Herbal Folk Remedy

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok ...Robbie (rvbvetter) is going to probally kill me ...but he sent me this email and it was so funny that I havent stopped laughing so thought I would share it...I think its a great idea myself.....

That gives me a great idea for a business partnership for you and I.
Do you want to hear it? I'm going to tell you anyway.
We'll lease a building and call the business;
" Gypsy's Lotions & Potions and Bobs Brews "
You can have all the floor space except for one corner. And when someone comes in asking for Bobs Brews, you can point to me sitting on a keg in the corner with the hose in my mouth.
Course, you might have to prop me up every now and then.
So what do you think? Brilliant ! huh?

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Not quite herbal but it works all the same. Next time you or someone gets the hickups, get a glass of water and place a spoon in it, in the normal direction, ladle end down. Take a drink but hold the handle end of the spoon to your forehead right between the eyes. Take a sip or drink it all doesn't matter. Now before yall chastise me, I was skeptical too when first presented this through my wife, she learned it from her grandmother. So for an experiment, when my daughter was about 1.5-2 years old she had hickups, I fixed the glass, held the spoon to her forehead and had her take a sip of water, the hickups were gone shortly and she had no idea why we were doing it so in my mind I ruled out the placebo effect.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Let me look at some things on this...I do know that Chinese Yam is very effective at preventing further scar tissue from developing....

This is going to sound very strange...but I do believe in this ....It works for the break down of fatty cells and I do believe that it helps reduce the swelling and accumalation of fat ,scarring etc....

I save all my left over coffee from each day in a gallon jars in the refrigerator. Or you can brew new for this treatment....Take two gallons of strong brewed coffe and add to your bath water. The caffiene in the coffee,absorbed through the skin will help eliminate cellulite and also break down fatty cells ...Soak in the hot water brew for at least a half hour.This also has worked for knee pain and joint pain.....

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Sorry for laughing I can see someone now TRYING to take my coffee....What is left over...I drink all of mine...! You are a great healer Gypsy!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger had a gum infection which was makng her thoroughly miserable for me. A local Indian suggested placing 1/2 of a bean on each side of the infection. It prompt;y eassd any pain and in a day or so, the infection was gone??

Till Eulenspiegle

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Ok gang ,

This one is not really an herbal remedy but i guess you could call it a folk remedy.

One i know for a fact works.
A few years ago i was working with no health insurance.
I went to my family doctor for my allergies.
During the course of my visit i showed him my toenails.
They were very yellow looking. He said it was a fungal infection.

Knowing i had no insurance, he suggested i get some Vicks Vapor -rub and rub all over my toenails and under them as best i could. He said the menthol in it would kill the infection.
I did this every day for about five days and within a month my toes were starting to clear up.Took about 5 months for the toenails to clear itself.(It would depend on how fast your toenails grow.)

A lot cheaper than taking Lamisil for 9 months.

I hope this will help anyone

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy...great tip!!!!! I went years without getting poison ivy, used to get it so bad I needed to be hospitalized, got some this year for the first time in a loooong while and used the jewelweed, it kept the rash from spreading and dried it out in a couple of days, so your remedy works!! I didn;t know you could freeze it and use it later, so will have to remember that, for I have the Irish curse....very sensitive skin...and having it in the freezer will be a big help.....Thanks for passing that along....:)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
RealdeTayopa said:
Tiger had a gum infection which was makng her thoroughly miserable for me. A local Indian suggested placing 1/2 of a bean on each side of the infection. It prompt;y eassd any pain and in a day or so, the infection was gone??

Till Eulenspiegle
What kind of bean ?

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mike in SC said:
Ok gang ,

This one is not really an herbal remedy but i guess you could call it a folk remedy.

One i know for a fact works.
A few years ago i was working with no health insurance.
I went to my family doctor for my allergies.
During the course of my visit i showed him my toenails.
They were very yellow looking. He said it was a fungal infection.

Knowing i had no insurance, he suggested i get some Vicks Vapor -rub and rub all over my toenails and under them as best i could. He said the menthol in it would kill the infection.
I did this every day for about five days and within a month my toes were starting to clear up.Took about 5 months for the toenails to clear itself.(It would depend on how fast your toenails grow.)

A lot cheaper than taking Lamisil for 9 months.

I hope this will help anyone
I am a big believer in alternate medicine.
I find that tea tree oil works great for toenails ,or lemon grass oil.

One great thing that you can do for your feet is to soak them in a footbath of cider vinegar. it will cure alot of ailments ,but because of its acidy base,any type of fungi cannot live when treated with it.
two drops of vinegar on the infected toenail (three times a day) will also work.

Also its great as a cold preventative. I take two table spoons of cider vinegar each morning, the girls take one.It really fights infection and stops colds,etc from developing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread