Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    1227 times

Not my pic

Hope I don't get in trouble for stealin this but I will give credit. Taken by Joe Amon for The Denver Post, on the front page yesterday. A little too set up lookin, but still funny. Allegedly, a Texas minister, one Matthew LaGrange (oh come on, La Grange!?) on his first fly-fishin attempt on the Big Thompson near Estes Park. Even though he is from Baja Oklahoma, he is a man of God, so I will not go in to the expected diatribe y'all would expect from me on the enjoyment I would get from seein a Texan hook up with a bull elk this time of year in Colorado. Set up or not, a cool pic, and good job Joe. (The 'No Trespassing sign was a nice touch, too!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	092011_estes06_sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	346.7 KB 
ID:	569420  
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Buy, Sell & Trade Used Detecting Gear! 100% FREE!! Dealer Stock Welcome :) TreasureClassifieds.com

Jun 2009
    I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Not my pic

Geez, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those horns Is this time of year their mating season? Is that particular animal normally aggressive?? Nice shot

us
    Ol'Roy

Feb 2011
    Knott, TX
    Garret 250
    161 times

Havent heard Baja Oklahoma in a long time........

thanks

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    1227 times

Happy to keep the memory alive, olroy. I'm 1/8 Texan and I spend some time down there at least once a year (can't get decent chicken fried steak or fried okry here in the mountains) but I enjoy raggin' on y'all. I get asked so many times up here what part of Texas I'm from that I gave up on bein an Okie and just tell em I'm from down around Mobeetie. Strange, I live in the mountains, and one of the most picturesque spots in the world, but I feel more at home on the plains. Hope y'all get some rain. A real slow drizzle for a couple of days should help out a bunch.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsors