boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your internet goes down. You reset the router & modem. OK not the problem. You call the cable company. After pressing 1 to six different options, you get a recording stating there is an outage in your area and all representatives are busy helping others. Your approximate wait is over ten minutes. If you don't want to wait to speak to a person you can go to www. ................. If my internet wasn't down don't you think I would've gone to www. instead of wasting 10 minutes pushing 1to wait 10 - 15 minutes to talk to someone who's not exactly sure why they're there?
Makes you wonder what they're thinking or maybe not thinking.

F

Felinepeachy

ROFL reminds me of Ray SS's post Irony

Irony #13.jpg

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the irony thru life is funny and sad at the same time!

I was promised by a customer service rep they could bundle me up and make my costs come in lower while I got upgraded everything in my phone package. I knew in my heart the price quoted was a lie, and I did it anyway. Got that bill and it was about $26 higher than they stated. I got online, changed the whole plan around and ended up saving about $12 off my original lower cost and still got upgrades. Lying bastids. "they promise to help', but 'they are out to screw ya' every single time! :)

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Ohhhh my dont get me started on cable companies! As my friend above probably knows Time Warner is the biggest group of scam artists around! I started my voyage with TWC about 3-4 years ago and had cable and internet phone i was getting it for roughly $120. I signed a contract for 2 years well the 2 years ran out and guess what for the same package i am now paying $185 and they say "thats the best package we have at the time sir." others say "yea i dont know why your bill is so high. Maybe you should try contacting this other department." ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Im paying almost $200 for internet cable and phone! I hate cable companies! :protest: :director: :argue: :angry9:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We started out on Direct TV for about $39.95, a year later it is around $78.00.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of cable & cell companies. If you have QWEST or who ever they merged with and waiting for your lovely 2 year contract to run out, DON'T cancel your service until at least 5 minutes after midnight their time! I've heard from two different people of this scam the're pulling. Say your contract ends today. You call up and tell them you're switching carriers and don't want to sign a new contract. They tell you Okey Dokey. Your last bill comes with a $200 something early termination charge. You call them back & they tell you there's nothing they can do you terminated early, have a nice day.

Yup, you got it! You terminated your contract 2 minutes before midnight their time. Don't fall for it!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
We started out on Direct TV for about $39.95, a year later it is around $78.00.

Fossis..............
dish is the same way >:(

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you read the teeny tiny part, the part that you need a magnifying glass to read that says you only get all these wonderful packages for the first three months? Didn't find it? You gotta lookreal hard & almost have a law degree to understand the thing.

Then you call them up and they answer the phone "how can I help you?" You get ripped off again! Because there's not a one of them in the call center that can help themselves let alone you. That's why they call them "call Centers" not "Help desks" any more, they know they're beyond help. :D :D :D

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have directtv. I called to say Dish was cheaper, could they do something for me or I might change. they said they would give me $5 off per month for 6 mos. I said nope I want more, they said see ya later.

crappola, cause Dish was that 3 mon promo then heck it hit basically my Directtv cost. I called back and said give me the darn $30 off LOL

they got me darn it cause hubby wants 600 channels......they got me, darn it, I can't just cancel it. It would mean a divorce :laughing9:

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
I have directtv. I called to say Dish was cheaper, could they do something for me or I might change. they said they would give me $5 off per month for 6 mos. I said nope I want more, they said see ya later.

crappola, cause Dish was that 3 mon promo then heck it hit basically my Directtv cost. I called back and said give me the darn $30 off LOL

they got me darn it cause hubby wants 600 channels......they got me, darn it, I can't just cancel it. It would mean a divorce :laughing9:
OK you divorce and save $30. As a condition you get custody of 400 of the channels & the remote. And he can visit the sports channels every other weekend. See, ya just gotta have a plan :icon_thumright: ::) ;D ;D ;D

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
boogeyman said:
FarmerChick said:

OK you divorce and save $30. As a condition you get custody of 400 of the channels & the remote. And he can visit the sports channels every other weekend. See, ya just gotta have a plan :icon_thumright: ::) ;D ;D ;D

:laughing9: :tongue3:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL yea I would get more than that in the divorce and yup I could gain custody of him never having those 600 channels!

gosh I wonder if anyone has sued to block a person from somethign in life? bet there is an example :laughing9:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
Did you read the teeny tiny part, the part that you need a magnifying glass to read that says you only get all these wonderful packages for the first three months? Didn't find it? You gotta lookreal hard & almost have a law degree to understand the thing.

Then you call them up and they answer the phone "how can I help you?" You get ripped off again! Because there's not a one of them in the call center that can help themselves let alone you. That's why they call them "call Centers" not "Help desks" any more, they know they're beyond help. :D :D :D
fine print? there wuz no stinkin fine print :wink: $56 to $88 :angry7:

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta wonder.
In the big stores wny do they put the guy who can't find his rear with both hands knows absolutely nothing about anything in Electronic parts or the computer section? Even worse is when they have the kid that is a virtual encyclopedia back in the paper & stationary dept. at the far end of the store? Then as the first guy offers to take you down to the guy in stationary you notice that this guy has a war injury from Nam & this guarantees you'll get to the other guy sometime after lunch maybe dinner?

Oh yeah, the snack bar where the coffee is is at the opposite end of the store, so there's no chance to stock up for the long journey. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread