Jay leno said.........

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
"They say the price of gas could soon be under $3 a gallon. Do you know what that means? You can now afford to drive by the house you used to live in, go by the job you used to have, and go see the bank where you used to have money. "~Jay Leno

Now that my friend is funny and sad at the same time :laughing9: :'(
But i cant wait for it to go down! Been wayyyy too long!

F

Felinepeachy

sarcastic.gif
boy isn't that the truth

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it won't go down much more than it has.....they got it up to a high 3s, low $4s....then they bring it down a bit to make you happy that it isn't higher... :laughing9:

shock the people bad, then slink down a tiny bit and they are appeased. they do it all the time lol

OP
OP
dallgire

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
FarmerChick said:
it won't go down much more than it has.....they got it up to a high 3s, low $4s....then they bring it down a bit to make you happy that it isn't higher... :laughing9:

shock the people bad, then slink down a tiny bit and they are appeased. they do it all the time lol

lets see when i first started driving gas was like $1.12 i know i know lets hear all the "i remember when gas was $.45" :laughing9: :tongue3:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dallgire said:
"They say the price of gas could soon be under $3 a gallon. Do you know what that means? You can now afford to drive by the house you used to live in, go by the job you used to have, and go see the bank where you used to have money. "~Jay Leno

We are paying £7 a gallon here, that's over $11...you got it good :-\

SS

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I paid $3.54 a gallon at Sam's Club today. It's dropped pretty good in the last 2 or 3 days. :thumbsup:

I was really glad to see it drop cause we are leaving Monday morning to go up North camping
for 1 week before Karen has to go back to work. She works at the school cafeteria for their
lunch program.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:

Yes I Saw $3.65 yesterday & Had to stop for a "Deal" ? >:(

I Wont stop saying to myself "Thieves"
as I Drive by gas stations till I see .99 cents
which we all know will never happen,
except at radio station Promotions

OP
OP
dallgire

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
jeff of pa said:
FarmerChick said:

i payed $3.57 yesterday the wife payed $3.24 i buy premium she gets regular but she got a great "deal"!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dallgire said:
jeff of pa said:
FarmerChick said:

i payed $3.57 yesterday the wife payed $3.24 i buy premium she gets regular but she got a great "deal"!!
Buy the regular it doesn't really matter. I had the opportunity to chat with a fuel truck driver a few months back he told me (at least around here) the same fuel goes in each compartment. They give the drivers the "additives" in five gallon buckets to dump in the compartments. Then he told me that they have such a tight schedule they sometimes forget to dump the buckets in, so sometimes they end up delivering the same grade no "additives" to all three of the stations tanks.

OP
OP
dallgire

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
boogeyman said:
dallgire said:
jeff of pa said:
FarmerChick said:

Buy the regular it doesn't really matter. I had the opportunity to chat with a fuel truck driver a few months back he told me (at least around here) the same fuel goes in each compartment. They give the drivers the "additives" in five gallon buckets to dump in the compartments. Then he told me that they have such a tight schedule they sometimes forget to dump the buckets in, so sometimes they end up delivering the same grade no "additives" to all three of the stations tanks.

not trying to start an argument but i really don't believe that! And i have to use premium as i don't want to burn my rings up! The owners manual say premium gas only and a sticker inside the gas compartment! So you can use 87 in a premium only vehicle if you want but this guy wont be!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Silver Searcher said:
dallgire said:

We are paying £7 a gallon here, that's over $11...you got it good :-\

SS

They get a big discount mate for attac..."securing the peace" in the oil countries. It also includes supplementary discounts for "total lives lost"!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The story about the fuel is true. My son use to drive a fuel truck. Also all the gas in an area is one brand. It all comes from the same tank farm. I just got gas at BJ's. The delivery guy said it was shell. They add a packet of chemicals in the tank for different brands. Frank

PS Jeff, when I was night manager at a Spur station in the 50's gas was going for .25 a gallon and we pumped it and cleaned the windshield and checked the oil.

OP
OP
dallgire

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Frankn said:
The story about the fuel is true. My son use to drive a fuel truck. Also all the gas in an area is one brand. It all comes from the same tank farm. I just got gas at BJ's. The delivery guy said it was shell. They add a packet of chemicals in the tank for different brands. Frank

PS Jeff, when I was night manager at a Spur station in the 50's gas was going for .25 a gallon and we pumped it and cleaned the windshield and checked the oil.

i take it those were the good ole days? :laughing9:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dallgire said:
Frankn said:

i take it those were the good ole days? :laughing9:
THOSE were the good ole days! I worked for my friends dad at his station. The only thing I got chewed out for was JUST checking oil water & washing the windshield. No one told me his service included blowing the air filter out also. Pretty cool getting a pocketful of cash at the end of the week and getting a discount of 4 cents a gallon! Needless to say, guess who always got elected to drive as many of us that would fit in the car to the beach? Oh yeah, air & water was free & they'd let you have innertubes free too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions