OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raining here today, rain in the forecast, .....but I'm getting dialed in! Heheheee....... :thumbsup:
Check list:
cooler
snacks
drinks
scoop
detector
extra batteries
sun screen
camera
sun glasses
hat
wading shoes
condoms (Get your mind out the gutter! I'm a professional! They're just for holding quarters. :laughing7:)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigscoop said:
Raining here today, rain in the forecast, .....but I'm getting dialed in! Heheheee....... :thumbsup:
Check list:
cooler
snacks
drinks
scoop
detector
extra batteries
sun screen
camera
sun glasses
hat
wading shoes
condoms (Get your mind out the gutter! I'm a professional! There just for holding quarters. :laughing7:)

ROFLMBO YEAH!!!! Can't wait to see what you find when you go out!!!! Did you see me cheering you on, it was hard to jump with my cane, so I had my son doing the moves to my cheer!!!! LOL :hello2: Red Oh, one more picture for encouragement, we found this one about 2 weeks ago, 18 carat gold with diamonds, rubies, saphires and emeralds!!!! :hello2:

Attachments

• Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
bigscoop said:
Check list:
cooler
snacks
drinks
scoop
detector
extra batteries
sun screen
camera
sun glasses
hat
wading shoes
condoms (Get your mind out the gutter! I'm a professional! There just for holding quarters. :laughing7:)

ROFLMBO YEAH!!!! Can't wait to see what you find when you go out!!!! Did you see me cheering you on, it was hard to jump with my cane, so I had my son doing the moves to my cheer!!!! LOL :hello2: Red Oh, one more picture for encouragement, we found this one about 2 weeks ago, 18 carat gold with diamonds, rubies, saphires and emeralds!!!! :hello2:

Yes I did! THANKS for the pics and encouragment! My expectations are boiling over! :thumbsup:
"I'm smell'n old spanish gold!" Arg! :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigscoop said:
Chug and Red said:
bigscoop said:
Check list:
cooler
snacks
drinks
scoop
detector
extra batteries
sun screen
camera
sun glasses
hat
wading shoes

Yes I did! THANKS for the pics and encouragment! My expectations are boiling over! :thumbsup:
"I'm smell'n old spanish gold!" Arg! :laughing7:

:hello2: YEAH!!!! I know your going to find some great stuff, can't wait to see your post!!!! "Now, git er done" and find the goodies!!!!! :hello2: :headbang: Red

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
bigscoop said:
Folks, I need some serious motivation,

"Most of the fun in metal detecting comes from the adventure itself!"

seem to me some one has this Quote under their picture, but who :icon_scratch:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MOTIVATION 78%

MOTIVATION 85%

MOTIVATION 98%

MOTIVATION 99%

MOTIVATION 100% COMPLETE

BIGSCOOP CHARGED..........................

Now get to that beach...March...march....april....may :laughing9:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoooohoooo! :headbang: I be fully charged and ready to go and I'm ready for action! :headbang: Whoooohoooo!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
Whoooohoooo! :headbang: I be fully charged and ready to go and I'm ready for action! :headbang: Whoooohoooo!

Do you have a big picture of your avatar...it is really interesting.

Somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go.

Attachments

• tnet1.jpg
    tnet1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 166
  • tnet2.jpg
    tnet2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 162
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tee...there was a story on the piece in the May 2000 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures, page 63, "Found, Researched, And Understood". The piece was actually found by my mother while she was taking a morning walk on the beach after a storm, and she eventually got a Best Finds for it, which she is quite proud of. It took me about a year to track all the information down about the piece so I could write the article and submit her find. Not sure if that article can be accessed now? Anyway, mom had it tucked away in a drawer, not even realizing or much caring what it actually was. Then one day I was over at the parents after a treasure hunting trip and I was showing them some of the cool stuff I had found and mom came walking back into the room with this piece in her hand. I didn't even know she had it until that day and when she showed it to me, (a few years after she found it) it was so black you couldn't make the detail out, so I spent about a month cleaning it in a special bath. It is an amazing piece and the history of the item is extremely interesting. Mom, realizing how attached I had become to the piece, eventually gave it to me so I could add it my collection of world conquest goodies. It is my favorite piece, stunning in all it's detail, and I have never seen another one like in this good of condition.....truly a rare find and an exceptional piece. But don't get me started as I fear my serious treasure hunting side will be exsposed. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
tee...there was a story on the piece in the May 2000 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures, page 63, "Found, Researched, And Understood". The piece was actually found by my mother while she was taking a morning walk on the beach after a storm, and she eventually got a Best Finds for it, which she is quite proud of. It took me about a year to track all the information down about the piece so I could write the article and submit her find. Not sure if that article can be accessed now? Anyway, mom had it tucked away in a drawer, not even realizing or much caring what it actually was. Then one day I was over at the parents after a treasure hunting trip and I was showing them some of the cool stuff I had found and mom came walking back into the room with this piece in her hand. I didn't even know she had it until that day and when she showed it to me, (a few years after she found it) it was so black you couldn't make the detail out, so I spent about a month cleaning it in a special bath. It is an amazing piece and the history of the item is extremely interesting. Mom, realizing how attached I had become to the piece, eventually gave it to me so I could add it my collection of world conquest goodies. It is my favorite piece, stunning in all it's detail, and I have never seen another one like in this good of condition.....truly a rare find and an exceptional piece. But don't get me started as I fear my serious treasure hunting side will be exsposed. :laughing7:

more please....there is so much going on in it.....please tell us more. Also if it was there it sure may be just the beginning of what else might be there....

Way too much overburdon on the beaches right now, stuff like this is buried deep-deep-deep. Need a good storm to strip away the sand and to stir things up.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item is an ecclesiastical piece. In 1761 in Hildesten, Germany, there was a great mourning for the death of the Bishop, which is the reason for the image of the empty throne. Capitulum Hildesien is a town in the Westphalia region, where the piece was struck. “Sadas Vacans” translates to “Seat of the Vatican” and refers to any coinage issued during the interregnum between the death of one ecclesiastical ruler and the next.
There are 32 icons on the item, or seals, 16 to each side, and these were in reference to the 32 provinces over which the lost ecclesiastical ruler had control. Because of the church’s control over these provinces, and others as well, the absence of a ruler caused great distress and famine. (There are many other religious symbols on the item as well, Madonna and Child, Sacred Heart, Royal Crown, etc.)

In 1763 (this is from memory so I might be off a year) Dr. Andrew Turnbull sailed to the bay of Minorca in the Baltic Sea, and by way of promise of a better land and a better way of life he recruited, I believe it was about 1100 settlers who were experiencing the conditions of the previously mentioned famine. From here Dr. Turnbull eventually arrived at New Smyrna Beach where he established his now famous colony. So, it appears that the piece my mother found probably found its way to this country aboard one of Turnbull’s seven ships, whose names I can’t recall right off hand. And that’s pretty much the basic history and story behind the piece.

Now, enough of this....before people start suspecting that I might have a serious side! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I think "burnout" has had a lot to do with me not being motivated in recent months. Sometimes you just have to take an extended break and get away from it (or whatever) for a while. When it becomes to much like work, and it is treated like a job, then it's not quite so fun and enjoyable anymore. You just reach a point where you need a long break. But, now I think I can safely say............."Breaks Over!" :headbang: :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Thank you for the story, I love it, that peice is simply gorgeous, and well worth hanging onto!!!! It would look beautiful in a frame, the detail is amazing, especially for how old it is!!! Thank you for sharing, you really made my day!!! :hello2: Now, hopefully it isn't raining so that you can get out!!! :laughing7: Red :hello:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like to think of the possibility of a topless young lady that is near the water, just thinking that could happen. :headbang:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DevilDog812 said:
does this motivate you more?
GulfofMexicoWreckMap.jpg

each dot is a known ship wreck :icon_thumright:

That's an amazing picture! :thumbsup: What do the different dot colors mean?

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
bigscoop said:
DevilDog812 said:
does this motivate you more?
GulfofMexicoWreckMap.jpg

each dot is a known ship wreck :icon_thumright:

That's an amazing picture! :thumbsup: What do the different dot colors mean?

no idea lol. the site i took it from didnt say
the only thing i can come up with is one color is sunk and the other is damaged. (german u-boats)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of ships! Probably a lot of treasure out there too! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread