1977 was a horrible year for music! Do you agree? Or not.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna get flamed for this, but I gotta say it! At least back in the 70s you had to have some sort ability to play an instrument. 90s - 2000s seems like if can set up some presets on a keyboard, and have a good engineer to fix the mess you can get a record contract. I'd be willing to bet at least 50% of the rappers couldn't play an instrument if their lives depended on it.

Just my humble two and a half cents.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50% of rappers can't play an instrument? How 'bout 80-90% :laughing9:

What happened to black music? Blacks invented Rock n Roll for pete's sake. But, they have abandoned (for the most part) not just playing Rock, but playing instruments as well because of the $$$ that's easily made in hip hop.

I might get slammed for this, but it's my opinion and you KNOW how opinionated I am. ;D

Need more bands like Fishbone.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
50% of rappers can't play an instrument? How 'bout 80-90% :laughing9:

What happened to black music? Blacks invented Rock n Roll for pete's sake. But, they have abandoned (for the most part) not just playing Rock, but playing instruments as well because of the $$$ that's easily made in hip hop.

I might get slammed for this, but it's my opinion and you KNOW how opinionated I am. ;D

Need more bands like Fishbone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOhxEyPSEoY
How about real bands period? ;D ;D ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon FC....ymca?? hello! Hey, sing it with me...YMCA.....YMCA. C'mon, stand up and show me the letters. YMCA!!! ;D
Actually, all they did to create RAP was to add BOOM, BOOM, BOOM to hippie poems from the 60's. They used to gather in Greenwich Villiage in New York City at various establishments and recite a bunch of nonsense they had written while they were loaded on pot. The audience would be about as high as the "poets" and would show their appreciation by snapping their fingers instead of applauding. That's all RAP is, a bunch of unskilled "singers" saying, not singing, a bunch of nonsense but, if it rhymes and makes some sort of anti-establishment statement, it's good.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Boogyman I will amend my last sentence. :tongue3:
We need more "black" bands like Fishbone, ( "INSTEAD of rap" ) :laughing7:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
helllllllllo people...............no one has even mentioned the Villiage People!!! :dontknow:

packer, you just put another exclamation point to this thread! :laughing9:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I'm sorry guys,guess I'm stuck in the '40's and '50's when the music and dancing had a little romance connected to 'em.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
packerbacker said:
Now I know why Olivia went gay. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, she said after me no man could ever match up! :tongue3:

packerbacker said:
helllllllllo people...............no one has even mentioned the Villiage People!!! :dontknow:

There's a VERY good reason for that!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes, half of Abba was hot, anyway. A few good tunes in 77, but you probably had to look for them. (Isn't that the same year that Star War's thing came out?) Couldn't Get It Right, Climax Blues Band. Heard It In a Lovesong, Marshall Tucker Band. Elvis charted with Way Down. There's others, according to your tastes, but look, beyond the mainstream. Alas, Agnetha. You've missed your chance. Go to Dano.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and we can't forget SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER! :help: But I really want to. :dontknow:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess the real tell is how long the R&B Rock etc. bands have records still selling. But these (so-called) bands from the late 80s - 2000s have a record on the charts then 3 months later you find them in the $2.99 hopper at K-Fart while you're looking to see if you can find a replacement for the Zeppelin & ZZTop tapes you've just flat wore out. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread