Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2009
    HUNTSVILLE Alabama
    ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Create a Ginseng forum on this site

I have seen quite a few members from the eastern part of the country post pics of ginseng plants on this site. Ginseng is definitely treasure where it grows, I think a ginseng and mushroom forum would be awesome. Just a thought.
    If you dig it, they will come.

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    179 times

Re: Create a Ginseng forum on this site

I predict you will become a serial killer sir!

I'm guessing this subject, if it came under anything, would come under the "hobbies" forum? Start your own Ginseng and Mushroom bonanza there.

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    124 times

LOL I was worried to post to this thread cause I figured ginseng and mushroom were 'covert' words for something else entirely LOL

in fact I just kinda didn't get this thread at all.....

maybe under 'natural medicine' or 'health benefits' or something like that ?

Who is posting about ginseng and where? lol I haven't seen it but then again I don't get around the board too much...darn big board HAHA

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

You can find this stuff growing wild around here. I knew a dude from Blairsville who cultivated the native USA version of Ginseng (it's superior and more expensive than the Asian variety) but people kept sneaking onto his property under the cover of darkness and stealing his entire crop.

Ramps, Ginseng, and Morels can all be found in my region of the state. I live the far northeast corner near the NC and SC border. There is better hunting in North Carolina for all 3 of those wild treats though.....

Those ramps are great in scrambled eggs.
    LMAO

us
    Aug 2009
    HUNTSVILLE Alabama
    ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research

Ginseng is worth $400-$600 per pound and is "hunted" in many eastern states. I have seen a lot of members post pics of the morels and other mushrooms they have found, these are also very valuable and "hunted" in the regions where they grow. I am not surprised that the some uneducated people would have no clue as to what I am talking about. They are usually the same people who post pictures of the clad they found at the playground.
    If you dig it, they will come.

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat
    Ginseng is worth $400-$600 per pound and is "hunted" in many eastern states. I have seen a lot of members post pics of the morels and other mushrooms they have found, these are also very valuable and "hunted" in the regions where they grow. I am not surprised that the some uneducated people would have no clue as to what I am talking about. They are usually the same people who post pictures of the clad they found at the playground.
    I knew a guy who ran up on a HUGE patch of ramps up in NC. He carefully removed them, put them in burlap sacks, dowsed them with water, then packed his truck bed full of them and covered it with a camper shell.

He then drove all the way to California with them and traveled up the West Coast stopping at 5 star restaurants selling them to chefs. Don't know exactly how much $$$ he made, but he didn't need to work for nearly a year.
    LMAO

Jul 2012
    I like the post. The post is very Useful. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    990 times
    relevantchair, the original post is over a year old

Since then, there has been 1000's of posts on Ginseng, just not on this forum though

Charter Member
    us
    WP

May 2012
    2719 times
    But Spart sang is slow growing,whats a year? didn,t look at date ,i,ll quit bumpin, dang it hoyutia.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors