wasp spray

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Here is something that ya all might find interesting and might be of good use for ya

I know some of you own GUNS but this is something to think about...---

If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't.
I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray- A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection..
She asked the local police department about using pepper spray
and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you.

The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people
like a can of pepper spray would.
She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection.
Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in
Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School
.. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray.
The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray
the culprit in the eyes".
It's a tip he's given to students for decades.
It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection,
Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life..

Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life.

Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp.!!!!

It will also work with mean dogs. Just spray some on their fur, they will automatically turn to sniff it in order to figure out what has been done to them.
One sniff and they leave town.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Thanks for reminding me, Chug is allergic to bees so we need to get some!!!! :icon_thumright: We have also heard of this trick. We also carry a very wicked looking digger, thanks to AP, we went to the nearby school yard a couple of nights ago, and ran into a group of teens looking for trouble. I heard them talking about grabbing our detector and probe, told Chug and he whipped out the digger, making sure the sunlight hit the sharp edges nicely, they saw it and went in the other direction. What is this world coming to? ??? Red

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Het Frank, I know this Guy who could wave a piece of Jerky under your nose..And mebbie make you sit up, beg, rollover, and mebbie a few more tricks... :laughing7:

Just Pickin buddy...How the Heck yuh been...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Best thing about the spray is nobody would be expecting it!!!! :icon_thumright: Red

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I used to work for the sheriff's dept I recommend wasp spray in place of pepper spray. One time we were trying to subdue a guy. He was pepper sprayed so much it was running off of him like water. Later he told us he learned in prison he learned how to have it not affect him by relaxing so his pores wouldn't open up. Now when he showered he was yelling like crazy. Pepper spray can subside in time but wasp spray you must seek medical help. I highly recommend it because you don't have to get close to your attacker.

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats crazy, A man from Colorado teaches me this and Sylvania /Toledo is the next town over from me. Guess we need some sort of information page for our area. Very cool post. gonna let my mother and sister know to get some wasp spray.
Thanks,

triplehooked

Jul 21, 2010
Elmdale, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Currently back to a Vx3 withe D2 coil ti'l I can save for the V3i. Previous detectors include: Cz3d, CZ20, Vx3, Explorer SE Pro, XLT, MXTx2, Classic ID, Vaquero, Cibola, F2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the bees knees man..... :laughing7: Good post!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Chug & Red. Your answer is the quick and the dead.

I still prefer my glock. More range and they have go to the morgue. Frank

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will it work on others besides WASPS ( White Anglo Saxon Protestants ) :tongue3: :laughing7:

Good idea though :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Frank1960

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
poorhunter78 said:
Het Frank, I know this Guy who could wave a piece of Jerky under your nose..And mebbie make you sit up, beg, rollover, and mebbie a few more tricks... :laughing7:

Heck for good jerky I still will LOL

The seniors have been keeping me busy with yard work. Did some detecting Wednesday at a railroad museum and found a lot of junk but also found two different spikes that I gave to the museum. Also found a whole .97 cents at a ball park. How about yourself?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Heck for good jerky I still will LOL

The seniors have been keeping me busy with yard work. Did some detecting Wednesday at a railroad museum and found a lot of junk but also found two different spikes that I gave to the museum. Also found a whole .97 cents at a ball park. How about yourself?
I'm gonna open a museum for pull tabs and rusty nails.... :laughing7:

Reckon if I keep pilin em up, I might get enuff to buy a 12 pack some day.... :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:

What's it like to shoot and kill someone? They go to the morgue, but, don't you go to prison? Gimme some of that wasp spray.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Fistfulladirt, I have never killed anyone and is obvious I have never been killed. But when it gets down to him or me, I fall back on what my daddy told me. It is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I have seen some bad people in my life that I know didn't care diddle about my life!
My next farm over neighbor is a state trooper. He told me to make sure the body was in the house when the law arrived. And just remember, his gun will shoot much further than your spray can and he can still shoot after you spray him. I made expert in the Army so when I shoot there will be no return fire. I am not much for false security. That's why I have lived this long. Frank

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
fistfulladirt said:
Frankn said:

What's it like to shoot and kill someone? They go to the morgue, but, don't you go to prison? Gimme some of that wasp spray.
Rather gauche question .
My paternal grandfather counseled me that "A gentleman does not speak of a man he has killed or a woman he has had the use of ."
My maternal grandfather held the same sentiment :
At the age of 7 I watched him kill a man , with one shot from a .38/40 Winchester , that was trying to rob his country store across the road from the house . Levered a fresh round into the Winchester and leaned it beside his bed .
"Best get back to sleep , boy ,"he said,"We'll have to clean that up in the morning ."
And he went back to bed ......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread