Found at Target tonight!

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fiskars is a good brand. I might have to try to find one of those- my old hori-hori knife is twelve years old and showing its age- the handle has three layers of duct tape on it, now.

The forked point worries me, but I suppose one could file the points down a little where they'd be less likely to damage coins and stuff. Of course, if you use it long enough, the soil will do that for you. The point on my knife is totally rounded, now- as dull as a butter knife. Which is good- I am less likely to scratch a target. Unfortunately the sawteeth on the side of the blade are correspondingly dull- I need to sharpen them.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Ive broke so many 2 piece diggers Ive sworn never to buy another,got me a one piece stainless for twenty bucks its a great digger but not very wide so I have to scoop the dirt out by hand,the end of the grip gave out this weekend so gonna try and ducttape a new improved version. I cant believe you have nowhere to hunt out there. I would be trying to get around that Kings Mtn. Do some research I know there is a private(I think) campground really close to it,right across the street as I recall maybe you could hunt in there or somewhere else around it. I know you cant hunt in the park but the Brits were probably camped all around it. My wife grew up in River Hills just south of Charlotte on the lake. I stole her from down there about ten years ago and shes a yankee now :} HH

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Fiskars makes al kinds of blades - even for scrapbooking which my wife is into. I saw the same blade at target and made the purchase. It worked quite well for about a 2 weeks till I was in a verrrry trashy area trying to get a smashed can pretty deep out when it broke in half. I threw it in the hole and buried with the can I couldnt retreive !! Then while on eBay one night I found the treasure wise 3 in 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treasure-Wise-3...ryZ58056QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it works great !

Attachments

• b4_2.jpg
    b4_2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 528
OP
OP
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there are those of us, myself included, that dig with a little more, oh how should I put it GUSTO than others. I bought a $30.00 sand scoop and about tore my hand off the first day out on the sharp edges. I was cussing and bleeding all over the sand. I was bleeding so bad I didn't stay on the beach more than a couple more hours.
I have friends that are machinist that I'm going to have make me a digger out of 1 piece of 440 stainless and put a kids bicycle handlebar grip on it for a handle. Let me see how fast I can tear that one up! Has anyone destroyed a Lesche yet? I hear they are worth the $30+, so they must be virtually indestructible
But for those who dig politely, go buy the Fiskars, the price is good, if it tears up take it back.

HH,
Ramapirate ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my Fiskars yesterday. Looks sturdy enough for me....tag attached says "Big Grip" with lifetime warranty.
Save the tag & sells slip...if it breaks, call the 1-800 #.

My concern "California Proposition 65 Warning...this project contains chemicals known to the state of CA to cause cancer, birth defects and/or reproductive harm." :o

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I broke one of these Fiskars after about two weeks useage. I haven't bothered yet trying to get a now one free.
I also broke a "Gator" digger that Kellyco sells (copy of a Lesche)

I finally bought a Lesche on Ebay (was $40 shipped). I am 220 lbs and sometimes a bit heavy-handed on target retrieval. I have LEANED on my Lesche and it does nothing more than flex a bit. This thing is tough. I highly recommend one.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
RR,

"
My concern "California Proposition 65 Warning...this project contains chemicals known to the state of CA to cause cancer, birth defects and/or reproductive harm." ''

That is only if your cooking with it ;) ;D
or using it as a eating utensil ::)

have a good un..............

OP
OP
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,
Just don't cook on it or try to eat your cereal with it and you should be okay...

Does anyone remember a SNL episode years ago when they did a skit where the EPA or one of the other many watchdog groups was trying to get cotton balls taken off the market because unless you specifically say don't shove three hundred of them in you mouth, you could choke, or if you're driving and shove them in your eye's and ears you can't hear or see and you could wreck.

Penn and Teller (who I really don't care for) had young ladies dressed in peasant blouses and long skirts go out to parks and earth rallies and get people to sign petitions to ban dihydrogen monoxide, (common water) and actually got 1000's of signatures.

HH,
Ramapirate

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
The blade curve on that digger looks great for cutting small diameter plugs. Nice saw too. I'll have the check it out.

Currently using a Lesche digger...... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
Hi All, Went out last week and got one of the last ones they had. I already have a solid aluminum digger but for $10.00 what the heck.. It looks sturdy enough and it fits into an old fish scaler sheath I have so it will be easy to hold... Thanks for the advice. Take Care Midnightguy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread