Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2010
    High Country Arizona
    Bounty Hunter,Tesoro LOBO,Garrett Gold Stinger.
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Star Spangled Banner

Went to a gun show this weekend, At noon, unannounced, they played the Star Spangled Banner. The whole building stopped what they where doing,,Uncovered, stood up, Saluted, all but two guys, who where vets in wheelchairs. It brought tears to my eyes!
    Life is a Puzzle, the more pieces you can stick together the better! Glue and big hammers help.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2113 times

Re: Star Spangled Banner

Just curious arid; you bring up a question for me. I'm X Navy. We did not salute if we were indoors as we don't cover indoors. Outdoors we remained covered at all times and saluted. Since vets have recently been given the authority to salute as civilians, would you remove your cover to salute if you were X Navy? I find saluting as a civilian uncomfortable for some reason and just put my hand over my heart like everyone else. To salute would make me feel like I'm trying to draw attention to myself.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    179 times

Must have been a hell of a shock for this to happen at a gun show eh? First time ever?

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1674 times

HIO Dano, nah, one of the first times was when they rounded up enough guns to take on Britlandia.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    179 times

Blah Don! ..If i'd have been there in 1776 we'd have won!

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    137 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dano Sverige
    Must have been a hell of a shock for this to happen at a gun show eh? First time ever?
    are you truly a person that must sh*t on every single thread?

cause it does get tiring

you are witty, use some of that wit to censor yourself, would be a treat for all of us I think

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    137 times

Quote Originally Posted by Arid-Zone-A-seeker
    Went to a gun show this weekend, At noon, unannounced, they played the Star Spangled Banner. The whole building stopped what they where doing,,Uncovered, stood up, Saluted, all but two guys, who where vets in wheelchairs. It brought tears to my eyes!
    sometimes little moments like this catch ya and make you stop and be proud and give that good feeling. cool

us
    Jul 2011
    Around Columbia SC
    rather not say! lol ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChick
    are you truly a person that must sh*t on every single thread?

cause it does get tiring

you are witty, use some of that wit to censor yourself, would be a treat for all of us I think

you didnt know by now he is bored by his life!
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    179 times

So Farmers, tell me sweetheart, what exactly upsets you about my sentence?

You follow up by saying the original post is something that can make you proud, give you a good feeling, and it's cool. Why?
    The only thing you should be feeling is gullible, blinkered and misguided.

I find it odd that you can tell me to censor myself, when all i was implying was that "and this is odd at a gun show in America?" I find it odd that you tell me i sh-t on every thread, when in reality it's only your lack of knowledge and abilities of deduction where humour and rivalry is concerned that makes you think so.
    And i think it odd that you feel you can do this while starting threads ridiculing an 85 yr old woman for being ugly!

Want to help me out on this one sweetie?

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    137 times

sure darling.

it is easy. (for most)

if a person posts they are happy with a situation (like the Star Spangled Banner) being 'played" and they enjoyed it........why do you have to twist the post?

can't ya just say---GOOD FOR YOU

nah, not witty enough

I take pride in what he wrote cause it applied to me personally.

If someone says the "brits or the irish or the whatever' did something important to them, I won't crap on their parade. I would say "that is cool..glad it was enjoyable for you"

it is all about following the thread and being 'clean' but some just ain't clean now are they? minds finding a way to twist a post a million ways just to entice.

also thread on ugly
    I stated pic was butt ugly
    then a ton came on saying their views, fine, but one post on saying a view is cool...then give up on the intervention to change people's ways

HE NEVER stated he was shocked. never implied. Just YOUR TIRING WIT

us
    Jul 2011
    Around Columbia SC
    rather not say! lol ;)

im gonna grab the
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    137 times

eat an apple
    fake popcorn with fake butter is fattenig...oh wait, it is the popcorns fault, not that I shoved it in my mouth, all 16 lbs of it

us
    Jul 2011
    Around Columbia SC
    rather not say! lol ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChick
    eat an apple
    fake popcorn with fake butter is fattenig...oh wait, it is the popcorns fault, not that I shoved it in my mouth, all 16 lbs of it
    mmm 16lbs of fake corn and yummy butter i was even thinking of putting the cheese salt all over it!!!
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    179 times

I enjoy my "tiring wit". It works for me. I enjoy poking over patriotic gullible Americans. When people post this patriotic garbage i feel they should be strung up on a flagpole and have rotten fruit thrown at them for being so gullible!

I don't mean no harm. It's just my view. I've seen far too often what happens to people who thrive on patriotism, well, those who actually get off their a$$e$ and follow up on it that is. A forum gives me the right to express that view...as it gives you the right to click that "ignore user" button whenever you feel things become too tiresome. If you don't? then i guess you're not tired of me enough eh?

us
    Jul 2011
    Around Columbia SC
    rather not say! lol ;)

I enjoy my "tiring wit". It works for me. I enjoy poking over patriotic gullible Americans. When people post this patriotic garbage i feel they should be strung up on a flagpole and have rotten fruit thrown at them for being so gullible!

I don't mean no harm. It's just my view. I've seen far too often what happens to people who thrive on patriotism, well, those who actually get off their a$$e$ and follow up on it that is. A forum gives me the right to express that view...as it gives you the right to click that "ignore user" button whenever you feel things become too tiresome. If you don't? then i guess you're not tired of me enough eh?
    his favorite line "ignore user button"!!!!
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors