Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
short inspirational story I liked---thought you might like it to brighten up your day! :)

---------------------------
So it was I who took the old dog out, waited patiently for it to do its thing and then slowly walked it back inside again.

And always, without exception, before I managed to get back indoors the neighbor's door opened. And so it was this morning also. The dog was just too old to move fast enough for us to get in before the chirpy neighbor appeared. Besides, I was certain he was waiting for us to return because every single morning he appeared. The thought of a cuckoo clock came to mind...

- Ah! The top of the morning! his voice greeted me,- A brand new day!
-...morning... I sighed.

He walked to get his newspaper, the dog stopped as always to wag his tail, and the neighbor, as always, took his time greeting the dog. They had a liking to each other, unfortunately. Now I wouldn't have minded it in the afternoon, but in the mornings I just wanted to crawl back to the cave I came from. At home they at least understood not to demand an answer from me before I had gulped down a big mug of strong coffee.

This morning he was humming a cheery song. "Oh what a beautiful morning" from the musical Oklahoma. That was too much.

- Aren't you a cheery person! I heard myself say in a tone of voice that would have made my mother shush at me.

- Oh yes! He gave the dog a last pat and stood up, - And for a good reason, too!

- What's that? I asked, almost smelling the coffee through the open kitchen window.

- Well you see I have a great adventure ahead of me! he said.

- Really? Where are you going? I asked, trying not to sound too hopeful. Perhaps he had booked a trip around the world with a bicycle...

- Into this brand new day! It's something I've never experienced before! he smiled, - What could be more exciting than that?

--------------------------------

I often wonder, do people really meet their days in this fashion?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there may be a few people like that, but very few and far between for sure.

Now if that dog owner was smart, he would have installed one of those doggie doors a long time ago. This way the dog could take care of business when he needed to. :headbang:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL yea I can easily find ways to avoid neighbors...duh, simple actually

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We can set ourselves up for a round of negative emotions when we have either good or bad expectations. It's best to have none, but that kind of takes the fun out of certain aspects of living. Corollary: The heights of joy one can attain are proportional to the depths of sorrow one has plumbed. It's all relative.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beep, I concur ( Not that it means anything ) :laughing7:

Most people are so lucky, never having been so far down in life, they have to look up, to look down. :laughing7:

What makes them survive is a sense of humor, and just hoping for the best. It may come :dontknow:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
The problem with those 'Doggie doors, is that being able to let the dog in or our as he
wants, they also let critters in to your house. That can create lots of unwanted excitement. :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S S, you are looking at it all wrong...

It's those unexpected moments that will give you stories for years to come :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I guess I am Lucky. I only have one neighbors house that I can see about 100 yds. away and the hedge and bamboo are growing nicely. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions