Bank error in your favor

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as banks can give us headaches with their fees, restrictions and policy changes, sometimes, though not often enough, we benefit from their mistakes. Let's hear your stories.

I'll start with mine:

Back in March my bank told me they'd start imposing a $5 monthly fee to my checking account if I didn't keep a minimum balance. It was supposed to go into effect in May. It's now Aug and I have been charged a penny yet. ;D :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Immy said:
As much as banks can give us headaches with their fees, restrictions and policy changes, sometimes, though not often enough, we benefit from their mistakes. Let's hear your stories.

I'll start with mine:

Back in March my bank told me they'd start imposing a $5 monthly fee to my checking account if I didn't keep a minimum balance. It was supposed to go into effect in May. It's now Aug and I have been charged a penny yet. ;D :icon_thumleft:
The bill will show up with accrued interest attached . Banks do not admit to making errors in your favor and charge for the nonadmission .

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out Thursday that BOA has settled my class action suit in my favor :icon_thumright:

That should teach them to try and steal 35 bucks :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:

First off $5.00 or keep a minimum balance is a rip off.

what is the Minimum ?

$200 ? $500 ?

That means The first $200 or $500 isn't
yours anymore :icon_scratch:

& I Bet once it goes into effect
they will charge you to close your account.

They threatend that here, alot of their
customers pulled their money before it
went into effect & They sent out a letter
saying they wouldn't be changing
to Minimums :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread