Thumbs Up!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8664 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Thumbs Up!

About two years ago I detached a tendon on my left thumb and I had to have it reattached. Now itís the right thumb, although this time itís just a torn tendon. Thing is, I never realized just how hard is to do things with thumbs that donít work right until I started having problems with mine. Lose the use of your little finger and you can get by ok, but lose the use of a thumb and you feel like Edward Scissors Hands, your index finger and middle finger functioning like tweezers and chopsticks. Lose the use of both thumbs at the same time and I expect youíd suddenly be seeing the world through the eyes of a dysfunctional crab.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Felinepeachy

Re: Thumbs Up!

So hitch hiking is definitely out of the question but hailing a cab is still doable.
    Seriously though, I actually do know how you feel having dislocated my right thumb once by falling on it. Landed on the tip and it bent backwards til it reached my wrist. They set it in a cast that made me look like I was walking around giving the thumbs up sign. Yes, it is extremely hard to not have use of your thumbs. I couldn't zip up my own pants if my life depended on it, or even write. I felt like a little kid with a big crayon in my fist.

What I'm wondering is, what the heck are you doing with your thumbs to cause all this injury to them?

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times

yea, x2
    what the heck are ya doing to cause all that injury?

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8664 times

You know,...doing the guy thing,...still trying to be 25. "Work through the pains" my coaches use to scream at us. Now, at 53, I need a coach to scream, "Hey! Idiot! You're 53. If it starts hurting, STOP!" Seriously, the left thumb happened during an angry altercation with a really heavy wooden post, post won. The right thumb, not really sure? It just flared up one day and kept getting worse over several weeks. When it finally got so bad that I couldn't hold the weight of my fishing rod I went to see the doc. All the pain was actually showing up in my wrist just above the thumb, so I thought it was my wrist.

Felinepeachy

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    You know,...doing the guy thing,.

us

Jun 2010
    8664 times

Quote Originally Posted by Felinepeachy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    You know,...doing the guy thing,.

Tard, but not feathered, yet.

Felinepeachy

Sponsored Links