Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times

How is everyone doing this time of year??? I'll start.

Nothing specific. I've been working 6 months now. I have everything in my life seemingly trouble free... Dogs are fine. It's getting colder outside in Austin though. I've been thinking of getting my german shepard a little baby chick for christmas (to make friends with) and make a shed for it of course. I'm no longer dating the teacher... My wheel (aluminum rim) has a crack, and I'll be replacing that... Oh, and I need to run by wal-mart to buy some more socks because I'm down to only a couple.

But in all, everything seems to be acceptable this time of year.

happy holidays. I hope your life is as trouble free as mine right now.

us
    Jan 2007
    Northen New Mexico
    don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
    56 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: How is everyone doing this time of year??? I'll start.

Seemed like everything was going fine till my rat terrier got upon the counter and ate a whole package of Oreo cookies dumb dog now she's puking black stuff all over the carpet, and my wife hates cleaning it up
    I took the road less traveled------------------- and now I'm lost
    The secret to a long life ....................... make sure the sailor at the helm can't swim

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes
    Seemed like everything was going fine till my rat terrier got upon the counter and ate a whole package of Oreo cookies dumb dog now she's puking black stuff all over the carpet, and my wife hates cleaning it up
    I have a rat terrior, and she seems to think she owns the whole house. Her idea of eating is, "Stuff it in my mouth as fast as I can, despite the fact that I might not be able to breath". My own german shepard is scared of her and when she's at the food troff, she backs away... a 75 pound GS versus a 25 pound rat terrior.. Go figure...

She's crazy.

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    685 times
    tectin crap

The dow jumped three hundred points today, the economy is growing steadily, unlimited overtime at work, the axis of evil is crumbling, new president coming soon, and it's still in the mid forties and I'm still tectin up hear in Northern New York. I'm doing just great! Thanks for asking.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Tesoro Sidewinder, White's Coinmaster, White's Surfmaster II
    293 times
    Metal Detecting

Bad News First:

Under employed.

My family has had over 10 deaths in just over 18 months. The latest funeral visit to the funeral home was Monday. Due to age and health were probably looking at another 2-4 funerals in the next two years.

Truck needs a new catalytic converter. (Which is seriously cutting into my savings for a new Cibola.)

Other family members having major issues with their kids.

Good News Second:

I don't have kids. So no problems with the lil monsters.

I've got a job. So much better than being unemployeed.

I have fallen in love again with metal detecting this year. (I had not done anything for a couple of years since it's now a big time and $$$ issue to go to my favorite beaches where I used to normally detect.)

I loved my Sidewinder for beach detecting (freshwater) and I now love it even more as a land machine.

Got a back-up detector this year.

I found a gold ring this year! I later gave it to a neighbor as a reward for helping me to catch my run away dog. (She can be really bad, but I love her.)

I'm pretty sure Santa is bringing me a new Digital Camera. Helpful since I've lost mine and a camera phone just doesn't cut it all the time.

...And it's been warm for this time of year. Yesterday, five days from X-Mas, and I got to spend two hours after work metal detecting. I found a hand-ful of clads and enjoyed every second of finding them. When I put them into my cup of coins I've found this fall, I was surprised at how full it's getting. It looks like I'm going to be able to play in the dirt again today after work.

You will dig trash. Get over it.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2675 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I'm just cruising along, nothing grand, but then again, nothing too bad either. "Steady as she goes!"
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Just a lil' bit outta plumb...

Mar 2006
    The Peach State
    Whatever it takes to get the coon.
    34 times

Well... I'm retired, the spouse is self-employed and works from home, it's 68 degrees this morning, bugs ain't bad anymore, and I'm gonna order a Troy Built garden tiller today from Lowe's. Life is good. "Continue to march"... Y'all have a good holiday season.
    Robin
    I respect your opinion, but not when I know better.

Fish... or cut bait.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2137 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Not bad. I got a new girlfriend on the side and she's really hot. She's on the rebound so she really wants to please. Think she said she is a teacher.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    Massachusetts
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    4302 times
    The Truth

Could be worse, could be better. Always look at the bright side of things. I live by the saying " I cried because i had no shoes,until i met a man that had no feet."
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.Ē

us
    "you can't fight with me...you're miniature...you fight like a hamster."

Nov 2008
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    Not bad. I got a new girlfriend on the side and she's really hot. She's on the rebound so she really wants to please. Think she said she is a teacher.
    .... did MIKE even get this!?!? youre such a trouble maker! funny stuff.... hey btw where is TX tee?
    today and everyday ...... happy go lucky to be alive

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer
    366 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

The leaves are falling from the trees,the weather is cold one day and warm the next.Were finally getting the rain that we really need.I got a second job working at U.P.S.,but after 2 weeks they let us all of the new hires go. The twins have done good at college,my parents are doing good,and I don't owe anybody any money,now I get to go Christmas shopping.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Everything was peachy until this guy comes up to me in Patrick Sinclair's Irish Pub and says: "I'll bet ya $100 my dog can talk."

Starting there my day went south....
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    Massachusetts
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    4302 times
    The Truth

Should of told him that you would bet him 200 that you could shut it up
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.Ē

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

all I know is I left stone broke and missing a shoe...tomorrow I'll ask what happened.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    Well, I'm sure she'll treat you great. Mine treated me very well. I'd probably still be with her except we just kinda ... fell apart... (good one though).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors