spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed that on several of the forums there has been a definite drop in new posts. I wonder if everyone is not queueing up in front of their favorite store looking for that elusive bargain :dontknow:

I have no clue why people rush to get a chance at an early bargain, especially when they only have a very limited stock in the most prized items :laughing7: I do hope you know that there will be other sales throughout the holiday season.

P.S. For those who may live in NJ, I'd advise staying away from the malls at night... If I'm working one of those lots I'll surely run you over, empty your wallet, and dump your body in my truck :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v never understood the Black Friday Insanity :dontknow:

I'v even given up 99%
of the Personal Gift Buying Habit all together.

When it comes to Gift buying for kids,
Birthdays & XMas
I give my sister my list, or
tell her what I'm willing to spend. :tongue3:
If last Minute, $$ in an Envelope do the trick.

The videos of the Psychopaths Pushing & Shoving in the
stores, Just shows what the XMas holliday is Sadly all about.
GREED.

And as far as Standing in line all night to get in a store ?
I didn't even do that for Concerts.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shopped a black friday about 25 years ago. and it wasn't 'that bad' but I will never do it again.
now it is insanity X 100

stores should be fined for creating this mess. truly.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I personally have a morning of metal detecting planned, if the sun would come up!

But I was invited to go shopping(no, that person doesn't know me very well) and when she explained the fun she and her freind have, I started to understand it. They are both very good shoppers, make the most of a good deal, and that IS how they shop all the time. They see this experience as just that, an experience! It's fun, they go Thursday night, they shop for others who can't or won't go. They plan the whole thing, they make new friends, they get the thrill of a good deal. For the first time, I saw it differently. They LAUGH almost the whole time. they are making some good memories for themselves. She said never once has she seen anyone in a bad mood, like closer to the end of the shopping melee on Dec. 24th. When they have to wait in a long line, one of them gets in line with a cart, and they take turns getting what they need. They make friends with the people around them, and they all help each other. The way they do it, it IS about the season, and not so much the BUYing.

But like I said, I'll be digging in the dirt soon, happy to be doing that, and happy that I understand more why they do it!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naturegirl, I hope your friends are charging for their services for those can't, or won't go... For those that can't shop I still charge a high price for my personal valet services, for those that won't go shopping.... Well it'll cost them an arm and a leg. It's all about the Benjamin's :laughing7:

Now as I see it, your friends aren't shopping for the greatest bargains, because that's where all the crazies are gathered. I'm guessing they settle for decent discounts on items that no one else wants, otherwise they will be in the fray of their lifetime. :tongue3:

Shopping on a normal day be be a chore with some of the shoppers out there, why bother going when you may end up risking life and limb :dontknow:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I 'actually' went hunting this morning, then the stoopid wireless phones gave me trouble...now I'm home and going to figure it out and get back out there...in a while :wink: ::) I hope.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beep, the only thing you'll find out thee in the wee hours of the morning is trouble :laughing9:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not around here, usually. Lot fewer folks around early in the morn, my friend...only way to fly in some areas :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread