The Americans by Gordon Sinclair....Please listen............

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me this isn't true................

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
sadly it is...kinda bites doesn't it.

Yes, Sir it does..The newer version of this features such things as Katrina, and the 9-11 event..

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
America WON'T accept help!...He forgot to mention that bit! :wink:

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in, I could really use some help this year..Worst I have ever seen it in Texas.....High Gas Prices, High Food prices, and NO RAIN.....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano has a point there.. How can we forget that BP oil spill debacle last year :dontknow: Several nations did reach out to lend a helping hand, equipment, and expertize and we flatly rejected it..

I guess you're not really going to be in the giving mood when you try and help and get a slap in the face :laughing7:

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thats news to me, that we did not accept Cash Donations.. Altho in defense I will say I expected BP to take care of this, as it was there fault, and not a natural disaster...What about in the past any other examples of the US refusing help??? This is not my strong suite...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the BP case, it wasn't cash, but better.. It was the vessels that actually did the cleanup, the only strings attached was that the countries that wanted to help weren't allowed to operate their own equipment. They had to turn it over to US authorities..

I'm not sure, but I am certain that other nations do tend to help us at time and these stories never make the news..

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
In the BP case, it wasn't cash, but better.. It was the vessels that actually did the cleanup, the only strings attached was that the countries that wanted to help weren't allowed to operate their own equipment. They had to turn it over to US authorities..

I'm not sure, but I am certain that other nations do tend to help us at time and these stories never make the news..

Perhaps you are right, BUT I bet the US has spent more in humanitarian aid then the next 3 Country's combined.....Don't know what that says for us...Things are not good here..BTW, I live about 1200 yards from BP................Talk about a nightmare........

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
But BP said they were "sorry". That has to count for something, right? Besides, how can you stay mad at a dapper Englishman, no matter what degree of environmental disaster he may have wrought? Why, after they forked over those billion or so Pound Sterling, their stock plummeted so far that even an uncouth yank such as myself was able to purchase some of their stock (which has now rebounded to pre-"we're sorry" levels).

As for that video, it was pure awesomeness. I now have a new respect for Canadians (that one anyway), and I may even try to learn the rules of ice hockey as a show of respect to our neighbors (and #1 trading partner) in the Great White North. Other than the folks here who live off what the Brits call the "dole", Americans neither want nor expect any outside help. If that's foolish, then oh well. Hell, we even helped out the Iranians when an earthquake collapsed a bunch of their mud huts a few years back IIRC.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Southpark for the best BP "Were sorry" joke........Glad ya liked it..

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
Dano has a point there.. How can we forget that BP oil spill debacle last year :dontknow: Several nations did reach out to lend a helping hand, equipment, and expertize and we flatly rejected it..

I guess you're not really going to be in the giving mood when you try and help and get a slap in the face :laughing7:

The local city and state governments were screaming for help. It was Obama and his administration that refused to help.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

Our gov refused help because they did not belong to a labor union :icon_scratch:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
" Other than the folks here who live off what the Brits call the "dole", Americans neither want nor expect any outside help. If that's foolish, then oh well. "

...I rest my case! The fact is America is too proud to accept help. They think they're the number 1 country in the world and as such they should be able to cope with anything themselves and not accept "charity". Fair enough...get on with it, stop whining! :dontknow:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Dano Sverige said:
The fact is America is too proud to accept help. They think they're the number 1 country in the world and as such they should be able to cope with anything themselves and not accept "charity". Fair enough...get on with it, stop whining! :dontknow:

No whining from me sir. And we are the #1 country in the world.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Ah Hombre...like the British Empire...in the past maybe! :wink:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it away ..........Ray :headbang:

Top Member Reactions