Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1547 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Working on a Holiday

The holidays are coming up and I was wondering if anyone has to work on a holiday or if you ever have worked on a holiday.
    Being single, I've found that this is an opportunity to work for those who have families and want off.

How about you? Do you HAVE to work or do you volunteer to work?

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    990 times

Re: Working on a Holiday

Interesting topic there Scott... I have never, ever, had to work a holiday in my entire life up until this point. I just started a job outside my regular vocation until things change around, if and when then ever do. I have only 2 paid holidays a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, the rest are regular workdays unless they fall on my days off.

Charter Member
    us
    The Lord Has Risen

May 2005
    Cherokee Strip
    Cibola
    75 times

One job I had I had worked every holiday and then Christmas came i was suposed to have off well I worked Christmas Eve til 9 pm then came in at 7 am Christmas mornin an no one else came in til 3 so then off to family for food an celebrate then home with grankids for presents they were exhausted no fun ... so the next year I said I would not come in the wich said to boss I had every holiday off so she was not working I went to get calander to show boss the which had destroyed it ... no evidence !~
    Bur boss calls next am to say pipes froze an busted no more job for 6 monthes !
    This is the day the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2581 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

When I was single I always worked the holidays, even when I didn't have too. The money was good and it allowed those with families to have the time off.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1547 times

All I can say about workin' holidays is that it is easy time/money in the bank without worryin' 'bout management.

But, some "jobs" that I had on holidays were of National Security.
    Ummm, did I say that out loud?

La, La, Nothing to see here...move along....

Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

Just a lil' bit outta plumb...

Mar 2006
    The Peach State
    Whatever it takes to get the coon.
    32 times

I'm with Scott... I've worked on EVERY holiday Our Nation celebrates. 'Course I was a soldier... didn't have much choice.
    Robin
    I respect your opinion, but not when I know better.

Fish... or cut bait.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    1217 times

Now that I'm the wonderful world of retail, if I'm scheduled that day I work. More places that used to close up are now moving towards staying open on major holidays. In my 25 year po-lice career, pretty much on duty every holiday, or on call. Most of us came to have a particular dislike for Christmas, as you would have all these people who couldn't stand each other the other 364 days of the year cooped up together in one house for one day. Let the games begin! Disgusting to have the cops called to your house on Christmas Day, but everybody we had to lock up we made sure to wish them a very merry Christmas.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsors