got away with it ,jury

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's the prosecutions job to prove guilt.
Lets see what they came up with- Her car stinks
- She searched the webb for chloroform many times, no
one time, Problem with new search program.

-Found the body, could not determine time or place or cause
of death.
- So they could not place accused at time of death.

I don't know how this ever went to trial or how they thought they could get the death penalty.
All you have to go by is the impressions left by the media. Would you want to be tried on that?
Do I think she did it? Yes, but I also think it was an accident. Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing with Byron De La Beckwith is different, both earlier trials ended in a hung jury so he was neither found guilty or not guilty and any trial that ends in a hung jury, the legal system has the right to put the defendent on trial again, doesn't matter if it is a year later or 40 years later.....

Unfortunately Casey was found not guilty, she wasn't found innocent, even the juror who came forward stated that.........

She can not ever be retried for that crime, but karma usually has a way of working things out in the long term... Casey will have a hard time finding peace anywhere for many years to come even with no karma........

I believe she murdered her daughter, I do not believe it was an accident..... If there was an accident she would have called 911, when you lie about what happen and despose of the body in a bag in the woods you have something to hide........

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Treasure_Hunter,

I agree with your post totally. De La Beckwith came to mind because of the number of times that he was tried for the same murder, and of course you're right about the mistrail/hung jury thing.

It's spooky to me, just the same.

Sky Pilot

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Sky Pilot said:
Treasure_Hunter,

I agree with your post totally. De La Beckwith came to mind because of the number of times that he was tried for the same murder, and of course you're right about the mistrail/hung jury thing.

It's spooky to me, just the same.

Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot,

I just recently saw the movie Ghosts of Mississippi starring James Woods as Byron De La Beckwith a pretty chilling movie that was worth watching and will definitely take you back in time . Retrojustice ....... you coined a very fitting term there . :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter ,

You said a mouthfull there about Casey finding no peace even without karma . I'd be willing to bet turmoil will start right after she is released from jail and there will be incidents involving her on a constant basis .There is no way she will be able to stay in one place too long unless she drastically alters her appearance or find some sugar daddy who hides her out in the boonies .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Treasure_hunter, you think she murdered her child! Lets look at this. Few mothers would murder their own child, oh yes, many think about it at times! Casey had options if she didn't want the child. She could have put her up for adoption. Her mother could have adopted her. There was no real reason to kill her. Then there was the x boyfriend. Was he the father? Was she collecting child care support? I don't know all the facts, but I can't see murder here. Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Treasure_hunter, you think she murdered her child! Lets look at this. Few mothers would murder their own child, oh yes, many think about it at times! Casey had options if she didn't want the child. She could have put her up for adoption. Her mother could have adopted her. There was no real reason to kill her. Then there was the x boyfriend. Was he the father? Was she collecting child care support? I don't know all the facts, but I can't see murder here. Frank

Frank,

Sounds like you may be surprised to learn that according to a 2009 report from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, that year 27.3 percent of child deaths resulting from abuse were perpetrated by the mother.....

According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42634832/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Living in Orlando, and being inundated with information about this case for the last 3 years personally there is no doubt in my mind that she did it.....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I think she gave the child a tranquilizer (probably xanax) to "put her to sleep" so to speak and it ultimately killed her (accidentally) . She then freaked out and buried the body because she was afraid of the consequences.
I know the body was found in an advanced state of decomposition.I know they tested the hair samples for drugs but I just wonder if the forensics team done a truly thorough job and done any type of forensic entomology using insects collected at the scene for toxicological analyses which is normally done in the absence of tissues and fluids normally taken for such purposes.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Treasure_hunter, I have a problem with those numbers. You said 200 women a year kill their child. You said 3 to 5 children a day are killed by their parents. Lets use the low # of 3. That's 1095 children a year killed by parents. That means men kill 895 of their children a year. You state that 27.3% of child death are caused by the mother yet the numbers above reflect only 22.3% were killed by the mother. There is a problem with your numbers! Now lets get to the important facts. How many women with children in the US are there? 200 make up what % of mothers? Also how many of those mothers had mental problems?
I don't like to play with government numbers because you can make numbers say any thing you want them to say.

"T", She was only charged with 4 lies even though they tried to charge more! I realize she is a pathological lire. Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Treasure_hunter, I have a problem with those numbers. You said 200 women a year kill their child. You said 3 to 5 children a day are killed by their parents. Lets use the low # of 3. That's 1095 children a year killed by parents. That means men kill 895 of their children a year. You state that 27.3% of child death are caused by the mother yet the numbers above reflect only 22.3% were killed by the mother. There is a problem with your numbers! Now lets get to the important facts. How many women with children in the US are there? 200 make up what % of mothers? Also how many of those mothers had mental problems?
I don't like to play with government numbers because you can make numbers say any thing you want them to say.

"T", She was only charged with 4 lies even though they tried to charge more! I realize she is a pathological lire. Frank

Frank, I think the problem is your using the number 200 to mean 200 children were killed by their mother, the reports state average 200 WOMEN killed their children each year, it's not one child per mother, most times it was multiple children per mother... I can think of several cases of multiple deaths by mothers right off hand this year, and that is without trying.......

Lashanda Armstrong drove her minivan into the frigid Hudson River killing herself and three of her children. (Her oldest son swam to safety)

Another mother here in Florida killed her 2 teenage kids by gun shoot, claiming they didn't respect her....

OP
OP
KEYSHUNTER

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
someone was there when she passed?? drowned?? in the world today its hard to piss in your own yard with out looking over the fence first...

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Before I say any thing...a little girl died.

If it was an accident, OK...if it was a murder...the state didn't prove it. I have two daughters that I love very much and if something happened to one of them I would go nuts! This little girl had no one to go nuts for her. No Dad, not really a Mom and iffy grand parents.

We will never know what happened...sorry but that's the way it is!

A little girl died! It's not worth the fame everyone is trying to achieve from it!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what I do not get is what kind of parent has a child "accidently" drown but then covers it up ?-- (mistakes do happen , children can get out the door while moms sleep and drown in a pool -sad but true ) but why cover up a "simple accident " by hiding the body ? --that makes NO SENSE*

also another thing that MAKES NO SENSE * casey says her dad was a "molester" -that he molested her --if so #1 why did she not report it , or #2 at the very least move out of the home once she was "of age" and legally able to live on her own --I mean who willingly lives with their molester?

#3 if her dad was indeed a "molester" as her atty claimed , the only way THE ATTY would have known that to bring it up is if she told her atty that.-- thus she had to have "known" it ( that the dad was a "molester") to claim it occured to her to her atty -- note *** casey left caylee with her father to baby sit her -- ** SAY WHAT??? leaving your child in the hands of a PERSON 100% SURE TO BE A "known ' CHILD MOLESTER to you --IF THAT IS NOT CHILD ENDANGERMENT / ABUSE/ NEGLECT --WHAT IS? sorry but theres no way I can see any parent who gives a damn at all for their child , leaving them like that in the hands of a "known" to them molester --only a person who cares not at all for a child would do that -- here take this "snot nosed brat' -so I can go party & live "the beautiful life" --of a boozing scank party toy. ---thats my read of it if indeed her story is true --which I strongly doubt it is -- suprized she told her "real name" cuz it seems to me the girl can do nothing but lie,lie,lie ,lie

her lies and misinformation bought her the time needed to let the poor childs body not to be found with "flesh upon it"--flesh that would have maybe helped the state prove the actual cause of death * --thus her lies caused a "obstruction of justice" by preventing proper lab work from being done on the "remains"--if she had told the truth , the body -whould have been found sooner --no 2 ways about it.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cases shouldn't be tried in the media or forum boards for that matter. The jury had all the informatin presented and to say they made the wrong decision is ludicrous.

BTW- who here hasn't lied to an officer? Do you know how fast you were going? Had anything to drink tonight?

Move on.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There wasn't this much hoopla when O.J. was found innocent of his ex wife and her friend. I wonder why? We all know he was guilty too. Is it because this involves the murder of a child? A life is a life, whether they are 30 months old or 30 years old. I'm sick of the whole thing myself. We all know the legal system in this country is far from perfect. If you don't believe that, then your living under a rock. There are plenty of innocent people in prison just as there are plenty of guitly ones running free. That's life, it always will be. She'll meet her maker one day, then she will be truly judged.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Most of the comments here are telling me that she was guilty, so I imagine she probably is. :dontknow:
But she still has to go before another judge. The Judge. And He knows all and sees all.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lie to a cop? How about cops lieing! It was in Weithe Co. Va. The Co. cop was on the median strip. I was driving my motorhome in the right hand lane behind a tractor trailer with another behind me. Cars were shooting past me in the left hand lane. He pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket. I worked in electronics, so I know there is no way that his radar was picking up my motorhome. He was picking up the cars passing me. Cost me a couple hundred and left a bad taste in my mouth for Va. County cops. Times have changed and not for the best. Back in the 50's I got a flat tire on that same road, before it was an interstate. A Va. State Trooper pulled over and offered to help me change it. Maybe that good old days saying is true. Frank

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Va State Police and DOT are pretty much '-ickheads' . More so in Wythe County and other parts of southwest Va .
Most of the sheriff deputies are more accomodating . Their boss's job depends on the voting public .
The courts in Wythe County will seldom take the side of a 'tourist' .

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
dirt doctor said:
Sky Pilot,
I just recently saw the movie Ghosts of Mississippi starring James Woods as Byron De La Beckwith a pretty chilling movie that was worth watching and will definitely take you back in time . Retrojustice ....... you coined a very fitting term there . :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Dirt Doctor, I'm pleased that you think so! :icon_thumright:

I agree with you, that Ghosts of Mississippi movie was pretty chilling for sure! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Sky Pilot

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
If I was Casey Anthony I would sue everyone who has said a defamatory remark about me since I was acquitted by a jury of my peers. They didn't prove squat!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
If I was Casey Anthony I would sue everyone who has said a defamatory remark about me since I was acquitted by a jury of my peers. They didn't prove squat!!!

She would never do that, although I wish she would, that sorry excuse of a mother is incapable of telling the truth, she would be sworn in and required to testify in open court, there is no 5th amendment she can claim since she has been found not guilty, by a jury of idiots....They would nail her lying butt to the wall for perjury.........

Told the police her nanny had her, she never had a nanny...
Told the police she talked to Callie over 30 days after she went missing.
Told the police she worked at Disney, was never employed there, never had a job.
Told the police she would take them to the Nanny's home, but then could not find it. (because there was no nanny)
Never reported her daughter missing or dead.
Was out partying at the bars in several different cities while her daughter was missing up until the police started asking her questions.
Everyone knows when your child is missing or if you believe her lie she drown, you go out partying and dancing at the bars on a nightly routine laughing and living it up.......

That jury of 12 idiots could not connect 12 dots on a blank piece of paper......

She is currently being sued by the nanny, by the organisation that was hired to look for Callie for the cost of their multiple searches based on lies CASEY told, and the state is looking to sue to get the money back wasted on tracing down the lies she told......

I hope she does get on the witness stand in a lawsuit...........Her lying butt will go to prision for perjury, she would not make it through the first week if she ever ends up in prision...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions