Had A Wreck Today...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 10:00 am I was on my happy little way to the Lowe's and some joker wanted to ride my a$$.
Well, when I stopped before turning right at an intersection, this guy ran into me and then backed up and hit me again! WTH?
So, I shut off my truck and get out with my cell phone in hand calling the law. Dude says, "There's no damage and no one is hurt." I said that we'll let the cops sort it out.

Based on my experiences in law enforcement, Buddy needs a substance abuse test.

There's a car behind us and the two ladies in the car stay and say that they are witnesses. Cool.

When the first cop gets there, he pulls what looks like a .40 cal pistol from the jerks car! (Code: 10:32) Back-ups arrived from nowhere!

To make a long story longer, cops hook up joker and he's gonna eat lunch at the "big house" today.

I'm OK. My back bumper is gonna get replaced and I may have to testify at a court proceeding.

Just another day in the life of yours truly....
(Glad I didn't have to dodge bullets...)

Best,
Scott

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow

glad you are OK!

hope he only gets bread and water :laughing9:

yikes it is always something huh

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucid Moments said:
Glad it worked out okay, and that you didn't find the 40 until after the cops were there. Could have been ugly otherwise.

Welcome to the boards, My friend!
Hope you will check in with us frequently!

Best,
Scott

PS. I can put a detector in your hands and we can search virgin territories! I have a feeling that you are close by....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made the right choice. I got tagged in the rear bumper once by what seemed to be a real nice guy. There was a lot of traffic so the guy calmly suggested that we move our cars into the adjacent parking lot until the cops showed up so traffic could get moving again. Sounded reasonable to me. Next thing I know he is speeding away down a back street exiting the other end of the parking lot. Cops never did find him. :laughing7:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Yup, Scott, you did the right thing, to call the law when you did.

Glad everything worked out well for you.

Hello Lucid Moments, Welcome to Tnet. There are lots of real friendly and knowlegeable folks here. If you
ever have any questions. Just ask, and there will always be someone who will fill in the gaps for you.

Ray

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
How's your neck?

Tee,
I'm ok. I was thinking that I might be sore the next day, but no soreness.
He hit me just hard enough to get a new rear bumper. :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing it was only 10am and not 2 in the afternoon, he may have killed someone by then.
Glad your ok and he got his. :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, now that it's over and you are not injured, A little excitement keeps the blood flowing.
You say he backed up and hit you again! That is assult with an automobile, a criminal charge.
When I was rear ended the guys insurance called and offered to repair my truck, provide a rental truck and give me $300 for the inconvenience. I stretched the repair out to a month. The rental was a new dodge hemi. Frank

My son's wife was just hit head on by a drunk driver that was weaving from shoulder to shoulder. He was driving a pickup truck. her car was totally destroyed. He got out of the truck and looked in the car then turned and walked away and lit a cigarette and flipped the match. There was gas everywhere, but it did not ignite. His wife and daughter were flown to shock trauma The wife has damage to her knees and left arm and some face cuts and the daughter has a broken pelvis and her right arm is broken in two places. They are home now with months of recovery ahead and a hefty law suit in progress. Frank

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think DUI offenses should carry a minimum mandatory prison sentence, for the very 1st. offense. Even more so when it involves an accident with injuries.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After classes today, I went to the "Cop Shop" and paid for a copy of the police report. HA Ha, Buddy is listed as jail bound, I've got my witnesses, and so I get an estimate on my rear bumper. $857.**. So, I collect info and head to my insurance guy.
Cool! Nobody plays that crap of hitting me twice!(Internet tough guy, here!)
Now, I wait...$$$$(Still glad I didn't have to dodge bullets....) Like I need any of this crap....

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much "runaround" I finally will meet with an adjuster tomorrow.
That is good as I don't have time to screw around with this situation and finals coming up.
I'll post results later....

Best,
Scott

PS. Perhaps I said the magic words; State Insurance Commissioner, complaint, lawyer,....

Was I too forward?

Love and kisses,
Scott

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it wasn't a wreck,but I was at the DMV today and and this wana-be pimp was talking to this guy about the strippers at this club,trash talking about them,when all of the sudden the girl in front of him,tells him that he can't talk about women like that and that she knows those women and that their trying to make a living.Well the trash talk each other and then when they call his number,she punches him in the back and he let out the loudest scream I've ever herd from a man,the police have to break it up :dontknow:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Produce Guy said:
Well it wasn't a wreck,but I was at the DMV today and and this wana-be pimp was talking to this guy about the strippers at this club,trash talking about them,when all of the sudden the girl in front of him,tells him that he can't talk about women like that and that she knows those women and that their trying to make a living.Well the trash talk each other and then when they call his number,she punches him in the back and he let out the loudest scream I've ever herd from a man,the police have to break it up :dontknow:

Dude, that's a Jerry Springer show! Sign 'em up!

Scott

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to hear you are ok, i am always looking in my rear view....so many distractions on the roads everyone wants to do everything else but drive...

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you one and all for your best wishes....
It's all good now...
Money in the bank.
Case closed.
Magic words were spoken...results occured. :thumbsup:

My Best,
Scott

PS. I'm searching for a replacement bumper cheap, and other parts and will perform the mechanics myself...
Maybe save a dollar-two-ninety-eight.....
:icon_scratch:

First, Let's get a bumper!!! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread