got away with it ,jury

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the state needs to tread very carefully. In reality, "by a jury's decision", they held an innocent person against their will for three years. The civil matter is acceptible, even expected, but they need to be very carefull what they do from here on out. Too many people are allowing their person feelings to take hold of them. She was found innocent, so unless you are 100% certain you can nail her for something else........"let it go until you are 100% certain." If the state learned anything, they should certainly understand now that in order to convict someone of a capital crime "you need proof",...they had none. If they keep after her on the same basis of, or lack of evidence, they could end up being found guilty in the end. Let it go, move on until you have the dagger to get the job done.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
I think the state needs to tread very carefully. In reality, "by a jury's decision", they held an innocent person against their will for three years. The civil matter is acceptible, even expected, but they need to be very carefull what they do from here on out. Too many people are allowing their person feelings to take hold of them. She was found innocent, so unless you are 100% certain you can nail her for something else........"let it go until you are 100% certain." If the state learned anything, they should certainly understand now that in order to convict someone of a capital crime "you need proof",...they had none. If they keep after her on the same basis of, or lack of evidence, they could end up being found guilty in the end. Let it go, move on until you have the dagger to get the job done.

great advice....looks like they are saying now she is just too unstable to press on Zanny the Nanny....till October.

Nanny has hired one of the top lawyers in the state of Florida, Morgan and Morgan....He is pressing to take her deposition ASAP........He wants to take it before she is released...... He has told the judge she will flee the country if he dosn't get it now.....

I don't care where she goes she will be hounded, people are going to search for her....... If I had to chose to leave my kids with OJ Simpson or Casey, I would leave them with OJ in a heartbeat......The witch deserves to get hers one day....

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The jury did not find her INNOCENT . They rendered a NOT GUILTY verdict . There is quite a difference between the two .

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
The jury did not find her INNOCENT . They rendered a NOT GUILTY verdict . There is quite a difference between the two .

No.... :laughing7:.....in a court of law it's either innocent or guilty, there is no legal difference at all. "Not guilty" is "innocent". You're either innocent or guilty of the charges against you. They didn't/couldn't even find her guilty of the lesser murder charge. Personally, I "suspect" she's guilty as sin, but since there is/was no way to prove it, she walks.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I was listening to a call-in radio show when a woman stated she would beat Casey's head in w/ a bat. Oh, but she went on to say she wouldn't use a gun, that would be too barbaric. AND THEN said that she was positive a jury would let her go free...well you know, because casey deserves it.

"regular ole" people scare me :help: What's wrong with society?????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
I was listening to a call-in radio show when a woman stated she would beat Casey's head in w/ a bat. Oh, but she went on to say she wouldn't use a gun, that would be too barbaric. AND THEN said that she was positive a jury would let her go free...well you know, because casey deserves it.

If she got a jury with the same low mentality Casey had she probably would....She could always claim Casey's head trama was from the pool, where she repeatedly fell in while swimming one day.....

Now one can always use the "Casey Defense" method, basically buffle them with absurb bs...... There is less evidence Cayle drowned that there is for the murder she committed.....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally I didn't pay too much attention to the case. But with what little I did hear and read I'd have to agree with most comments here. I think the prosecution did a terrible job but then this happens all the time on both sides of the fence. Actually as stated the jury really had no other choice but I think it's rather obvious many of them believed she did it.

Now she's been whisked away to parts unknown. We'll all watch for her to re-appear someday on the Late Show.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

good question.

K

Kentucky Kache

texastee2007 said:
The car stunk of decomp and had a hair of Caylee's in it....decomposed and consistent with Caylee being dead when placed in the car...

There are many men in prison today on far less evidence.

K

Kentucky Kache

texastee2007 said:
do you think the jury got to hear mom wanted to put her up for adoption?

I just think there were/are too many who want certain people in our society to be elevated above certain others. I'll just say that had it been a man, he would now be awaiting his date of execution. Evidence means nothing when you can walk free after drowning your children in a bathtub.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this case presented some other big issues that need to be seriously addressed:
A) No more film crews in the court room.
B) No more profiteering from jury duty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions