it in the summer, enjoying the outdoors, beaches, fireworks, etc..

What would you do in the dead of winter :icon_scratch:

Maybe a patriotic snowball fight :dontknow: :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
Forget about where the country has been, and where it's going.. Just think if Independence Day was in the dead of winter.. We are used to celebrating it in the summer, enjoying the outdoors, beaches, fireworks, etc..

What would you do in the dead of winter :icon_scratch:

Maybe a patriotic snowball fight :dontknow: :laughing7:
Mebbie 'bundle' with a gal you would like to know better and make fireworks ?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah, it would be just as fun and just as active!

patriotic snowmobile races, dog sled races, cross country ski events, downhill ski events, ice fishing tournaments, all flying the red white and blue!!

patriotic snow cones---striped red white and blue--yummy!

being in the South I would still BBQ! :laughing7:

I am proud to say I am American....anyone not liking America best pick up a passport and leave...don't need ya weighing down the country :laughing9: and of course, once gone, you know that everyone is going to find 'something wrong' with the new country they adopted :icon_sunny:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recon it's the BEST of the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just remember the frog and pot of boiling water!!!!!!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
A winter celebration would have been more fun. You could all have sat outside in the snow around a small fire chewing sticks and pretending you were in Washingtons army before Yorktown! People would turn up warm (red) go cold (white) and then fall over and die (blue). Lots more patriotic in my view? ;D

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll too funny!
Hey, since we all seem to be getting handed lemons, lets make lemonade! LOL! :laughing7:

Yes thrillofthehunt, My safe guess, no one gonna gun ya down for that, I hope! LOL! :laughing7:
Bless, something, someone, please........... :laughing7:

Farmerchick, crack me up. Yes dear, I'm going to pick up my passport, when I float back in, I'm gonna sit on the beach, declare, no hablo englis, and ask when Brothers to the Rescue, gonna come pick me up, with my new welcome package! :laughing7:
Unfortunanty, I'm gonna hafta play deaf-mute, cause I don't speak spanish either! pocito and milo! :laughing7:

I just got certain sounds to leave my head, after years.
I could go a few lifetimes, without another july 4th. Not that I am not patriotic, btw.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Officer #1: You ever been to jail, Tony?
Tony Montana: Me? Jail? No way. No.
Immigration Officer #1: Been in a mental hospital?
Tony Montana: Oh, yeah. On the boat coming over.

Tony Montana: What you tell 'em?
Manolo Ray: I told 'em what you told me to tell 'em, I told 'em I was in sanitation, they didn't go for it.
Tony Montana: Sanitation? I told you to tell 'em that you was in a sanitarium, not sanitation, sanitarium.
Tony Montana: You should have kept your mouth shut, they'd have thought you was a horse and let you out

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cat, a quick question. Do you feel that you are as free as you were 25 years ago?

Just curious.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thrillathahunt,You KNOW what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
cat, a quick question. Do you feel that you are as free as you were 25 years ago?
Just curious.
I am as free now as I have ever been, or would think I ever could be.
That is something that comes from within, not from what I see, outside of myself.
Change my situation, perhaps my perceptions could change. Who's to say?

If you mean, has the gubbernut, tied me up, and down, owe yeh, it's a spider web.
Increased taxes, legislations, rules, laws, paperwork, fines, penalties.
Everybody got their hand out, for a piece of the pie, if it ain't already down your pants, reaching for ya wallett.(which makes me think of junk mail, but thats another subject.)
Even the 1%'ers, some, got knocked back down to .25%.
I do still have many freedoms, that I KNOW, do not exists world-wide.
For them, I am extremely greatful!

Was those the answers you were looking for?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one freedom in this country that far too few people take full advantage of. Maybe it's because they don't realize that this fantastic freedom exist? So, just very briefly, I'm going to take a moment to post that fantastic opportunity here.

In this country, you have the freedom to decide that you don't like it here anymore, and you have the freedom to get a passport, the freedom to choose another country to live in, the freedom to pack your bags, and the freedom to leave this country forever.

It's just one of those fantastic American freedoms too few people take full advantage of. I wonder why? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread