Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

A friend sent me a clipping of this ad. I doubt if it is true, but if it is, it is a hoot and a holla :laughing7:

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!] I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,
Alex

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder if it's true.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no clue.. I did google Vinny's and see that it's a pizzeria in SAV.

If it is true that is surely worse than being shot :headbang:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:icon_thumleft: Like Chug said, he would have taken the guys clothes except for his brownie filled tighty whities! I hope it is true, the punishment is great!!!! :icon_thumright: Red :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This'uns been out there for a while... however, I've no doubt that there's a lot of truth behind it. Vinny's is a pizza place in Savannah located in "City Market"... no checks, no credit cards, cash only, I think on Union Street (one west of Bay Street). They have fairly good pizza. You can eat inside, on the walk, or take out. Vinny's is close to what most people would conside a BAD neighborhood. Lot's of bums and dirtbangers in the area, muggings, shootings, excessive drinking and drugs, violence. The city was laid out with multiple public squares, and the dirtbags hang in them. I used to go to a blues club there, but after the third time I had to point a pistol at a muggers face I stopped going. Accosted every time by bums, threatened, and a couple of a$$ whuppings I administered convinced me to stay AWAY from these areas after dark. Don't wanna go to jail for some dirtbag. Savannah is a very interesting historical site, full of interesting areas and places to see... the only metroplian area within a hundred miles where one can catch concerts and shows. Just be aware that after dark it can/does get hairy. Tote a gun if you go, and be prepared to use it. There have been numerous tourists mugged/beaten/robbed/raped/shot by local thugs... I watch the local WTOC news, and there's another incident EVERY broadcast. If you visit, after dark, stay on River Street. Some good restaurants, plenty of bars, but lots of panhandlers and bums. I may be putting a dent in tourisum, but I'm local, and know what i'm talking about, what I see, what I've experienced. Be safe if you visit.
Robin

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Obviously Fake.

He or she admitted Several Felonies, The Feds could Easily
Trace to Him/her,
and Homeland Security Would without second Thought

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't know if it's fake or not, Jeff, but I've lived in Savannah, "done" the city, live about 40 miles south of it. I stay away from it except to go to VA appointments. Lots of violence, the first one that comes to mind is a female tourist that was shot in the adoubless by muggers using a shotgun and died as a result. One can, however, consume adult beverages on the street, as long as they are not in the original container. Dixie Cups are the cure to that. If you visit... be aware, be safe. WTOC has a website... just read a lil' bit...
Robin

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would also have to go with Jeff on this... I read it when I first woke up and it did my my attention. I should have held off and put it in Comedy Central.

After all, our so called hero admittedly confessed to armed robbery, and Identity theft, to list a few of his crimes. :laughing9: I'm sure the police would like to speak to him

It did however sound like a good revenge story, but that is far as it goes.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptainRobin said:
Don't know if it's fake or not, Jeff, but I've lived in Savannah, "done" the city, live about 40 miles south of it. I stay away from it except to go to VA appointments. Lots of violence, the first one that comes to mind is a female tourist that was shot in the adoubless by muggers using a shotgun and died as a result. One can, however, consume adult beverages on the street, as long as they are not in the original container. Dixie Cups are the cure to that. If you visit... be aware, be safe. WTOC has a website... just read a lil' bit...
Robin

My Point, at least This Part

after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

Would have Gotten a full Investigation,
& Since Homeland Security dosn't Have a sense of Humor,
Guess who Would have been arrested.

Would have probably Been traced to his Exact Location
during that "Nice Long Chat" :laughing7:

a 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan Would have Known this,
& also makes me Think Fake because they Threw
Details Like That in Just To Praise Vets.

I Also Do not Believe anyone ever realy
dropped a Duice From being Freightened.
Way too Far out There.

IF he just said He took his stuff and turned it into the police, I'd believe it :wink:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spart... southern boys DO tote guns. Usually concealed, but there's a process to obtain a permit so it is legal to do so. It would not have surprised me at all if some ole southern boy had done that. Some of us folk down here ARE vindictive. I TRY not to be one of the vindictive ones...
BTW, the original posting (read a couple of years ago) had no mention of being a Veteran... Veterans have a sense of Operational Security... wouldn't have revealed that. Still a treat...
Robin

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm gonna go with false......it says he filled up a total of 5 gas tanks. Credit card companies usually limit the number of transactions at a single place in a single day to 3.

But if its true, i want to meet this guy and shake his hand .....lol

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Interesting with the possibility of at least 9 felonies, with the possibility of two more involving firearms in the use of a felony. hmmmmm

Don Jose de La Mancha

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alpha105 said:
I'm gonna go with false......it says he filled up a total of 5 gas tanks. Credit card companies usually limit the number of transactions at a single place in a single day to 3.

But if its true, i want to meet this guy and shake his hand .....lol

a thief with a Credit Card with that Much room on it ?
I doubt that too. Definately not his own.

He would have been using a stolen credit card either way.

That Marine would be a Criminal :laughing7:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Original topic, a couple of years ago... no mention of being a Marine. It may all be bulldust... but, by-god, we don't take $hit down here if'n you're a southern MAN and protecting you and yours. We will die first, and die fighting to the bloody end. Just our way of life, our sense of honor, duty, responsibility. You do not lie, steal, cheat, abuse. You PROTECT those you are with and love.

Don Jose... who committed the first felony? The mugger... had I been in the shoes of the one being victimized, I may have done something along the same lines... I'd have thrown the phone in the first river I crossed after calling... OPSEC.

Credit Cards... mine has quite a bit of credit on it. Wouldn't have been any problem to fill that much fuel, and bought a six pack and some snacks and smokes and still have credit. We got folks down here who bunker their boats (fuel them) and they'll hold 200+ gallons. See them doing it all the time, using cards. Never had any problem with using mine more than three times in a day.

Still a funny read, but I've seen it before... but it has been embellished.
Robin

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptainRobin said:
Never had any problem with using mine more than three times in a day.

Not a problem if 3 times or more spread out, but if in the same building, most credit cards trigger a theft alert and are shut off until the owner calls to find out whats going on. Been there a few times (When i actually had credit available =P)

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've seen this story circulated, written a few different ways each time.

funny as heck tho!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread