Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why Texan's Don't Pick The Bluebonnets

texastee2007 said:
LOL we didn't have many this year because of the lack of rain....now that last picture is going for $10.00 / pound. Wish I could find a bunch of them. Lack of rain and so much fire has cut way down on that as well.

Yep, were on day 40 of 100+ and the bluebonnets have long gone, Snakes are holed up under the house and even my fire ants have been knocking on the back door asking for water :laughing7:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always liked seeing the Blue Bonnets, Thanks for the pics. Nice rattler too. MMMMM Rattlesnake Roundup time!

But I thought it was going to have something to do with that really strange, idiot law that says you cannot pickup any thing on the side of the road in Texas?

You all need to lobby against that!

OP
OP
Jeep

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave44 said:
I always liked seeing the Blue Bonnets, Thanks for the pics. Nice rattler too. MMMMM Rattlesnake Roundup time!

But I thought it was going to have something to do with that really strange, idiot law that says you cannot pickup any thing on the side of the road in Texas?

From Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/bluebonnets.asp

Pick all ya want, just stay off private property and don't leave ruts :laughing7:

I pick up stuff from the side of the road all the time, heck you would think it was my job with all the
good stuff I get. :wink:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave44 said:

Heck! It's free to pickup roadkill here.....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is still legal to pick up lot lizards from the side of the road in Texas...or so I have heard. Just kiddin, y'all. Second worse drouth ever. When I was down there recently still some water in the canyons, but it was the driest I'd ever seen it and it looked like the whole world was on fire in west Texas. Must be why I'm seein more Texans up here from regular places in Texas. I always try to visit with them; nice regular folks. No offense if you live there, but a certain class of Houstinites, or Houstinis, or Houstonos (whatever they call themselves) have given all Texans a bad name here in the mountains.

S

stefen

In California, the latin name for Lot Lizards is the same as in Texas, however, the common name varies :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

LMAO over the 'lizards' :headbang:
My longtime truckin friend ,'The Gambler', and I took our respective sons on a summer tour of America . 10 and 11 at the time . Showed them some amazing things and some pretty disgusting that
summer .......
Laid over for a weekend in Ft.Worth , we bbqed and went to Cow Town . Boys were restless when we got back to the trucks so we sent them out on the lot with a plastic bucket and flashlights .
The cb radio was soon alive with questions about what those kids might be doing . After a few minutes Gambler keyed up and explained ,"It's ok , drivers . Those boys have been good all day . We told them that if they caught a bucket of lot lizards we would take them fishin ."
That kept the lot alive with laughter for quite a while .

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now I have a cousin that might seem a little strange, He likes to pick up snakes, tarantulas and the like, And he told me they passed a law you cannot pick up anything on the side of the road there. Road kill, antlers Etc. Hmm I will look it up, but many states have these laws.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave44 said:
Now I have a cousin that might seem a little strange, He likes to pick up snakes, tarantulas and the like, And he told me they passed a law you cannot pick up anything on the side of the road there. Road kill, antlers Etc. Hmm I will look it up, but many states have these laws.

Oh I see,, specifically the Bluebonnet. Sure!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because it's against THE LAW!,I called the wildflower center and they told me that your not allowed to pick any wildflowers,unless their on yoor own property,but really this state is soooooo dry that the summertime wildflowers haven't even come up yet. :dontknow: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Jeep

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting