Right place...Right time

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm doing my tour of local pawn shops today looking for bargins on a metal detector gift for the Mrs. I'm looking around this one particular shop and I hear an argument near the front of the store. A customer is trying to sell a 32in Sony Bravia HIGH DEF TV. Problem is it has a tiny scatch (less than 1/4in) in the corner of the screen and no remote. The pawn shop employee had the tv plugged in and hooked up to a cable box and was changing channels and turning the tv on and off with the cable remote. The scratch was not even noticable.

The pawn employee offered the guy $10. The man said he was not going to carry the tv back home but he needed more $$$. The pawn shop didn't budge. The man started to pack up his tv to leave, and so did I.

He asked me if I wanted to buy it in the parking lot for $75, I offered $30, he took $40!

Picture is crystal clear, it just took me a while to get the menu back to english.

oh and there was a Yogi Bear movie DVD in the bag also...not sure if that was a bonus or not.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
No remote = Stolen! :thumbsup:

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
texastee2007 said:
I would love to be setting in the parking lot when rifles and pistols are being pawned especially the really old ones. They make bank on those and some have been in the family for years. I've seen some beauties.

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread