Working on a Holiday

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting topic there Scott... I have never, ever, had to work a holiday in my entire life up until this point. I just started a job outside my regular vocation until things change around, if and when then ever do. I have only 2 paid holidays a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, the rest are regular workdays unless they fall on my days off.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One job I had I had worked every holiday and then Christmas came i was suposed to have off well I worked Christmas Eve til 9 pm then came in at 7 am Christmas mornin an no one else came in til 3 so then off to family for food an celebrate then home with grankids for presents they were exhausted no fun ... so the next year I said I would not come in the wich said to boss I had every holiday off so she was not working I went to get calander to show boss the which had destroyed it ... no evidence !~
Bur boss calls next am to say pipes froze an busted no more job for 6 monthes !

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was single I always worked the holidays, even when I didn't have too. The money was good and it allowed those with families to have the time off.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say about workin' holidays is that it is easy time/money in the bank without worryin' 'bout management. :thumbsup:

But, some "jobs" that I had on holidays were of National Security.
Ummm, did I say that out loud?

La, La, Nothing to see here...move along....

Scott

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Scott... I've worked on EVERY holiday Our Nation celebrates. 'Course I was a soldier... didn't have much choice.
Robin

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I'm the wonderful world of retail, if I'm scheduled that day I work. More places that used to close up are now moving towards staying open on major holidays. In my 25 year po-lice career, pretty much on duty every holiday, or on call. Most of us came to have a particular dislike for Christmas, as you would have all these people who couldn't stand each other the other 364 days of the year cooped up together in one house for one day. Let the games begin! Disgusting to have the cops called to your house on Christmas Day, but everybody we had to lock up we made sure to wish them a very merry Christmas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread