Thumbs Up!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About two years ago I detached a tendon on my left thumb and I had to have it reattached. Now it’s the right thumb, although this time it’s just a torn tendon. Thing is, I never realized just how hard is to do things with thumbs that don’t work right until I started having problems with mine. Lose the use of your little finger and you can get by ok, but lose the use of a thumb and you feel like Edward Scissors Hands, your index finger and middle finger functioning like tweezers and chopsticks. Lose the use of both thumbs at the same time and I expect you’d suddenly be seeing the world through the eyes of a dysfunctional crab. :laughing7:

F

Felinepeachy

So hitch hiking is definitely out of the question but hailing a cab is still doable. :laughing7:
Seriously though, I actually do know how you feel having dislocated my right thumb once by falling on it. Landed on the tip and it bent backwards til it reached my wrist. They set it in a cast that made me look like I was walking around giving the thumbs up sign. Yes, it is extremely hard to not have use of your thumbs. I couldn't zip up my own pants if my life depended on it, or even write. I felt like a little kid with a big crayon in my fist.

What I'm wondering is, what the heck are you doing with your thumbs to cause all this injury to them? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know,...doing the guy thing,...still trying to be 25. "Work through the pains" my coaches use to scream at us. Now, at 53, I need a coach to scream, "Hey! Idiot! You're 53. If it starts hurting, STOP!" :laughing7: Seriously, the left thumb happened during an angry altercation with a really heavy wooden post, post won. The right thumb, not really sure? It just flared up one day and kept getting worse over several weeks. When it finally got so bad that I couldn't hold the weight of my fishing rod I went to see the doc. All the pain was actually showing up in my wrist just above the thumb, so I thought it was my wrist. :dontknow:

F

Felinepeachy

sarcastic.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread