A freind from Kenya and his thoughts...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
This was his post to me...

"PEOPLE ARE STILL LOOSING LIFES DUE TO HUNGER, THE GMO MAIZE IS AT THE PORT, THE DEBATE ON WETHER TO LET KENYANS FEED ON GMO MAIZE IS STILL ON. Am just wondering if in fact we have already been feeding on the imported maize for a period we don't know. Is there any distinctive features of GMO flour and maize?"

I frequent another [much younger generation and dumber generation] forum, and someone said, "Let nature take it's course. Weed them out". I was in awe!!!

If Africa would unit, less corruption, things would be much better. Also, too many companies outside of Africa take advantage of these people. It's completely unjust and uncivil.

My friend owns his own land. He has a family farm and keeps bee's as a hobby. He is very poor, but he lives an o.k. life (given the income of the typical Kenyan). This impacts him as he's fully engulfed in this humanitarian crisis.

I can't help but to wonder.... If they had oil to be had... would we have already been there already?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Yup!...Bigtime!! :wink:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
If they had oil, the West or Russia or China would have been paying whatever dictator was in power, and supplying them with arms to suppress the populace, just like what happens in the Middle East.

Factor in tribal warring, and the ordinary people would be in the same place they're in now. Africa has been like this for a long time, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
He just said that a lot of food comes from the US, but when it gets there, the corruption starts and they sell it to whom can afford it.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I honestly wish the Europeans had the stones to just go in there and recolonize the entire continent. Just look what happened to Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) after they turned it over to the thug Robert Mugabe and ZANU PF. Rhodesia had one of the worlds strongest economies and now they are printing out one zillion trillion Zimbabwe dollar bank notes. Mugabe has been doing "Land Redistribution" by seizing Boer owned farms and giving the property to his political cronies in order to stay in power. $100,000 farm equipment lies idle in rusty ruin because the new "owners" are too stupid to know how to farm. It's like putting a silk hat on a pig IMO.

South Africa will be the next to revert back to third world crap hole status, mark my word. They are already having rolling blackouts, there are 55 murders a day, and the witch doctors tell the populace that the cure for AIDS is to rape a virgin. Women wear biker shorts five sizes too tight in order to try and keep from being violated. I can't believe they had the World Cup in that cesspool. My 2nd cousin just got back from an extended stay there and she said there were rumblings that as soon as Mandela kicked the bucket they were going to systematically slaughter every non-African in the country.

Life is cheap over there. I just watched a video where two Africans were dowsed with petrol and burned alive for stealing a sack of potatoes. I hate to agree with the "weed them out" comment, but they have made their bed and now they get to lie in it.

This guy could fix things over there, but he is long dead.

Rhodes.jpg

As far as the Middle East comment goes, I can't wait for the oil over there to run out so they can go back to selling goats like they did 200 years ago.

And if you want to feel sorry for a population that gets exploited by "big business" for manpower and natural resources, look no further than West Virginia and their coal mines.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Did you meet this friend through an email you posted on craigslist? You know those are scams right? Not really ur friends just want some dough!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
dallgire said:
Did you meet this friend through an email you posted on craigslist? You know those are scams right? Not really ur friends just want some dough!

Yes, I know about this... but, he's actually a farmer and bee keeper. I met him through my brother... also a beekeeper/wannabe farmer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread