OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Bigscoop, I have always wondered, after spending all this time on research, why don't the authors of these tales go out and get the treasure, or is that the last chapter? Frank

In the case of this possible treasure, assuming you knew exactly where this treasure was at, and I mean "exactly" with conclusive proof in hand, the next hurdle would be gaining access to the property with permission to conduct an excavation, which due to certain circumstances, in all likelihood would probably be next to impossible. But let's say you had all these things, then comes cost, because you would be nuts to try to excavate this treasure or transport it without a secure means of doing so. And, then comes all the legal issues and fighting, which honestly, would cost millions over a long period of years. So even if you found this particular treasure, you would probably never see any of it. By a legal right of argument, that money belonged to the names in C3, whose descendents would have to be weeded out, a very long process that would have to be conducted until "all possibilities" have been played out in the courts, including any counterclaims, to which there would be many. And this isn't including any state and federal claims that might end up being attached to the find. In truth, this would likely end up being one of those great discoveries that would benefit everyone but the finder, at least in his lifetime.

K

Kentucky Kache

bigscoop said:
In the case of this possible treasure, assuming you knew exactly where this treasure was at, and I mean "exactly" with conclusive proof in hand, the next hurdle would be gaining access to the property with permission to conduct an excavation, which due to certain circumstances, in all likelihood would probably be next to impossible. But let's say you had all these things, then comes cost, because you would be nuts to try to excavate this treasure or transport it without a secure means of doing so. And, then comes all the legal issues and fighting, which honestly, would cost millions over a long period of years. So even if you found this particular treasure, you would probably never see any of it. By a legal right of argument, that money belonged to the names in C3, whose descendents would have to be weeded out, a very long process that would have to be conducted until "all possibilities" have been played out in the courts, including any counterclaims, to which there would be many. And this isn't including any state and federal claims that might end up being attached to the find. In truth, this would likely end up being one of those great discoveries that would benefit everyone but the finder, at least in his lifetime.

Absolutely. But man, think of what high demand you'd suddenly be in as a treasure hunter. If anyone here finds this, I want to be your sidekick. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a treasure hunter is better off looking for those smaller caches. For the most part, big treasure hunting is becoming more and more, "for & by official purposes only". Sad but true. So I think part of Frank's question can be answered in that last statement. Researching a legend is one thing, while going after it in most cases isn't even possible without risking serious legal complications, and/or, consequences. Today, you'd need a team of lawyers in place with an defense already in place before you ever turned over the first grain of dirt. :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

bigscoop said:
I think a treasure hunter is better off looking for those smaller caches. For the most part, big treasure hunting is becoming more and more, "for & by official purposes only". Sad but true. So I think part of Frank's question can be answered in that last statement. Researching a legend is one thing, while going after it in most cases isn't even possible without risking serious legal complications, and/or, consequences. Today, you'd need a team of lawyers in place with an defense already in place before you ever turned over the first grain of dirt. :laughing7:

Yes, the smaller caches are the one's to go for, and even then you have to do a lot of weeding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread