Shut up and take my money....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm ordering some parts from and electronic components house... They give me a place to enter my billing address, and then the shipping address (I'm shipping it to my work, not my home which is my billing address). Credit card doesn't go through... So I find out that this place sends the zip code of this shipping address to my bank instead of the billing address in order to validate the credit card (and it obviously fails validation). I call the place and explain this to them.. they say, "It's part of our fraud prevention" to which I reply, "what about the people are aren't committing fraud and simply want to ship parts to a different address?" (I've done this time and time before with no problem at all. It's called 'drop ship'). They won't budge... so I tell them that I guess I won't (can't) buy from them any more. Customer service says, "I'm sorry".

Long story short, I can't buy parts from these people and ship them to a different location. Very dumb. I'm thinking of writing the CEO.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
No point. This is worldwide practice now i'm afraid. They would rather lose your $100 order rather than a potential several hundred dollar fraud later. Unfortunately, due to society these days, they DO have a point!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread