Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bust on metal detecting.

beach trip was fab! tons of great swimming, fishing etc....but metal detecting was rough. get this, only 2 tent stakes, about 6 unknown chunks of metal, 4 beer caps, 6 soda tops, few rusty nails and that was IT!

not a penny, or a piece of anything like jewelry.

seriously people did not leave trash, they didn't carry money to the beach etc. I found just junky stuff. I am very surprised I didn't hit anything of value like a stupid quarter :laughing9: :laughing9:

oh well....live to hunt another day! :headbang:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be going to the wrong beaches :dontknow: Are there other people on the beach the same time you are there?

I always walk away with something from the beach.. I'm always picking up wallets left right on blankets and towels for some reason.. Almost makes having a metal detector unnecessary. :laughing7:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Smartie! :laughing7:
nah, these campers were poor that I could tell, nothing good to pick from the towels in the area :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need to find a higher end camping ground, then the picking will be good :thumbsup:

I remember one of the last times I went to a camping ground, I was in my mid 20's and went tent camping for a week with a group of my friends.. The worst part of the experience is that not one of these yokel's had any real camping experience, but at least they enjoyed the outdoors. I ended up setting up much of the camp, and taught them along the way.. How I only wished it was my childhood friends with me, as we were all in the scouts and camping was pretty much a norm for us.

Our week was pretty much uneventful which was a good thing. We did go water skiing twice on Lake George. Other than that, the area had no real entertainment for mile around... Not even a decent bar. One night we drove to Ticonderoga, NY and the town at the time had its streets all rolled up for the night. That was a waste of driving nearly 45 minutes :laughing7:

The best part is that I did reunite with several of my surviving friends last year, and we are planing an outing later this summer.. If we are dumb enough, we'll probably shoot the Delaware rapids again, but this time sober :laughing7:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Depending on the time of year,beach hunting can be rough.Gold and silver sink quickly in the sand,not to be revealed again until a storm causes the tides to stir the sand and bring that stuff back to the top.Only the hard packed sand will cause heavy items to sink more slowly,but then you have to contend with the ever present tide. Good Luck. rockhound

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound, you wouldn't have to even worry about the tide if you had the Army Corps of Engineers at your disposal.. Give them a mission to divert the ocean on the beachfront you are hunting, end of tide problem. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well now a call to the corps of engineers is in need then :laughing7:

LOL---when younger I sure wasted time hunting for that perfect bar when on vacation, many trips wasted....now I pack in all my booze. private party instead :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, lesson 1 - never pack your own booze, take it from other people. :thumbsup:

I like visiting a bar I've never been to before. I always bring a monocle, so I can make a spectacle of myself :laughing7:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you take it friendly like, or just bust in at night and slither away with it???? :laughing9: :laughing9:

Tony had 5 lbs. of fresh shimp and mullet and more in a cooler for surf fishing. Raccoon opened the cooler and ate about 3 lbs leaving the tails.
then he tied down that cooler, and that bugger went into drink cooler and drank all of the kids Capri Sun drink cartons....left the empty cartons on the ground.....thank goodness he couldn't twist the beer lids!!

---or was that you? :laughing9: :laughing9: sneaking around my camp??

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, sorry, but I am not into covert operations... I just stroll through a campsite and see what goodies are laying about :tongue3: Since it is done during the daylight, if I'm ever spotted I tell them I'm hunting down a rabid raccoon.. You'll never see one during the day, unless it is sick :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread