rioting in London

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt! Someone elses chance now...if you get my drift? :wink:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, Dano, back in my days of being educated, I was taught that for every event in history there is an immediate and an underlying cause. What two would you attach to the riot situation? Frank

The immediate cause usually gets taged as the reason, but the underlying cause is the real reason.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Frankn said:
Hay, Dano, back in my days of being educated, I was taught that for every event in history there is an immediate and an underlying cause. What two would you attach to the riot situation? Frank

probably the lack of food stamps and money which leads to very hungry Dano! :laughing9:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
dallgire said:
Frankn said:

probably the lack of food stamps and money which leads to very hungry Dano! :laughing9:

Actually, it's quite the opposite:

What we have on the streets of London and elsewhere are welfare-state mobs. The youth who are ‘rising up’ – actually they are simply shattering their own communities – represent a generation that has been more suckled by the state than any generation before it. They live in those urban territories where the sharp-elbowed intrusion of the welfare state over the past 30 years has pushed aside older ideals of self-reliance and community spirit. The march of the welfare state into every aspect of less well-off urban people’s existences, from their financial wellbeing to their childrearing habits and even into their emotional lives, with the rise of therapeutic welfarism designed to ensure that the poor remain ‘mentally fit’, has helped to undermine such things as individual resourcefulness and social bonding. The anti-social youthful rioters look to me like the end product of such an anti-social system of state intervention.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/10970/

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
dallgire said:
Frankn said:

Actually, it's quite the opposite:

What we have on the streets of London and elsewhere are welfare-state mobs. The youth who are ‘rising up’ – actually they are simply shattering their own communities – represent a generation that has been more suckled by the state than any generation before it. They live in those urban territories where the sharp-elbowed intrusion of the welfare state over the past 30 years has pushed aside older ideals of self-reliance and community spirit. The march of the welfare state into every aspect of less well-off urban people’s existences, from their financial wellbeing to their childrearing habits and even into their emotional lives, with the rise of therapeutic welfarism designed to ensure that the poor remain ‘mentally fit’, has helped to undermine such things as individual resourcefulness and social bonding. The anti-social youthful rioters look to me like the end product of such an anti-social system of state intervention.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/10970/

orrrrr what hombre said! :laughing9: :wink:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Yup, that puts it a little more succinctly than i would have, but that's the general picture!

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
I did not write that guys. It's quoted from the linked article.

again i love it! Dano got somthing to say or are you going to stay hush? prolly a good idea!! :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
dallgire said:
I did not write that guys. It's quoted from the linked article.

again i love it! Dano got somthing to say or are you going to stay hush? prolly a good idea!! :icon_thumright:

Umm i didn't say he said/wrote it...whereas you did. :wink:

The link at the bottom kinda gave this fact away...right?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is, the government, at least here in the US, will rebuild the burned down buildings. My buddies and I joked one time that we should protest the OJ Simpson verdict of "not guilty" by burning down the dive bar we hung out at. We figured the government would build us a new bar at taxpayer expense. :thumbsup:

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
packerbacker said:
Problem is, the government, at least here in the US, will rebuild the burned down buildings. My buddies and I joked one time that we should protest the OJ Simpson verdict of "not guilty" by burning down the dive bar we hung out at. We figured the government would build us a new bar at taxpayer expense. :thumbsup:

so everyone else could enjoy it while you are sitting in jail? please do! I will let you know how it is! :laughing9:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news this morning said that England was asking the U.S. for help on "combatting gangs". Had to laugh at that one. I've been through the Watts Riots, (in law enforcement) L.A. Riots (guarding relatives houses) and sorry to say if England is asking our help they're in for a rude awakening how little we know, our law enforcement does a poor job period. Most of the time it's sit on your hands until the media moves to another area. As far as our gang intelligence units go....... ::)

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Difference is that the LA, Watts and others is the perps stayed mainly in their neighborhoods. Wanna know why? Guns....that's right, guns! You don't think rioters could come into the average American neighborhood and get away with that crap do you? They are cowardly thieves for the most part and, even the ones that arm themselves, don't know how to shoot. Ever see any at the range practicing their drive-by skills? The police over there aren't even armed properly and suffer at the hands of these social maggots. Rubber bullets my butt......do away with them. As far as I'm concerned an arsonist is also committing attempted murder because he could kill someone in the ensuing fire, maybe me. Bye-bye butthole.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXACTLY! I laugh every time I hear the Bobbies have to call for a Sargent to come bring the gun. May as well just paint a target on their uniforms. As far as arsonists go you're right arson is the most chicken sh ::)t crime period. but the courts say they got rights?!?! They got the right to the needle.

Rubber bullets are a good idea IF they are mixed with live rounds in a clip. Firing them into a crowd of rioters would disperse the crowds quick when they see one get stung & one get dead. Would give the officers a little peace of mind not knowing if they were the one who dropped him or stung him. ;D

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Have we had posts deleted again here??? I keep thinking i'm getting alzheimers because i KNOW i've posted stuff! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions