poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, I ran to the station this morning.. $3.439. Hope the bottom falls out of the oil market

$3.44 -- 2.55 = .89 cents a gallon.. Thats where it was when I started driving in the early nineties..

When the dang Bomb only Gets 14-15 mpg, It limits the driving alot... cost about $.025 cents a mile to drive..

No! folks, I cannot get rid of it, Its all I got.. It's paid for.. Has 64,000 miles on it..

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
We are down to the mid 30's around here. It went up a dime yesterday, in some stations, but hopefully after
the weekend it will drop. It is not supposed to, but it often goes up on thursday or Friday and then drops back
down on Monday.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What you have to keep in mind is that oil prices drive almost all other prices not only through use in production, but in transportation cost. When oil prices go down the economy goes up. Maybe a little hope is in sight. Frank

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is still valid.. But a few years ago before they gave up there gas sales.. A garage/station, A friend of mine ran.. I was told in the state of WV, They could change the price on gas up to 5 times in 1 day... Crazy Business..

Come on bottom, Fall out of the Oil Prices.. :headbang:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas prices at the pump don't corelate to the price of oil per barrel anymore. It should be much lower at the pump right now. We don't do anything about it....just keep bending over and taking it. They did a little experiment on us and when the price hit 4 dollars a gallon people cut back on driving. So guess what, now it always hovers between 3 and 4 dollars and we keep driving.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I filled up my pick up last week. It cost $22.00 more than my first car cost me, and it had a full tank of gas(@$.19)

Aug 10, 2011
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari & Excalibur 1000, Tesoro uMax, Whites Eagle Spectrum,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gas prices will go where the Wall Street Bankers and other globalists want it to go. Do not count on legislation, it is legislation that was passed in 2000 that has destroyed much of our discretionary income.

Back in 2000, Republican US Senator, Phil Gramm of Texas, rammed a piece of legislation through the Republican controlled congress nicknamed "The Enron Loophole." It was signed by Democrat president, Bill Clinton, because these globalist bought off politicians are from BOTH parties.

Before the Republicans passed the Enron Loophole in 2000, all bets on oil were regulated and overseen by the COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION. They saw to it that no one rigged the trading of oil, within reason, and that oil traders were pretty much kept from outrageous trades and bets.

What Republican Senator Phil Gramm's legislation did was to, among other things, was to allow oil traders and speculators to go off-shore to unregulated markets like those in Asia, Dubai, and London. There, with no oversight, they were allowed to cook up any scheme that they wished. Large oil companies with huge oil holdings and oil speculators could control the commodities futures trading market and manipulate it. MANIPULATE it they did! They cooked the books, cooked up schemes that were unbelievably greedy, and corrupt, but since they were off shore, in an unregulated market, they could do whatever they liked. They had derivatives and every other scheme going in 2008, when it really got out of hand.

The reason that I know this, is that I watched the sham hearings that the Democrat controlled congress put on for show on CSPAN in 2008. I heard the former chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission testify on CSPAN to Congress. Michael Greenberger laid it all out. The Congressional panel politely listened, put on a show asking "tough" questions of the Oil companies, but didn't do a darn thing to change their practices or to repeal the Enron Loophole.

Pretty much the same thing happened when the Democratically controlled congress put on a "show trial", a sham hearing of the greedy, corrupt as hades Wall Street Bankers after they collapsed our economy in 2008. Lots of "angry" congressmen, mostly Democrats, but it was all for show. When it was winding down, Congress asked the very people who had destroyed the economy if the congress should stop derivatives, short selling of the dollar, and critical stocks, and credit default swaps. The chairman of the private bank group, known as the Federal Reserve, Bernake, said "NO, that all these, properly used, were necessary financial instruments." The Democrats and Republicans is congress, long having been bought off by the Wall Street Bankers, just as they were by the oil industry, nodded in agreement and not a thing was done.

That is why we are still in deep crap today.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other than nationwide boycott (for along period of time) can one 'maybe' control gas prices.

it is what it is.

we are controlled. simple as that. pick and choose what 'you look at' cause while many are watching oil prices, alot more is happening that 'they' don't think you see.

baffle them with direct bullsh** and the population doesn't see the other stuff.

open eyes people! :)

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
To controll, or bring down oil prices The consuming nations leaders must get together and set a max price they will pay. The producing nations would withhold oil and the consuming nations would withhold food stores. You can make oil from food, but you can't eat oil. The big problem is the oil companies would loose their gigantic profits and our leaders will follow the oil companies.
What we need is an average person as President, not a doctor,lawyer or millionair. We need someone with insite who will work for the average citizen. Frank

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are around 3.15 here went down to 2.99 a couple weeks ago, shocking i know!

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I saw 2.99 a gallon in SC at a racetrack station. Here in NC its 3.39 a gallon and the terminals are here that ship it to SC. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
$3.25 at BJ's in MD. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread