North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ut oh Bob
that .5% probably runs the world
oh wait, it is probably the stupid ones we elect on the ballot in all the countries...haha

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Dano Sverige said:
You're telling people to disassociate themselves with something because it was founded in England? Why don't i see you doing the same about the United States? :wink:

Because England sucks.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:
we got good things from England....freedom is one of them :laughing9:

what else they got?
hmm...they are like us totally
they got fat bums. I watched that show on Englands increasing fatties, more than 60% are heifers. jsut a few less take away curries would help and less pasties to the butt....
kinda sounds like the USA!!

I see they want to cut back their welfare/social services...they riot
kinda sounds like us coming soon!!

nah, don't be made at them, they are just like us, but we gained our freedom and we are the same now basically.
:dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Arn't you the one complaining that it's ME on here all day everyday?? I took a break so i don't get deep vein thrombosis and fall over! Sheesh!
I have two of everything..xbox's, PS3's, wii's, desktop PC's and laptops. I'm like the electronic version of Noah...why d'ya ask? (can't wait for this...sigh)

hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Dano Sverige said:
You're telling people to disassociate themselves with something because it was founded in England? Why don't i see you doing the same about the United States? :wink:

Because England sucks.

I see that one went over your head Hombre lol. :wink:

" we got good things from England....freedom is one of them ".... Yes Farmers...as is the ability for you to convey to me that drivel in a language we both understand! :) :-*

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what a conversation sounds like at one of their meetings....hmmmmmmmmm :icon_scratch:

Mensa member says to another Mensa member: "Hey, did you know that.....never mind, of course you do." ;D

Instructor asks, "Does anyone have any questions?" Mensa member reponds with, "I don't have any questions, only answers".

I guess, if you don't qualify for the top .5% group, you're considered a semi-pro in the intelligence world??

Guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm a dumba$$, beer-drinking, love-to-go-fishing kind of person. Only cards I carry are debit cards, driver's license, and hunting and fishing license. Oh, and my NRA Membership Card! :icon_thumleft:

AU.....it doesn't sound like you would want to be a member but you never know.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
My first day of high school, I went from a 4-person 8th grade to a 400+ person freshman class. In the middle of meandering around a huge new school, I was called over by a teacher-looking buy. He said "Hi! My name is Ralph E. Woods, my IQ is 183, what's yours?" I replied, "What do you want? My name or my IQ?" He replied, "We'll get along fine." Later I had several of his English classes.

He was invited to become a MENSA member, and declined. So did I, although I do enjoy intellectual discourse.

Ralph started the first Honors English classes in the United States. He also started the first Advanced Placement courses in the United States. He became a good friend, and I was honored to be in his classes. He taught me well.

Ralph E. Woods is one of the reasons I'm honored to be an American. But I know "geniuses" from other countries, too.

When I took the classic Stanford-Binet test, I wondered why they put the answers on the back sheets. I asked the teacher giving the test. She told me I wasn't supposed to see that part. I told her it didn't make any difference: the test was wrong. She asked me where. I told her the science question, and why it was wrong. She agreed.

She contacted Stanford-Binet and told them of their error. They tried to get her kicked out of teaching. For proving their test was inaccurate!!!

I've had some good teachers. Not one of them was a computer.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the obvious takeaway here is that IQ doesn't really amount to anything if you can't utilize it properly or waste it on self (D&D, MMPORG). A person is much more than IQ. There are better things to occupy your time with, in my opinion, unless you enjoy the activities / want to feel smart :sign13: / want to test yourself. Nothing wrong with it, if you're into it...I guess it would depend on your idea of exploration and discovery, or stagnation as the case may be (those games can suck your life away).

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the responses.

I am now of the opinion that I'm glad I declined membership;
I see no personal tangible benefits other than "bragging rights."

As Tuberale stated regarding the enjoyment of intellectual discourse, I also enjoy the same.

I suppose that members would enjoy the camaraderie of other intellects, however,
I am satisfied with my association of the members here at Treasurenet,
which would collectively outshine any Mensa member. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Scott

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Dano Sverige said:
Arn't you the one complaining that it's ME on here all day everyday?? I took a break so i don't get deep vein thrombosis and fall over! Sheesh!
I have two of everything..xbox's, PS3's, wii's, desktop PC's and laptops. I'm like the electronic version of Noah...why d'ya ask? (can't wait for this...sigh)

hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Dano Sverige said:

Because England sucks.

I see that one went over your head Hombre lol. :wink:

" we got good things from England....freedom is one of them ".... Yes Farmers...as is the ability for you to convey to me that drivel in a language we both understand! :) :-*

What games do you play? (besides that damn halo)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mensa is for "high IQ" types * --it can be tough being the "smart kid" in school maybe not as hard as being the "dumb kid" as far as being picked on goes but its close at times -- but it sucks when 9 out of 10 of your "so called" freinds only talk to you when they need the answers for the "home work" they were supposed to do over the weekend .

I do like to hang out with fellow "smarties" --it is fun to have chats with folks who think about similar stuff that you also think of and can understand you when you talk about subjects that would bore most "normal" IQ folks to death.

I view my "smarts" as a gift from god -- now having the "smarts" is only part of it --its how one applys the "smarts" one is given -- there are a lot of " common sense dumb" high IQ folks and a lot of "snob" high IQ folks -- both of which tend to bore me to tears , I like to share my knowledge with others , often when exchanging info -- I learn another tidbit of knowledge in the exchange (win / win)

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
ivan salis said:
mensa is for "high IQ" types * --it can be tough being the "smart kid" in school maybe not as hard as being the "dumb kid" as far as being picked on goes but its close at times -- but it sucks when 9 out of 10 of your "so called" freinds only talk to you when they need the answers for the "home work" they were supposed to do over the weekend .

I do like to hang out with fellow "smarties" --it is fun to have chats with folks who think about similar stuff that you also think of and can understand you when you talk about subjects that would bore most "normal" IQ folks to death.

I view my "smarts" as a gift from god -- now having the "smarts" is only part of it --its how one applys the "smarts" one is given -- there are a lot of " common sense dumb" high IQ folks and a lot of "snob" high IQ folks -- both of which tend to bore me to tears , I like to share my knowledge with others , often when exchanging info -- I learn another tidbit of knowledge in the exchange (win / win)

Congrats!

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
ok i think it is my turn to say how smart i am! Ok here it goes!!! You ready everyone? Alright lets do this! Ok its about to be on! Phew alright! Yea i got nothing sorry........ i cant hang with all you "smart" guys!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Truth is...i left school without a qualification to my name. Ah huh, i was the typical "bad boy" type. The lazy loser at the back of the class etc etc.
I'm not dumb, i just never got to take the finishing exams and all that palaver. No idea of my IQ rating. Remember my mother taking me for an IQ test when i was 14 yrs old. Don't recall any numbers mentioned, but i remember the guy saying i had an IQ of someone 7 years older than me, which i took to be pretty good?
I do have to take my socks off to count to 20 though! God i hate maths. :read2:

Other games played Dall?...well, if it came out in the past 2 years there's a good chance i've got it and played it! First person shooters/ action games are my thing though.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wondered about those Mensa peeps. Thought it was a men's club that didn't finish writing the name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread