spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder I'm not into watching sports. I think many of the fans have actually lost it. :laughing7:

This week alone, one loses his life to grab a foul ball tossed into the stands. Very sad. Today, another fan fan catches Derek Jeter's 3000th hit and returns the ball :icon_scratch: According to an article the ball could be worth upwards to 250,000... This fan, being the nice guy he is, returns it to the Yankees with no strings attached. :dontknow:

Personally, I would have taken the payday, if Jeter wants his ball, he is more than welcome to bid too :laughing9:

I think I'll just stay clear of sporting events, I'd be afraid of the people around me :tongue3:

If you have gone to any game, what is the strangest thing you witnessed :help:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Seems to me like Jetter wanted to get that ball as far away from him as possible? Last thing he needs is it to come back...right?
"Hello Ebay"! :hello:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got that right, Spart. It's nuts! People carrying on as if it all effects their own personal lives in some way. It's crazy. Maybe they'll start drafting fans someday, keep stats on them, have collector cards, a hall of fame, all this eventually leading up to huge contracts and endorsements. :laughing7: I think we have a new business idea here......or maybe a new reality TV show! :sign13:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, I think you may be on to something big here.. "Sports Fans", the reality show.. I'm sure with an idea this novel TRU-TV will be all over it :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

Each week we can follow in the steps of the super fan, from the team fanatic who refuses to miss a game, to the teams self appointed mascot. The possibilities are almost endless and picking up sponsors would be the least of there worries.

Once this program aired, all sporting events will be more interesting to view the stand, than it would be to watch the game. Everyone in attendance will be more interested to see hoe they too, can become part of the series. Fans will get sillier and nutty in hopes of that TV paycheck :laughing7:

We have to save this post. If TRU-TV does come up with the series we deserve a cut on the profits.

I am off to get a copyright on this thread now, and we can collect later :thumbsup: :laughing9:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Brilliant idea guys and how's this for an added incentive? ....... Have a drawing after every game where some fan gets a chance to win the star of the game's athletic supporter.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt doctor, not a bad idea, but poor TV.. Let's use your idea and have the winner of the drawing win a dinner with the player of their choice. :laughing7: Could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be for a player to spend any amount of time with a fan, especially over a meal.. Can you say, "Check please." :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt doctor, I wish I could take full credit for it, but it was your initial thought of that lottery. :icon_thumleft:

I am just lucky enough to see a good idea and hopefully enhance a bit. :tongue3: Point is, I am betting there is a market for this too, just like everything else in life.

Just like that famous line from "Field of Dreams", "Build it, they will come." :laughing9:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Just think this could catch and become a real money maker and perhaps so much so that the US could pay off its creditors . Expanding into soccer would almost guarantee it to be a worldwide phenomenom . It could also replace wars ( oh , I forgot Rollerball will have that covered) .

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crack me up, guys! :laughing7:

I vote for audiance participation kinda thing. Maybe for a few plays, have an audiance member, be default player,
all gotta take their lumps! :laughing7:

Like price is Right, Come' On Down! Basketball won't kill ya, if you only 4'9", get on in there!
(well that's what they always told me) >:(

Oh, btw, I patronize no sports, in any way, what so ever. Them sports players all got enough money.
They don't need mine! Thank you.
I support service men/women, police, fireman, teachers, and social workers, you know: REAL HEROES!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only athletic thing I'm in support of is the "athletic supporter" itself :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with supporting a team...in moderation.

why is everything so damn overdone....why can't it ever just be normal? the die hards are a great thing to poke fun at and laugh and make money on that reality show HAHA

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously....I think you should pitch this to producers Spart.....the possibilities are endless! And, it would actually be fun to watch! Pick a sport, any sport...........and they all have extreme fans. A netwrok would be crazy to turn this down! Just look at all the product sponsorships now........if it's big, it's advertised during sports and by sports, "stars". :thumbsup: Seriously....pitch it. What have you got to lose? Just toss me some leftovers.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, no kidding, I may just try it.. Beats most things on the tube now away. Sure it could use a little fine tuning and a tweak, here and there... That's why these shows have ghostwriter's

I'll have to watch some of the stranger shows and catch the producers names :laughing9:

Man, I wish Merv Griffin were still around, he ran a ton of successful game shows and would be on this in a heartbeat. :laughing7:

P.S. Not to worry if this show does come to fruition, I won't go Hollywood on all of you ;D

Then again, I probably will :tongue3:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Hollywood Spart...I can see it now :hello2:

and think of all the free beer from those sponsors. one heck of a BBQ you could throw or of course, a superbowl party :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Spart, BBQ, BEER.....Hows about a Free shopping spree at some Gold Reserve....It will be only what I can carry.... :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread