Ancient manmade structures on the moon?

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Mike in SC said:
Hi Gang,

I saw a question about books of space travel in the far past.

According to Erich von Daniken(sic), you can read about flying machines(vimanas)
nuclear bombs, and other stuff that shouldn't be there in the ancient Hindu texts.
Most of these texts pre-date the Bible.
Of course there is always Ezekial's wheel.
I cant remember all the names of the Hindu books(most have been translated into English.) The Mahabarata is one.The Rig-Veda is another.

Mike in SC

Yes, but von Daniken wasn't a trained archeologist, he was a writer who wanted to make lots of money. All (and I do mean ALL) of his "findings" have more mundane explanations. You don't need alien technology to draw the lines on the plain of Nazca, a picture of a person in a flying flaming chariot doesn't have to be an "ancient astronaut." As to "ancient Nuclear Bombs," well, that can be easily verified or discounted with an average Geiger counter.

I'm all for finding proof of such claims, but I am a firm believer in Occam's Razor, "That solution which is simplest is most often correct." And all of von Daniken's "findings" have simpler solutions, ones which do not need anything more than the technologies known to be available to humans of the time periods in question.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Captain Trips said:
Yes, but von Daniken wasn't a trained archeologist, he was a writer who wanted to make lots of money. All (and I do mean ALL) of his "findings" have more mundane explanations. You don't need alien technology to draw the lines on the plain of Nazca, a picture of a person in a flying flaming chariot doesn't have to be an "ancient astronaut." As to "ancient Nuclear Bombs," well, that can be easily verified or discounted with an average Geiger counter.

I'm all for finding proof of such claims, but I am a firm believer in Occam's Razor, "That solution which is simplest is most often correct." And all of von Daniken's "findings" have simpler solutions, ones which do not need anything more than the technologies known to be available to humans of the time periods in question.

This is why you can't be told where to read. You've already dismissed the claims before you've even seen them.

As far as verifying or discounting with an average Geiger counter, It's already been done. Just go to Goggle and you'll find it all. Maybe you wont like it, but you'll find it.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Vimanas.htm#Ancient nuclear blasts

Ancient nuclear blasts - By Alexander Pechersky

The great ancient Indian epic, the Mahabharata, contains numerous legends about the powerful force of a mysterious weapon.

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro in the beginning of the 1900s, uncovered the ruins of a big ancient town. The town belonged to one of the most developed civilizations in the world. The ancient civilization existed for two or three thousand years. However, scientists were a lot more interested in the death of the town, rather than in its prosperity. Researchers tried to explain the reason of the town's destruction with various theories. However, scientists did not find any indications of a monstrous flood, skeletons were not numerous, there were no fragments of weapons, or anything else that could testify either to a natural disaster or a war. Archaeologists were perplexed: according to their analysis the catastrophe in the town had occurred very unexpectedly and it did not last long.

Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward an amazing theory. They stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast. They found big stratums of clay and green glass. Apparently, archaeologists supposed, high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade. Researchers also found the strictly outlined epicenter, where all houses were leveled. Destructions lessened towards the outskirts. Dozens of skeletons were found in the area of Mohenjo-Daro - their radioactivity exceeded the norm almost 50 times.

The great ancient Indian epic, the Mahabharata, contains numerous legends about the powerful force of a mysterious weapon. One of the chapters tells of a shell, which sparkled like fire, but had no smoke. "When the shell hit the ground, the darkness covered the sky, twisters and storms leveled the towns. A horrible blast burnt thousands of animals and people to ashes. Peasants, townspeople and warriors dived in the river to wash away the poisonous dust."

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

http://ufo.whipnet.org/creation/ancient.aircraft/vimanas.html

Interestingly in the Mahabharata we also find information about the terrible weapons belonging to the ancient Indian Gods that, in the light of our present day knowledge, do sound uncannily like nuclear weapons. In his best-selling book According To The Evidence, Erich Von Daniken tells us how he found evidence of such terrible weapons held by Indian Gods in Book 8, Musala Parva:

The unknown weapon is radiant lightening, a devastating messenger of death, which turned all the relations of Vrishni and Andhaka to ashes. Their calcined bodies were unrecognisable. Those who escaped lost their hair and nails. Crockery broke without cause; birds turned white. In a very short time food was poisonous. The lightening subsided and became fine ash.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
jbot said:
This is why you can't be told where to read. You've already dismissed the claims before you've even seen them.

As far as verifying or discounting with an average Geiger counter, It's already been done. Just go to Goggle and you'll find it all. Maybe you wont like it, but you'll find it.

No, I haven't discounted the claims, just Von Daniken.

As to going to Goggle, I prefer Google. Can you suggest some keywords to search on?

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
jbot said:
http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Vimanas.htm#Ancient nuclear blasts

Ancient nuclear blasts - By Alexander Pechersky

The great ancient Indian epic, the Mahabharata, contains numerous legends about the powerful force of a mysterious weapon.

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro in the beginning of the 1900s, uncovered the ruins of a big ancient town. The town belonged to one of the most developed civilizations in the world. The ancient civilization existed for two or three thousand years. However, scientists were a lot more interested in the death of the town, rather than in its prosperity. Researchers tried to explain the reason of the town's destruction with various theories. However, scientists did not find any indications of a monstrous flood, skeletons were not numerous, there were no fragments of weapons, or anything else that could testify either to a natural disaster or a war. Archaeologists were perplexed: according to their analysis the catastrophe in the town had occurred very unexpectedly and it did not last long.

Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward an amazing theory. They stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast. They found big stratums of clay and green glass. Apparently, archaeologists supposed, high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade. Researchers also found the strictly outlined epicenter, where all houses were leveled. Destructions lessened towards the outskirts. Dozens of skeletons were found in the area of Mohenjo-Daro - their radioactivity exceeded the norm almost 50 times.

The great ancient Indian epic, the Mahabharata, contains numerous legends about the powerful force of a mysterious weapon. One of the chapters tells of a shell, which sparkled like fire, but had no smoke. "When the shell hit the ground, the darkness covered the sky, twisters and storms leveled the towns. A horrible blast burnt thousands of animals and people to ashes. Peasants, townspeople and warriors dived in the river to wash away the poisonous dust."

How about an alternate explanation? Wouldn't a sufficiently large meteor strike have similar results? It's a natural phenomenon, has been known to occur in the past, and would have all the effects of a nuclear blast and meet the description of "sparkled like fire, but had no smoke."

Again, using Occam's Razor, there is a simpler explanation than a nuclear bomb. And before you point out that I'm discounting something again, let me point this out: someone studying something in a rational manner has to look at ALL the possible explanations, and accept the one that fits closest. Should more than one be an equal fit, one must then turn to Occam's Razor. Now, if there is evidence that the event you quote could NOT have been a meteor, I am willing to entertain other explanations. But that quote only said "devestation resembling that of a nuclear blast." And a meteor strike would qualify, without the need for an ancient civilization to have developed quantum physics.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

'Those who escaped lost their hair and nails'.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hey jbot,

"There are none so blind as those who will not see !"

Save your breath dude !

Some people are scared to learn something new .

Mike in SC

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
I'm not blind, I just want more proof than a quote from the Internet. (Or do you actually believe all you read?) Especially one that quotes Pravda! Let me remind you that "pravda" is Russian for "truth" and let me further remind you of a saying the Russians have had for years: "There is no news in Pravda, and no pravda in the news!" Asking me to believe a quote from Pravda as scientifically accurate is like asking me to similarly accept a quote from The National Enquirer!

Give me something more solid as proof than a questionable quotation from a single, questionable source, and maybe I will begin to believe. That's all I ask, is that so hard?

Let's reword that saying as "there are none so blind as those who only see what they want to see." Me, I need more and wider, reputable reports as to what is out there before I "can see."

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hello Capt.

These stories have been around long before Pravda came about.

As for van Daniken, he had some outlandish theories. I have read 3 of his books, but i dont always agree with his answers.

You have to look for the strange and out of place stories.

Like, how did 200 ton stones get up on top of pillars at Baalbek in Lebanon ?
They have been there for centuries.
We dont have cranes today that can lift 200 ton stones.

Delta wing fighter plane models found in Egyptian pyramids?

Kennwick Man, found in the Pacific Northwest,being thousands of years old,
but having mostly European features !

BTW:
Robert Oppenheimer,so called father of the Atom Bomb, on looking at the first atomic blast in New Mexico, is quoted as repeating a line from the ancient Hindu text the Mahabarata
"I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds "

Mike in SC

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

CHINA: "Desolate, cold and glassy": In the year 2309 B.c. the
engineer of Emperor Yao decided to go to the moon. The "celestial
bird" provided him with information on his trip. He explored space
by the current of luminous air" (the exhaust of a fiery rocket?).

Hou Yih flew into space where "he did not perceive the rotary
movement of the sun." 10 (This statement is of paramount importance
in corroborating the story because it is only in space that man
cannot see the sun rise or set.)

On the moon he saw the 'frozen-looking horizon" and erected a
building, "the Palace of Cold."

CHINA: A story from this same period states that an enormous
ship appeared on the sea at night with brilliant lights which were
extinguished during the day. It could also sail to the moon and the
stars, hence its name, "a ship hanging among the stars" or "the
boat to the moon."

This giant ship which could travel in the sky or sail the seas
was seen for 12 years. 11

It was July 20, 1969, the occasion of the first moon landing.
During the last reconnaissance flight around the moon, preceding the
landing, one of the astronauts made an unexpected announcement: he
had just seen the contours of what seemed to be some sort of
seven-story structure.

What was it that he saw? Might it have been the "Palace of Cold?"
Why did they subsequently delete a full 11 minutes - including this
- from rebroadcasts? (But it was too late. We had already heard
it.)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi: In my life I have seen OCCAM"s razor nicked many times . It is getting rather scroungy and almost unusable.

Incidentally, so far I have never found where a Meteor strike has released radioactivity, perhaps you have?.

And how about the Tao describing subatomic particles?

Etc.etc.etc.-------------------------------etc.

Till Eulenspiegle de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread