Banks are now charging customers for depositing cash!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
big time folks are just hoarding money * not investing it in anything --just stacking that cheese higher and higher * making the markets struggle as "investment" money dries up

their turning banks into giant "piggie banks" for the uber wealthy -- while the working class is getting hammered .

so the banks are going to charge a sort of "we're your armed guards" service fee to keep their bulky cash reserves of money "safe"

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait 'til they find out they've been robbed, too - when money isn't worth anything.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
since 64 when they took us off the silver standard then in 1972 when nixon signed off on the gold backing --allowing americans to "legally" own gold again --our money has long been worth "nothing" as it has had no real backing * -- note the slide in value in the following exchange rates

in japan in 1980 I got 220 yen per us dollar today it was about 77 yen -- exchange wize the us dollar was about 40% of its 1980 exchange value . (a 60% drop in 31 years)

in 1998 in canada --i got 1.50 candain for 1 US dollar today its running at 99 to 98 cents -- thats a 1/3rd (34%) drop in value in just 13 years

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder how long that will last when their biggest account holders decide it's time to move their accounts to the bank accross the street? They aren't the only bank in town and you know some smart guy at the other bank is gonna offer up accounts with no fees & unlimited everything to get the business.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I tried to pay my cell phone bill with cash at a Sprint store, they wanted to charge me an extra $5 for paying in cash. I said never mind I'll mail it in. It's ridiculous, I remember you used to get a discount at some places if you paid in cash.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
I tried to pay my cell phone bill with cash at a Sprint store, they wanted to charge me an extra $5 for paying in cash. I said never mind I'll mail it in. It's ridiculous, I remember you used to get a discount at some places if you paid in cash.
I like to ask the tellers do you accept cash if I have three forms of ID? 99.9% of the time you get the blank look and Huh??

My other favorite = Would you like a bag? No thank you I just divorced one = blank look Huh?

Paper or plastic? yes = asking three more times = blank look Huh?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: Boogey that was funny!

anyone who would pay a fee to deposit is crazy. I know I will never do that but what gets me is people will do it. and then the idiot cycle begins again!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: Boogey that was funny!

anyone who would pay a fee to deposit is crazy. I know I will never do that but what gets me is people will do it. and then the idiot cycle begins again!
No.... The idiot cycle perpetuates itself. It's already begun and is being perpetuated by idiots teaching new idiots. Think I'm kidding look around, we're surrounded like zombies in a bad B movie. :o

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL you are right!

do zombies eat sheeple? do sheeple know they are sheeple?

:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread