SQUIRREL ATTACKS

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

Local people suggest hunger is driving squirrels to extremes
Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.
Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he added.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
My brother in law likes to shoot at squirrels, he says that they shew on electrical cables.

I feel pity for the little thingys, but I would eat them too if I knew how to cook them.

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lou423 said:
My brother in law likes to shoot at squirrels, he says that they shew on electrical cables.

I feel pity for the little thingys, but I would eat them too if I knew how to cook them.
Skin them....boil pot of water drop them in and boil....strain bones ....put meat in pot add some seasoning and milk, flour and thicken to your liken and wala Squirrel gravey! Dont forget the biscuits......MMMMMmmmmmm

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Quarter them, soak in salt water (helps relieve any gamey taste), dip in milk-then flour-then beaten egg yolks-then flour again and fry in skillet w/bacon grease til golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Add a bit of flour and milk to the pan and stir till there's no lumps-makes a fine gravy.

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Quarter them, soak in salt water (helps relieve any gamey taste), dip in milk-then flour-then beaten egg yolks-then flour again and fry in skillet w/bacon grease til golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Add a bit of flour and milk to the pan and stir till there's no lumps-makes a fine gravy.
Yes did forget salt......(seasoning) 8)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 042906 013.jpg
    042906 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 042906 013.jpg
    042906 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 042906 013.jpg
    042906 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 042906 013.jpg
    042906 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 313

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
ellehciM said:
stoney56 said:
Yes did forget salt......(seasoning) 8)

ellehciM, remember there's a fair amount of salt in bacon grease but you're right about a bit of seasoning. Pepper and such.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is EVERYBODY hungry all of the sudden? ;D I'm seeing recipes everywhere! :D

I've never had squirrel gravy before, but this is the third time someone on here has mentioned it. Must be pretty good.

Me.....going squirrel hunting. ::)

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best for cooking.....Grey squirrel.....Black squirrel....Flying squirrel....Wonder do they taste the same.....hmm.... ??? ::)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A couple of days ago....stick my head out the front door to feel how hot it was....I hear this strange noise. Thought at first it was a bird. Walked out into the yard and the noise was coming from the tree. It sounded more like a CAT CRY than a bird sound. I am looking into the tree, trying to see if I see a cat when I see a head pop over the side of the tree limb...it's a SQUIRREL and making the strangest sound I ever heard. And it did sound like a CAT!!! I was kinda' nervous walking under the tree...looked like the dang thing want to jump down and attack!!! Then I find this thread about a squirrel attacking ppl...OMG!!!

Has anyone ever heard a squirrel make noises? That was a FIRST for me!!! And we have a yard full of these critters!!!! He did not look like he was hurt...after I got the pics, he scurried up higher into the tree and I could no longer find him...but he was still making that sound.

I got to thinking...maybe my neighbors RAT SNAKE was up in my tree and the squirrel was giving a warning to other squirrels. My neighbors RAT SNAKE hung out in his tree, but was found in the street. Went back later and the snake was gone...we don't know where it went. It was still alive.

Anyways...ya'll are too funny with all these pics of squirrels in body armour LMAO....

HH...Ann

Attachments

• Img_0113a.jpg
    Img_0113a.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Img_0110a.jpg
    Img_0110a.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 318

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard them screech clatter and make strange noises ususally it's when a predator is close or they are calling out to their young....

L

Lucky one

ellehciM said:
gypsyheart said:
See...you all thought it was funny back in the day .....but this is exactly what happens when Moose and squirrels interbreed....Mutant Squirrels
:D :D Oh my....I come here thinking serious and look what happens........this thing is a constant snicker....we have the critters here in our yard and I see one and laugh....my family will soon commit me for whatever reason I have for laughing at SQUIRRELS....If they only knew! :D :D :D

I know what you mean, just can't stop LOL.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
ellehciM said:
Best for cooking.....Grey squirrel.....Black squirrel....Flying squirrel....Wonder do they taste the same.....hmm.... ??? ::)

To know for sure read the ingredient label. ;)

Attachments

• 47SquirrelLabel.jpg
    47SquirrelLabel.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 287

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to the rescue at the beginning of the summer one of the kids comes n the house and says
"hey there is a squirrel in the driveway"
and I'm like
"SO"
"its a baby and i think its hurt"
so i get up and yup
a few month old squirrel is sitting in the drive
feel from the tree above landed on the garage and bounced into the drive
been happening for years now
one time i found a naked dead on on my car roof UGH
so i got a heavy leather glove picked it up by this time mom is running down the tree barking at me and walk over to the tree
it grabs on and starts barking for his mom
she comes around grabs him in his mouth and carried him all the way back up 30 feet to there little piece of the world ;D

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one !!!

Attachments

• squirrel_fountain.jpg
    squirrel_fountain.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 293
S

stefen

The Red Kettle restaurant in Idyllwild California has a menu in the restroom hallway that describes various 'Road Kill' delights for the palette...SQUISHED SQUIRREL is one of the selections ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions