Employer Pays Employees in Silver Dollars!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard this story on talk radio. Not sure if it's true, but its very interesting. A employer of a small company in Las Vegas
decided to pay all of his employees in U.S. Morgan and Peace silver dollars. He did this so he could drastically cut down the amount of taxes he had to pay to the IRS. The average employee would get about 20 silver dollars a week as payment. Silver dollars are about 25.00 each, 20 X $25.00 = 500.00. He reported to the IRS payments of about $20.00 per week for each employee. The IRS took the owner of this company to court and the IRS lost the case! The owner reported correctly to the IRS that he made payment in official US currency. Every silver dollar says one dollar, United Stated of America. His employees simply cashed in their silver dollars at coin shops to get the cash they needed like it was a paycheck. I hope this is true and not an urban legend! That's what I call sweet revenge! :evil5:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
That is sweet revenge. :laughing7:The only thing one has to be careful of is those bogus copies of American Silver Dollars that the Chinese are counterfitting.They don't miss a trick when it comes to trying to screw us over . >:(

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Come on. They know it's the only way to get some of the debt back you owe them! :)

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Grab Bugs Bunny off your refrigerator. My first posting on TN had to do with silver dollars a man in Mexico wanted to sell. They were bogus. If they stick to a magnet, they are other metals. His stuck to my Bugs Bunny refrigerator magnet, end of sale.

They were also a few grams too light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions