ever feel the need to get even (but how) a serious one for once guys

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Terry Soloman said:
metal mania said:
a neighbour poisons your two cats simply because they stray in to his garden you complain but are told he is within his rights and would claim it was because of rats even though he put the poison in to cat food. your pets are beyond help hypothetical ways to get even please

PS hes installed a camera watching his garden

Personally, I would have trapped the cats and had the animal control officer over for a cup of tea. Either keep your pets in the house, or secure them outside. Your "pets" are another man's "pests." Oh, and if you are simple enough to even ask for "gettin' even" advice on a public forum, :dontknow: you are probably not intelligent enough to be an animal owner. Get a plant and talk to it often! :headbang: :thumbsup:
Cats should be kept inside or on a leash(yes I know what the chances are of a cat liking that) They prey on native species of bird and other animals. And cat poop in my food would upset me also.I would not use poison to get them out.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
metal mania said:
a neighbour poisons your two cats simply because they stray in to his garden you complain but are told he is within his rights and would claim it was because of rats even though he put the poison in to cat food. your pets are beyond help hypothetical ways to get even please

Personally, I would have trapped the cats and had the animal control officer over for a cup of tea. Either keep your pets in the house, or secure them outside. Your "pets" are another man's "pests." Oh, and if you are simple enough to even ask for "gettin' even" advice on a public forum, :dontknow: you are probably not intelligent enough to be an animal owner. Get a plant and talk to it often! :headbang: :thumbsup:
what gives with the insults so every one whos ever asked for personal advice here is an idiot?.
i could trade insults you sound like one of em play ground redneck bullies so I guess I wont bother.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
A cat use to come in my yard and use my baby girls sand box as a litter box, didnt like that and asked neighbor to control her cat she laughed at me and said cats dont stay in a yard like a dog! I smiled and said ok. That evening a well placed shot from a beaman pellet rifle made sure that nasty animal never crapped where my baby girl played again! Just like a dog, horse, or any other animal you the owner are responsible for keeping your animals under control and off other peoples property. Sure it sounds mean and cold but protecting my family makes your cats inconsequential and you inconsiderate!

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Two things to keep in mind -

One - While some people love cats, there are probably just as many that view them as vermin (and I know - cat lovers simply cannot fathom this).

Two - Yup, cats are definately more difficult to restrain outdoors. That fact however, doesn't excuse one pet owners allowing THEIR animals violating the property of another. If you cannot / WILL not control it, you shouldn't own it.

Diggem'

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
texastee2007 said:
I am a hunter and animal owner. Our pets are our extended family and also a means of suppling us and others with home grown food. We have our beloved dog, three cats (momma, patches, yo yo) many hens, turkey, quail and peafowl. All these critter get along like family.....however when our pooch was a pup he would get together with the neighbor dog and go hunting. Porcupine was first and foremost animal of said hunt. 5 times I had to torture that pup pulling quills out of every part of his body...the last time he had to go to the Vet because he had tried to swallow said prize. He took to running and may have even started chasing goats....this is not something I was able to prove and never had someone tell me they saw him...but it was something that when we drove by goats I could tell they were a great interest to him....Had I caught him doing this...even though we love that dog like a son...I would have had to put him down myself. Sounds rash? sounds mean? sounds unbelievable? NO it is because I am responsible. I chose instead to purchase a collar which worked so fast you can't even begin to believe. You see he is a very smart dog and wants to please....but he has a little of that bull dog mentality that makes him want to be boss...We have come to a huge understanding that he will stay home and be treated like a King...or if he goes to a place he doesn't belong....he will be punished accordingly. My Pet is not someone else's problem and has absolutely no business on someone else's property. ZERO! If someone had poisoned my pet it would be my own fault for not taking care of them...if a cat wonders...don't have a cat...it is simple...If you can not control the animal....do not own it.....It is called ownership.

This payback mentality is what ends up in a shooting..."I'm gonna get you" point the fingers right back at who let the cats wonder in the first place. Sorry to sound mean but people need to take responsibility for their critters or not own them. Would you have allowed your child just to go into the neighbors yard and crap in their garden? Cat scat is just full of dangerous things. I agree with the crap in the sandbox....should that person have just let their child come in contact with that cat's crap? NO....

I hear that loud and clear Tee !

I had a Husky years back that a) loved to wander, and b) had a taste for chickens & ducks. My instructions to neighbors if they caught her in their coops were: One shot over her head to scare her off and if that didn't deter her, drop her. I, on the other side of the equation, kept her on a stout chain, with a hefty collar when she was out of the house and walked her on a leash from the house to her day-time tie-out. Loved that dog dearly as did the kids (she could pull them in harness all day without tiring, whether on a sled or in a wagin, and she LOVED doing so) but could NOT break her from bolting at the 1st opportunity.

FWIW - she died a natural death at the ripe old age of 12 or so :icon_thumright:

Diggem'

K

Kentucky Kache

Terry Soloman said:
metal mania said:

And what's worse, he's actually getting such advice here. See post above yours.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad was working underneath a car on wet dirt. He got a strong burning sensation on his shoulder that quickly turned into a rash with intense pain. He rushed to the doctor and was told he picked up a microscopic worm that is in cat feces. He told the doctor he didn't own a cat and the doctor told him that his neighbors did because that's where it came from. He was in pain for two days. Not saying cats should be killed, just pointing out one problem they cause.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
texastee2007 said:
Would you have allowed your child just to go into the neighbors yard and crap in their garden?

Hell No!
Because then it would be ok to shoot him. Plus it would be my own fault for being an irresponsible parent.
Of course you could always put a fence around the garden, a cover on the sand box, lids on the garbage cans, or maybe make a call to the local authorities.......................but what fun would that be?

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Its not my responsibility to secure my yard to ensure your cat doesnt enter it! Cats have become such a problem in Wi that hunters have been advised to shoot them if they come in contact with them in the woods! My grandfather was attacked by a rabid ferrel cat in the 80?s in Valdosta Ga. That cat prolly started as some ones pet or spawn of a negligent pet owners cat. Do you know the pain involved with rabies treatment? It is the owners responsibility to control their pets not mine to cat crap proof my childs toys or my yard! I love dogs and cats make good chew toys for them.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I once heard tell of a guy who, knowing a special someone was going to be away for the weekend, used Liquid Nails ( A really tough caulk ) to seal up all the cracks on his garage door........

Of course I would never condone such a thing personally....

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal mania said:

Don't get even. 2 wrongs sure will not make a right in this situation.

Hard call on cats. I agree ones pet is a pest to another.

Sorry for the loss of the pets. It is a nasty situation.

You could now buy the biggest LOUDEST barking dog and tie him out all the time and let the neighbor get an earful but eh, he would probably cause ASPCA on you lol

Sad situation and horrible.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Stay out of range of his cameras and occasionally chuck dog poo into his yard. But if you think that will make him start to poison the neighborhood's dogs, throw used prophylactics on his front porch or in the bushes under his window instead. He'll be up nights trying to catch the culprits "doing it" on his property.... :D

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Zephyr said:
Stay out of range of his cameras and occasionally chuck dog poo into his yard. But if you think that will make him start to poison the neighborhood's dogs, throw used prophylactics on his front porch or in the bushes under his window instead. He'll be up nights trying to catch the culprits "doing it" on his property.... :D

Just curious - how would one go about obtaining USED prophylactics without leaving a VERY defining DNA sample ???

(This question was rhetorical - PLEASE do NOT answer it ! PLEASE ! I really don't want to hear an answer..........)

Diggem'

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glue a toy whistle under his car on the frame .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
serial killers often kill animals first * --so keep a eye on mr "smiley" next door >:D

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll probably incite a number of members to riot, and I ain't gonna read all replies to this thread. My spouse and I are avid bird watchers. I feed the birds and ensure water is available to them. We got 'em all that are indiginous here in the south. Cat's in the yard, 12 gauge. Done deal. Brutal? Yes. Effective? Yes. Don't like it? Keep your cats at home. DON'T let 'em roam. Come on...

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
CaptainRobin said:
I'll probably incite a number of members to riot, and I ain't gonna read all replies to this thread. My spouse and I are avid bird watchers. I feed the birds and ensure water is available to them. We got 'em all that are indiginous here in the south. Cat's in the yard, 12 gauge. Done deal. Brutal? Yes. Effective? Yes. Don't like it? Keep your cats at home. DON'T let 'em roam. Come on...

No issues here...................

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
12Ga is very effective but i like my beaman pellet rifle it will drive a pellet thru 3/4? plywood at 50 paces its quiet and deadly accurate. Ive never had a cat or squirel do more than a few flops as their nerves slowed down. And its good practice for deer season.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work in a hospital psychiatric unit with some pretty psychotic, homicidal individuals – the kind that TV shows refer to as “criminally insane.” It is part of my job to evaluate them. I have spoken with a lot of pet killers. Killing a neighbor’s cat or dog, for reasons other than immediate self defense is different than hunting deer for sport, slaughtering farm animals for food, or even the controlled euthanization of local animal overpopulation. It takes a certain mind-set and a certain type of person to kill cats and dogs. These are people who have very little, if any conscience. They make their own rules and live by their own laws. They may function within the same social structure as the rest of us but what goes on in their mind is very different from what you or I would expect from a normal individual. When you add homicidal ideations to that mix, you have the makings of the pet killer. Now I know some people don’t see it as such a big deal if someone kills their neighbor’s dog or cat. Well, there may come a time when the death throes of a dying cat just doesn’t provide the same thrill that it used to. That’s when the neighbor is in danger, or the co-worker, or the wife, or the kids….. Someone who can kill a neighbor’s pet may be just a hop, skip, and a lit-fuse away from bigger game.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Roflmao! Sorry but the only satisfaction I get from killing a stray is the fact that it wont breed more strays or decimate the quail and turkey in my area. If its not on a leash or controlled in some way then it is a stray by law in my town, have you ever heard of a leash law? I have a beautiful yellow lab but he does not leave my yard, keeping your pets at home is part of being a responsible pet owner. Your killer idea is flawed as i am sure not all of the insane killers killed pets first nor do all the ?normal? stray/pet cat killers go on to kill people. Plain and simple your cat killing my wildlife crapping in my kids sandbox ends up dead and its your fault for letting it roam!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread