Why do we celebrate the 4th of july? you will be amazed at the responses

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
After watching this, I understand perfectly why America is where she is. What a shame.

Thanks for posting, Xmarks73!

Sky Pilot

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know this is so sad, when I grew up we learned who the founding Fathers were, and to be proud of our great Country....AND WE WERE....It is no wonder we are in the shape we are in as a Country...Sky Pilot, love "The Stars, and the Bars"......

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable for sure. :icon_scratch:

Fossis..............

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
No surprise here,the dumming down of America has been going on for some time now. I don't think they even teach history any more.No child left behind seems to be working well. Just show up for class and you will pass,what a wonderful system.No wonder America is fast becoming third world country and China and Japan has taken over as the leaders in production and trade. Soon we will not be able to purchase goods from other countries and we have forgotten how to make our own.The dollar has been on the decline so much lately that most countries do not want any more of them. Probably the dollar will not be worth the paper(cloth) it is printed on shortly. Makes a good fire starter though. Most I think see this coming and this is why silver and gold buying shops have sprung up all over the country. rockhound

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on
1/2 the population doesn't know what 2 + 2 equals let alone a 'holiday' and its meaning :laughing9:

it isn't about education etc so much, probably no one cares anymore :)

S

Smee

FarmerChick said:
come on
1/2 the population doesn't know what 2 + 2 equals let alone a 'holiday' and its meaning :laughing9:

Oh what a great job our Unionized educators are doing. We have "history" classes, we have "civics" classes, we have "government" classes and no one knows.

What are they teaching in those classes? I would like to know because it sure isn't history, civics or government.

Even at my worst, in my far left, uninformed, and chemically altered youth --- I knew what the 4th of July was and why we celebrated it! Now, if those poor teachers without today's advances in education could get through to me way back in the 1960's and 1970's, it should be easy with all the advanced methods the Unionized educators have at their disposal today to teach kids about the birth of this country.

Could today's teachers just be showing up for a paycheck? I think so!!!

Looking at my daughter's test scores (she's homeschooled by the way by my wife who got her GED in the 10th grade) versus those of children in the same grade in the public school system, the teachers must just show up so they can go party in the teachers' lounge, because they sure aren't teaching anything to the kids.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I am totally amazed by some of the answers shown in the video, or should I say shocked. That is basic history for Americans....surely!!!

'U.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, blame the teachers and not the students, way to go :thumbsup: :laughing7:

A teacher can do only so much, then it's up to the student and their parents; that is if they have any . :tongue3:

I don't think home schooled is the way to go either. :icon_scratch: You have no real set curriculum, surely no teaching credential, or teaching certificate for a GED holder either. When your child graduates, do you also make up your own home schooled diploma :dontknow: I wonder how far that goes in the real world :tongue3:

Unicorn, yes, it's pretty much common knowledge.. As you can see, some people lack that too. :laughing9:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting ! ::)

Even I as a foreigner know that ! ;D

The guy makes one mistake thou.
Columbus didn´t discover America as the first European ... :nono:
... the Vikings did ! :read2: :thumbsup: :headbang:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
TheDane said:
Interesting ! ::)

Even I as a foreigner know that ! ;D

The guy makes one mistake thou.
Columbus didn´t discover America as the first European ... :nono:
... the Vikings did ! :read2: :thumbsup: :headbang:

How do you discover something when the land was already inhabited by Native Americans...do you ever hear someone discovered Europe?

I believe that a ship got lost and ran into it.

@texastee

Please note that I wrote ... as the first European !!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the teachers do teach knowledge, many kids are too stupid to absorb it and get some use out of their 2 brain cells.

homeschooling, yea, like that is the answer...please, don't think so.

while many DO GET benefits from it, surely NOT all kids would even come close to learning anything of value from a parent :laughing9: :laughing9:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My God! And to think I actually spent 1/3 of my life defending the rights of these people to be so stupid.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that all the Fortune 500 Company's are just clamoring over a candidate, when they they show off a diploma that looks like a 4th grade art project :laughing9:

S

Smee

FarmerChick said:
the teachers do teach knowledge, many kids are too stupid to absorb it and get some use out of their 2 brain cells.

while many DO GET benefits from it, surely NOT all kids would even come close to learning anything of value from a parent :laughing9: :laughing9:

Let's see . . . manners, respect for others (of all ages), math (tests above the 90th percentile), reading comprehension (tests in the 99th percentile - for public school students, that means she is in the top 1 percent) --- the only two subjects the the achievement tests students on. Oh, and those are NATIONAL rankings for both home school, public and private schools.

Nah, couldn't learn anything.

The difference is, the schools teach to the test . . . my wife teaches the SUBJECT. It requires that you learn the SUBJECT to pass the test, not just learn only what's on the test. For some reason, it sticks in the mind.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
FarmerChick said:

Let's see . . . manners, respect for others (of all ages), math (tests above the 90th percentile), reading comprehension (tests in the 99th percentile - for public school students, that means she is in the top 1 percent) --- the only two subjects the the achievement tests students on. Oh, and those are NATIONAL rankings for both home school, public and private schools.

Nah, couldn't learn anything.

The difference is, the schools teach to the test . . . my wife teaches the SUBJECT. It requires that you learn the SUBJECT to pass the test, not just learn only what's on the test. For some reason, it sticks in the mind.

I said some DO benefit, as your child has....but it is not the norm. most parents couldn't teach a dog to sit let alone a kid knowledge.

there are great public school students doing wonderful things out in this world, yet no one sure gives them any praise....only hear the bad stuff, but of course the bad stuff is fun to chat about as always

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
come on

farmerchick, hate to say it, but you may be right..No one cares about our fine Country's History..You do not know how bad that is tho..A house divided will never stand...That is as true today as it ever was..Once you have all these "diverse" splinter groups, you have the formula for failure..It should be mandatory for anyone coming to learn American history, and English..If they don't like that, fine, stay at home...We should teach pride in our Country again, as we used to...

rockhound, you are oh so RIGHT on all points.....

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I became a citizen of this great country many years ago, also a Viet Nam Vet and I'm not surprised at the responses of those people, I believe it goes back to the school system and the courses they teach in schools also the family up bringing. It's so sad that I know more history than many Americans do and I also proudly fly the flag at any chance I get and take it down in the evening like a lot of people don't. :'( God Bless America

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread