Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Don in SJ said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
aa battery said:
montepollock said:
Agreed,I also miss the chat room.
some of us go to "adventures with Jim"to chat,but Iv,e lost touch with a lot of folks here.
I,v e been chatting on tnet for 6 years now,and it was as much a part of My life as the 10:00 news.
HH,Mont
we lost alot of great hunters here. wat can i say.

Chat Room is still here, it is a feature of Charter Membership is all, still there to use.............

Chat Room for Charter members only flopped before and has flopped again, I said this before, having Chat room for all actually helps get more Charter members, by those who are Charter members encouraging those who come on Chat to become Charter members. That is how I decided to become a Charter member several years ago, but with it open only to Charter, it is a dead Chat room, was before and is now.

Don

Charter membership is acutally up 10 % since chat was changed to be a charter member feature so I don't think moving it to CM has slowed down charter memberships....... If regular members want to use chat they only need to become a charter member to use that feature..........
I wuz a Charter member and some nice person paid for it. To this day i dont know the second year bit the 1st wuz Montana Jim :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Chug and Red probably. Though i know of others who play the "sudden secret membership payment" game, lol.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Frank, good luck on your move!

As far as CHAT, I doubt very much that membership increased becuase CHAT is open to only Charter members, in fact, I seriously considered not renewing being a Charter member due CHAT being down most of the time this Spring and being only for Charter members only. Perhaps Charter membership would increase even more if Chat was open to all!

Like I said, I joined thanks to talking to other Charter members on Chat and I have contributed to convincing others to join like I did, over the years. CHAT is dead when it is open only to Charter members, thus sending people elsewhere, like Facebook for talking, which means they are spending less time on TNet. I personally know there are many out there on this forum who agree that Chat should be open to all, not just Charter, but Marc can do what he wants, so be it I reckon.

Don

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
HI Frank, good luck on your move!

As far as CHAT, I doubt very much that membership increased because CHAT is open to only Charter members, in fact, I seriously considered not renewing being a Charter member due CHAT being down most of the time this Spring and being only for Charter members only. Perhaps Charter membership would increase even more if Chat was open to all!

Like I said, I joined thanks to talking to other Charter members on Chat and I have contributed to convincing others to join like I did, over the years. CHAT is dead when it is open only to Charter members, thus sending people elsewhere, like Facebook for talking, which means they are spending less time on TNet. I personally know there are many out there on this forum who agree that Chat should be open to all, not just Charter, but Marc can do what he wants, so be it I reckon.

Don

Don,

What I said is membership is up since chat was moved to CM, I did not say it was up because chat was moved...Members can chat, they just have to become a CM is all, just like they can sell if they are a CM.

I have actively been recruiting CM's for a long time, I have also kept track of CM numbers since the "Rubber Room" was closed and chat was moved to CM....

Some members were saying CM numbers would really drop because the rubber room was closed so I decided to track them in stats... We have 38 more new Charter members since rubber room was closed and chat was moved to CM....

Even more than that really since Marc refunded a couple members who were angry when Marc closed the rubber room on a Website he owns....I told Marc I would recruit a new member for each member that quit over the closing of the Rubber Room and I did. I have given CM's to some and recruited others, as well as used my Paypal for members who wanted to join but did not want to use paypal or a CC on line.......

I do this because I completely support Treasurenet 100% and in Marc's right to run a website he owns and built from scratch the way he thinks it should be ran....

Total Charter members:

557 5/11/2011
563 5/22/2011
583 6/26/2011
595 7/22/2011

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered that the amount of Charter Memberships that will not be renewed once they expire? I'd bet there are many... since all of this happened within the last year, and a Charter Membership typically only lasts a year. That leaves a matter of months left for most. I have a feeling many people will not renew when that time comes, which would skew your statistics.

Just my .02

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Have you considered that the amount of Charter Memberships that will not be renewed once they expire? I'd bet there are many... since all of this happened within the last year, and a Charter Membership typically only lasts a year. That leaves a matter of months left for most. I have a feeling many people will not renew when that time comes, which would skew your statistics.

Just my .02

Bran <><

Charter memberships expire daily, I am saying they want, there are new members joining daily and there are those among them that recognize what a great website Treasurenet is and what you can learn from it and are willing to step up and support Treasurenet more by becoming a Charter Member........While increasing 38 members since the rubber room closed, there were memberships that expired in that time period and were not renewed and yet membership is still up 38.....

I have recruited many members and will continue to do so becasue I believe in TN and Marcs right to run it as he sees fit. ..... :icon_thumright:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
godisnum1 said:

Just my .02

Bran <><

Charter memberships expire daily, I am saying they want, there are new members joining daily and there are those among them that recognize what a great website Treasurenet is and what you can learn from it and are willing to step up and support Treasurenet more by becoming a Charter Member........While increasing 38 members since the rubber room closed, there were memberships that expired in that time period and were not renewed and yet membership is still up 38.....

I have recruited many members and will continue to do so becasue I believe in TN and Marcs right to run it as he sees fit. ..... :icon_thumright:

Well keep up the hard work... because once a bulk of the memberships that renewed at close to the same period of time (which I remember) start falling off, you may have a hard time keeping those percentages up. Just sayin...

Bran <><

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
I was a charter member the first year of charter memberships.. Unfortunately, due to personal, and business reasons I rarely get the time to go out and hunt anymore.. But I still like cruising the site and reading what others are finding, as well as exercising my weird sense of humor in the comedy central and everything else sections. There are only two sites I frequent on the internet, and this has always been one of them..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread