Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I don't get in trouble for stealin this but I will give credit. Taken by Joe Amon for The Denver Post, on the front page yesterday. A little too set up lookin, but still funny. Allegedly, a Texas minister, one Matthew LaGrange (oh come on, La Grange!?) on his first fly-fishin attempt on the Big Thompson near Estes Park. Even though he is from Baja Oklahoma, he is a man of God, so I will not go in to the expected diatribe y'all would expect from me on the enjoyment I would get from seein a Texan hook up with a bull elk this time of year in Colorado. Set up or not, a cool pic, and good job Joe. (The 'No Trespassing sign was a nice touch, too!)

Attachments

• 092011_estes06_sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg
    092011_estes06_sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 250

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those horns :help: Is this time of year their mating season? Is that particular animal normally aggressive?? Nice shot :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to keep the memory alive, olroy. I'm 1/8 Texan and I spend some time down there at least once a year (can't get decent chicken fried steak or fried okry here in the mountains) but I enjoy raggin' on y'all. I get asked so many times up here what part of Texas I'm from that I gave up on bein an Okie and just tell em I'm from down around Mobeetie. Strange, I live in the mountains, and one of the most picturesque spots in the world, but I feel more at home on the plains. Hope y'all get some rain. A real slow drizzle for a couple of days should help out a bunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread