bank transfer day

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Today, November 5, is being coined as bank transfer day. The day when millions of Americans withdrew their money from the larger banks and deposited it in local banks and credit unions across the country. It has been estimated about 4.5 billion dollars was withdrawn today. People are convinced that local banks and credit unions will help small businesses to create more jobs. Also they want more control over their money and want to make a statement in the wallstreet demonstrations. The larger banks have only been interested in the larger investors and depositers for years. Now the middle and lower classes are making changes. There is power in numbers, no matter how small an account is. Good Luck. rockhound

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know about it :laughing9:

but I wouldn't have particpated. I have tons of stock in 5/3 bank...I bank there also. I won't pull my money from my stock investment :)

I would love to 'see results' in cold hard stats on this day for banks...hmmm

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a credit union for years.. I love it, and have even gotten a loan over the phone.....

Would never go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bank with USAA (love this company)

I too can gets loans over the phone. Wanted a new SUV, called and confirmed loan in about 3 minutes. :laughing9: Ah, ya gotta love it! Money on demand!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank transfer day was GREAT for big banks. People removed their accounts that weren't very profitable for big banks and inundated credit unions with their less profitable accounts. Helllllllllllllllllllo!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
packerbacker said:
Bank transfer day was GREAT for big banks. People removed their accounts that weren't very profitable for big banks and inundated credit unions with their less profitable accounts. Helllllllllllllllllllo!

Of course, when you see people that pay there bills paycheck to paycheck, the banks don't care about these accounts. But, generally, I'll have about __k in general funds sitting idle at one time... these are the accounts that is of concern for them to loose. Anything less than a few K are not worth their time. But, keep in mind, that bank fees are still there for even the very modest of transation... so, even a simple paycheck, they will make 'some' money, abeit somewhat small.

I've been with a credit union for years.... both business and personal. I'll never go back to those jerks.

But, buy all means, if you like the idea of your tax money going to a paycheck of a jerk that made very bad decisions... why don't you just write him a check and send it to him directly.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open a basic checking, deposit as required. Install a good safe/safes, and beyond the basic checking, don't use banks or credit at all. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread