Not Knowing When to Call it Quits

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My morning of fishing:
1) Putting pontoon in water at 6am, a piece of padded rail on the trailer comes loose and snaggs the pontoon framing when the pontoon is about half way off the trailer. Had to get in the water and wrestle the pontoon off the trailer.
2) Once on the river, bugs were really bad, forgot bug spray. Got eaten alive for about an hour until the sun came up.
3) Finally arrive at selected fishing spot, saw a school of Redfish working an oyster bar, made my cast, got a huge bird nest that will require re-spooling the entire reel.
4) Grab other rod, make cast, got snagged on the oyster bar as soon as the “weedless” lure hit the water. Lost lure.
5) Decided to sit back and open a soda, take a fresh breath, start the morning over. Got sprayed in face upon opening soda.
6) Had to clean off reading glasses, took them off, spun around to grab towel, hand hit canopy frame, knocked glasses out of hand and into water.
7) Grabbed extra set of reading glasses, cleaned them, apparently with the same hand towel I used to clean up the soda. Need water to clean them….”not a chance in heck!” So I spit on lenses, no clean towel to wipe of glasses. Did the best I could with the wet shirt I was wearing from wrestling with pontoon and trailer earlier.
8 Decide to move to different spot, start the morning over in an area where all the fish possibly haven’t swam away from the noisy and cussing guy in the pontoon.
9) Have I mentioned that I love fishing?
10) Arrive “safely” at new spot, see fish working the flat. Shut off motor and walk to front of boat to put trolling motor down. Loose strap on left sandal now caught in trolling motor frame. Decide to leave sandal there and fish barefoot.
11) Grab rod, forgot that I still needed to tie on a new lure. Can’t find tackle box. Forgot to put tackle box in boat.
12) I was so pissed no problem getting half of my sandal out of trolling motor frame! Finally get the rest of it out, head back to boat dock.
13) Get back to dock, have to get back in water and wrestle boat back on trailer on account of the loose trailer padding.
14) A fishing buddy walks out on dock, says, “man, what a beautiful morning! Do any good?” Yes, he’s still alive. :laughing7:

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
A good day fishing is better than being at work? :dontknow:

We have all had those days. Keep your chin up.

Baldingboy

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Wish I could have been with you to share the moments . Anything would be preferable to being tied 7 days a week to this bleepedy bleep house to get it closed up before snow flies . ;D

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 easy steps to a successful fishing trip by DigginThePast:

1) Full cooler of cold "beverage".
2) No mobile phone.
3) Cut the hooks off the lure.

:thumbsup:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
DigginThePast said:
3 easy steps to a successful fishing trip by DigginThePast:

1) Full cooler of cold "beverage".
2) No mobile phone.
3) Cut the hooks off the lure.

:thumbsup:
By Golly ! You'd fit right in with me and my lifelong buddy that lives in Chassahowitzka , Fl . He has a 24' boat with a 27' beer cooler . Bait and hooks are smelly/dangerous items that are not allowed on board when we go on a fishing adventure :tongue3:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that sounds like my kind of boat!

One of my most memorable fishing trips I took a high velocity split shot to the forehead and 2 hooks from a treble hook to the back of my neck. Then my date was too squeamish to remove the hooks so I had to leave them there until I got help at home. But she made up for it. ;)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug :laughing7:
you just have to sit back, relax, and say to yourself, I should have went MDing :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug :laughing7:
you just have to sit back, relax, and say to yourself, I should have went MDing :laughing7:

I thought about that, but I figured the way my day was going if I had gone MDing a Killer Whale would have mistaken me for a floundering seal on the beach. :laughing7:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow1 That was an awful lot of 'misshaps' for one guy to handle in such a
short time. That is liable to make you think,
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Sounds pretty close to just another day on the water for me......................................

(Oh, the stories I could tell) :-)

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread