Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't anything. I know quite a few years ago back in late 1980's me and my father-in-law at the time used to go fishing at Bayou Manchac in Louisiana. There was a grand-daddy gator there and every time we would go fishing either early morning or late evening, we would see this gator come up about 60-80 feet from where we would fish. We got as close as we could to him and I kid you not, he had to be at least 26 feet long and he was huge just seeing part of his head and body sticking out of the water. When we would try and get close enough just to get a good look, he would go under and swim off.

Other people who went out there crabbing or fishing saw him but no one could ever trap him! Maybe they were smart to just leave him alone and not tempt to trap him?

But I guess this crock is the biggest in the Pilippines!

http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

F

Felinepeachy

I am sure it takes years to grow that large and how sad that he had to go through the terror of being trapped and tied up like that and that will spend the rest of his life as a freak show attraction at some phoney ecotourism park. The Philippines is not exactly known for the humane treatment of any kind of animal, let alone something like that.

F

Felinepeachy

Well in optimal environments, healthy well fed crocs grow about 2 feet a year.

...........where the town plans to build an ecotourism park for species found in a vast marshland in Agusan, an impoverished region about 515 miles (830 kilometers) southeast of Manila, Elorde said.

"An impoverished region" They don't care enough about their own people there, what kind of environment and care do you think the poor thing will receive? How many tourists want to actually go and tour an impoverished region anyway?

I understand that it was a danger to the community and if that's the case, then just kill it. The people will be safer and the animal, who's just a victim of circumstance, will not have to suffer.

K

Kentucky Kache

Seems to me an impoverished area could use the meat.

F

Felinepeachy

Exactly, at least it would be done and over with for the animal and folks could eat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread