ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I predict you will become a serial killer sir!

I'm guessing this subject, if it came under anything, would come under the "hobbies" forum? Start your own Ginseng and Mushroom bonanza there. :)

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I was worried to post to this thread cause I figured ginseng and mushroom were 'covert' words for something else entirely LOL

in fact I just kinda didn't get this thread at all..... :dontknow:

maybe under 'natural medicine' or 'health benefits' or something like that ????

Who is posting about ginseng and where? lol I haven't seen it but then again I don't get around the board too much...darn big board HAHA

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
You can find this stuff growing wild around here. I knew a dude from Blairsville who cultivated the native USA version of Ginseng (it's superior and more expensive than the Asian variety) but people kept sneaking onto his property under the cover of darkness and stealing his entire crop.

Ramps, Ginseng, and Morels can all be found in my region of the state. I live the far northeast corner near the NC and SC border. There is better hunting in North Carolina for all 3 of those wild treats though.....

Those ramps are great in scrambled eggs.

OP
OP
FatCat

FatCat

Aug 28, 2009
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ginseng is worth $400-$600 per pound and is "hunted" in many eastern states. I have seen a lot of members post pics of the morels and other mushrooms they have found, these are also very valuable and "hunted" in the regions where they grow. I am not surprised that the some uneducated people would have no clue as to what I am talking about. They are usually the same people who post pictures of the clad they found at the playground.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
FatCat said:
Ginseng is worth $400-$600 per pound and is "hunted" in many eastern states. I have seen a lot of members post pics of the morels and other mushrooms they have found, these are also very valuable and "hunted" in the regions where they grow. I am not surprised that the some uneducated people would have no clue as to what I am talking about. They are usually the same people who post pictures of the clad they found at the playground.

I knew a guy who ran up on a HUGE patch of ramps up in NC. He carefully removed them, put them in burlap sacks, dowsed them with water, then packed his truck bed full of them and covered it with a camper shell.

He then drove all the way to California with them and traveled up the West Coast stopping at 5 star restaurants selling them to chefs. Don't know exactly how much $$$ he made, but he didn't need to work for nearly a year.

hoyuita

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the post. The post is very Useful. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relevantchair, the original post is over a year old :laughing9:

Since then, there has been 1000's of posts on Ginseng, just not on this forum though :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
But Spart sang is slow growing,whats a year? :laughing7: didn,t look at date ,i,ll quit bumpin, dang it hoyutia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread