Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( Looks Like my seasons over for awhile :(

Sat:
Rain and snow in the morning, becoming all snow in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.

Common' Indian Summer

http://www.weather.com/weather/toda...ther+Related+to...&lswe=&lswa=&GO=GO&x=19&y=3

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch...sending warm thoughts your way.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a change, but then it's only been a couple weeks down here that we could go out during the
day without dying of heat exhaustion or severe solar radiation burns :laughing7:

Just got down to the 70's and 80's during the day.

Kinda reminds me of that old SNL Roseanne Roseannadanna skit when she says:
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another."

At least we have tnet for both of our housebound seasons :icon_thumright:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still have time to put up one of those huge tents, strap on the snow blower, chisel, torch,....for God's sake man... be prepared! :laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sat in Red Bluff, CA=Sunny with a high of 81 and a nightime low of 50. :icon_thumleft:
Come on out Jeff, no need to put up with that crap unless we head to the mountains.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, what shall we do! 4 to 6 inches of snow! Temps in the 30's! Whatever shall we do?! 30's is t-shirt weather for us. We got about a foot of snow Wednesday. Which actually was bad for us, as it was a nasty wet snow you couldn't drive on, not the usual dry snow. Makes a big difference according to the part of the country you're in as to how bad the snow is. Your part of the country would fold under if you got our snow, and ours would too if we got yours, as that's how we make our money. You guys be careful on the roads, and be thankful for the moisture.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't hurt my feelings if you keep the storm out there Jeff. :laughing9: Latest forecast for us is up to a foot by Sunday morning. :P

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave Tuesday to go up north deer hunting for ten days. Today it was 75 here and I'm thinking to myself, "What am I thinking! Warm here. Cold and nasty there. Do I really want to go there?" :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are expecting extremely cold weather here as well! The high tomorrow is only going to be in the upper 60s to low 70s! I am sure glad I had my propane tank filled. Now I can run the fireplace to keep the chill off!! :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Can you picture those guys at the relic hunt ? They will have to dig with snow shovels. I wonder if they will get a snow check or was it event held snow or shine? That's what you call rotton luck. All that hype, anticipation and waiting and it snows on the hunt. Frank

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: snow accumulating 4 to 6 inches upgraded to 8 to 14 inches

Do I Hear 20 ?

While the leaves are still changing color, the first snow is already headed to the area, with the National Weather Service predicting the county will be hit with 8 to 14 inches of snow today.

"This is very, very unusual," said John LaCorte, a meteorologist with the NWS, State College. "It has all the look and feel of a classic mid-winter Nor'easter. It's going to be very dangerous."

The last major, widespread snowstorm in Pennsylvania this early was in 1972, LaCorte told The Associated Press, though more recent storms have hit smaller areas.

According to the NWS, snow mixed with rain will fall overnight into this morning with an accumulation of less than a half-inch. The precipitation will become all snow after 10 a.m. today and an accumulation of 6 to 10 inches of snow is possible.

During the day, temperatures will stay at a high of 35 degrees.

By tonight, temperatures will drop to a low of 26 degrees, with a new snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

A NWS report states that heavier amounts are possible over higher elevations and the snow will be heavy and wet, which will likely weigh down trees, leading to downed trees and power outages.

A winter storm warning is in effect from 2 a.m. to 10 p.m. today.

http://republicanherald.com/news/fi...-county-prepares-for-8-to-14-inches-1.1225035

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RGINN said:
OMG, what shall we do! 4 to 6 inches of snow! Temps in the 30's! Whatever shall we do?! 30's is t-shirt weather for us. We got about a foot of snow Wednesday. Which actually was bad for us, as it was a nasty wet snow you couldn't drive on, not the usual dry snow. Makes a big difference according to the part of the country you're in as to how bad the snow is. Your part of the country would fold under if you got our snow, and ours would too if we got yours, as that's how we make our money. You guys be careful on the roads, and be thankful for the moisture.
the main problem with us getting snow this early is that the leaves have not falling off the trees yet,
the highway crews have not got the sand and salt for the roads delivered yet and i have a metal detecting outing planed for tomorrow yes i will still be going but the person who i invited may not be able to make it

The earliest snowfall ever recorded in the city was a paltry 0.5 inches in Central Park on Oct. 15, 1876.
the other dates in oct were also well under 1 inch October 10, 1925, and October 10,1979, on these dates there was a trace of snow

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for some reason it seems 'early' all this snow flying around.

go south! :}

I love our NC winter weather. Hardly a hiccup in life's plans, other than the maybe 2-3 ice storms that 'might' happen and those aren't that bad either :laughing9:

I feel for ya'll battling foot after foot of snow. Too much work.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to 10-16" here and they're warning of downed trees with power outages for "up to days". :BangHead: :BangHead:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Up to 10-16" here and they're warning of downed trees with power outages for "up to days". :BangHead: :BangHead:

Same here on the Power Outage Threats.

Got up 3AM Been Snow and Sleeting all Morning.

Now 7:50 am all snow

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 035.jpg

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Seems like just yesterday you were showing pics of snow in your yard. How time flies. :-\

I think we're in for a cold winter.

Stay warm. I'll be thinking about ya from LA. (Lower Alabama)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4" already also showing it's weight

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yard Donuts

Picture 043.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: snow accumulating 4 to 6 inches, Pushing 9" already

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 035.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Snow-covered roadways and power outages were causing headaches for thousands of people in Schuylkill County on Saturday afternoon.

At 2 p.m. Saturday, there were widespread reports of traffic accidents, trees down and 6,812 customers in Schuylkill County without power. Rush Township had 1,654 without power Wayne had another 1,759 and Butler Township 1,079, to lead the way.

The National Weather Service was calling for a total daytime snow accumulation of up to five to nine inches and another 1 to 2 inches tonight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread