• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 354

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I've moved all over the states during my childhood... and for some reason this looks very familiar to me. I'm guessing near the upper boarder because of the snow. Probably somewhere that caters to the wild... like Montana or Washington. But, maybe, just maybe in yellowstone park. There is a twig (weed) in the background that has had a chance to grow, so winter snow is probably not the norm in this area, yet, the snow is dirty, which tells me that the local roads nearby are not paved. Also, the bench you're sitting on looks to be wood. Again, probably not a very snowy area, usually. Also, you have a ring on, so you're probably on vacation with the other half.... probably to a place for tourists and vacationers.... I'm going to guess yellow stone.

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Close. Somebody will know the town. No cheating here. My camera is encrypted. Always false long and lat.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
lostlake88 said:
Close. Somebody will know the town. No cheating here. My camera is encrypted. Always false long and lat.

Ah... you said "town" versus "State"... that tells me that we are correct in the state (maybe). Also, was any of my initial clues that I found in your photo correct?

"the game is afoot"/.

o.k..... again, the 'twig' in the background (over your right shoulder) tells me that winter is not the norm... and the 'bear' hints at a state that is proud of it's wildlife. You will only get that in the upper north west. Washinton/montana/n.dakota area, and with that 'twig', I'm guessing just a little further down, so not quite on the border, but a state lower than those, that doesn't have a lot of paved roads near their tourist attraction that you're at. Surely on the left side of the country, but not in the upper border states.. Do you have any photo's of the native trees? California has a bear on the flag... but the state remains pretty warm because of the rockies, so east of California. Nevada is too warm and dry because of the rockies. Wyoming still has a lot of forrest land, and Colorado doesn't' have a lot of bears. My next guess is Wyoming. Not Idaho because they are a 'tree' state (but it's still possible). Jacksonville Wyoming. ??? (or possible the park "Thunder Basin grassland" in Wyoming. A state park). OR, challis national forrest in Idaho(that's probably a little too far north for weed to grow that tall)? It has to be at least near a state park/forrest. AND, it probably has dirt roads "cleachy gravel road" because of the dirty snow. So again, it's a park area not anywhere near a major city.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that somewhere before too - cannot place it though.

Uh, MikeofAustin,

Thunder Basin grassland is not a state park, and I think you mean Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Beth

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Park City, Utah

Franz the bear ;D
my sister sent me a postcard from there when she traveled with her friends

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
DevilDog812 said:
Park City, Utah

Franz the bear ;D

Good find. I found it now too thanks to you. You win the dime. I knew I was in the correct vicinity!!! I'm now looking at the map... indeed... I got very close.

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
mrs.oroblanco said:
I've seen that somewhere before too - cannot place it though.

Uh, MikeofAustin,

Thunder Basin grassland is not a state park, and I think you mean Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Beth
[/quot

You win! Wow that didn't take too long. Good job. Its up to you if you want send me your address so you can get your silver dime, private of course.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
DevilDog812 said:
Park City, Utah

Franz the bear ;D
I knew ive seen it before! :laughing9: i go out there every spring to go skiing :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread