What Do You Collect, If Anything?????

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I don't know if you would call it collecting...but I sure seem to have acquired alot of items. Rusty iron seems to be high on the list. I do have quite a few Redwing and stoneware pieces, I like White Graniteware, and old vintage Beach items. I do have a library of old history and geography books, Love old Atlas's and maps. I like funky odd items that I can use for decorating for other purposes than it was intended.
I am trying desperately to collect gold bars and Spanish reales ,but somehow that isn't really working out quite as well as I had hoped.
Love
The Queen of Quite -A -Lot

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
In the past? Fossils, Hard Times tokens, Talbot Mundy novels...

Today? Information— the more obscure, irrelevant, and unprofitable, the better! In the words of Agatha Christie, "It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting!”

Despite the awesome efficiency of internet search engines, I'm still hopelessly addicted to old books, catalogs, and other print sources of forgotten lore.

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason Elephants have began to appear in my Touch Me Nots....Frogs.....And these God aweful looking Baskets All kinds...(I never buy easter baskets) I keep using different ones I've picked up over the years....And Tins...Old Ones New Ones Big Ones Little Ones....Candles......The one that really makes people scratch their heads now are Scrap pieces of lumber (shelving board, trim stuff like that) never know...I just might get into a mood one day! Old books...Maps....Our local library gave away some old outdate history encyclpedias and I have a whole set of those....Never know!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
oh yes...I forgot...I do decorate my Christmas Tree for the Kitchen with old wooden handled kitchen utensils ,antique cookie cutters,etc. I started looking around after I read this and seem to have an ungodly amount of little oil cans...now if I had a Tinman(Not TinPan!)...I also seem to have alout of antique crock bowls and old mirrors.....dang I really need to have a sale.....

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
back when i was a musician, i acquired quite a few guitars and amplifiers. i still have most of them, packed away in the closet. 8 electric guitars, one acoustic, a variety of amplifiers, marshalls, fenders, sunns. i probably should get rid of some of them. ::) maybe someday! ;D

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Record ALBUMS.....Jeez....What to do!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Like gypsy I have all sorts of finds tucked away here and there. I've got loads of Wheat cents I've never even checked the dates on yet. They're covered with hard-packed mud so I don't know what they are nor do I especially care.

While I get a little kick out of posting pictures of my great or meager finds, I really don't care much about any of them. Many will be given away or donated to museums. Things just bore me too quickly to ever become anything of an obsession with me. Stuff is just stuff.

So, what do I collect? I'd say memories of my happy experiences in life. I know, we're talkin major corn here but it's true.

My biggest finds, family, friends, people I've known for many years who share my philosophy of life--these are the memories I cherish. I keep them all in a book in my mind.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
My wife collects frogs and turtles. Ceramic, stuffed, plastic, you name it. Well, I only collect them by default.

T

TreasureTales

My collections:

Litter Bags (only clean ones)
Bumper Stickers
Pinback Buttons & Lapel Pins
Advertising Give-aways (free stuff from business grand openings, business anniversaries, etc.)
Advertising Beer Bottle Openers
Old Bottles, Jars, Tins
Books about the Old West, Treasure Hunting, California, Natural History, Trapping
Fishing Bears (bears with fish in their mouths)
Indian Artifacts
Relics
Robert Service Poetry Books
Zane Grey Westerns

Truth-be-told I'm not a collector. Collectors are knowledgeable about their collections. I'm actually a horder.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a coin collection.
Phone card collection.
Keyring collection.

And my treasure finds ;D

God bless
Peter

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I collect collections. In no particular order here are my favorites, perhaps not odd in and of themselves but more so in the number of collections:
Coins, Artifacts, Tokens, Militaria of all sorts from civil war documents to german WW2 belt buckles, bullets and shell casings- as many different as I can find, old books- U.S. History books in particular, religeous medals, paper money, soda, milk, and medicine bottles, salt water corals- alive, fishing lures, rough gems- no longer actively collecting but..., some fossils, rocks, butterflys and moths, old dishes, red and blue glass, rolled pennies, glass insulaters, and marbles. Don't think I have a collecting problem do ya? ;D My wife thinks so... :(

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cannonball, where on earth do you keep all this stuff ::) I though I was bad with having so much stuff.... must show the wife your message, I will be in her good books again ;D

God bless
Peter

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
You should see my garage and my basement, and my office, and my desk, and my living room, and my book case....I keep it spread about. :D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I collect beer steins, ones with pewter lids, ones without. Have many of the Budweiser Christmas steins. Also skulls (none are real except a few animal skulls), my office looks like Halloween year round! Also Chicago Cub paraphernalia, autographs, bobble heads, baseballs, etc.

Almost forgot............PULLTABS!!! Ive got a large coffee can almost full of freakin pulltabs! ;D

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
My collections:

Litter Bags (only clean ones)
Bumper Stickers
Pinback Buttons & Lapel Pins
Advertising Give-aways (free stuff from business grand openings, business anniversaries, etc.)
Advertising Beer Bottle Openers
Old Bottles, Jars, Tins
Books about the Old West, Treasure Hunting, California, Natural History, Trapping
Fishing Bears (bears with fish in their mouths)
Indian Artifacts
Relics
Robert Service Poetry Books
Zane Grey Westerns

Truth-be-told I'm not a collector. Collectors are knowledgeable about their collections. I'm actually a horder.
We call this Pac-rat.....hehe...nice though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread